Sign in to follow this  
Tatin1987

Match making and really bad teams....

6 comments in this topic

[NOIR-]
Players
2 posts
2,421 battles

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning and groaning etc but T10 teams for random matches are just shocking at the moment. 

I play mostly with BB (Battleships) and its so frustrating, I find myself in a game with about 4-5 DD (destroyers) per side  which if you're a BB player is a S*** show tbh. You have peeps moaning and yelling to push forward and support which is fair enough but then to find that you get deleted because every enemy DD wants that kill count plus every other enemy ship while drooling shooting the living snot out of you. The funny thing is I play the conqueror and I see peeps groaning about it etc but it all counts for sod all when you have a little B******* of a ship shooting torps all over the maps. 

I get that balancing for every ship type is hard especially when you have other people like me moaning about there ships, but I find it really sad when you grind and sink in so many hours playing a line you like to have it urinated on by a dingy with torps. Please don't be a tool and say L2P etc or clan up or just hang back and snipe, unless you have stuffed decent hours in a BB line you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,770 posts
6,925 battles

The easiest way around this "problem" of catching torps is not quite the answer you want, but that is to sink some hours into mid-high tier DD's yourself. That way you get a feel for torp reload and how inconsistent of a weapon they truly are. Torpedoes rely heavily on your mistakes or tunnelvisioning, and from the receving end all you have to do is to change course and speed up and down in intervals. 

If an enemy DD manages to torpedo you within 10 km changes are you did not anticipate it enough, and if you did and still get hit chances are that only 1-2 torpedoes will hit you and that is rarely fatal unless you missmanage your damage control or have already been shot to crap.

[NOIR-]
Players
2 posts
2,421 battles

Thanks for the reply :D 

Oh I've tried different tactics etc and approaches to it, while I agree with them being a hit or miss weapon system but 2-3 DD aiming torps or just spraying a certain area makes the challenge to dodge. 1v1 with a DD is manageable to dodge and timing as you said but that is rarely the case, I'm not the best player or the worst but its annoying to have peeps shouting and moaning to push or even when you're trying to be a tank for them to see this wall of torps coming from any given angle lol. Not to mention the turn radius of a small moon so it soon ends in cursing and shaking ones fist, I get its a double edge sword with making the DD useful at the same-time making the BB quiver.  

Its not the DD in general thats the problem for me so much, its the amount of them in a one given match. I play about 10-15 games a day and maybe 1-2 has less then 4 DDs per side in a game.

I do watch Flamu and Notser vids and other tactics etc to try and get that edge but how much research is needed for a game to come on and enjoy lol.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
2 hours ago, Tatin1987 said:

I find myself in a game with about 4-5 DD (destroyers) per side  which if you're a BB player is a S*** show tbh.

Actually tbh most of them kill themselves at their 1st confrontation with the enemy DDs. And then the rest of them you can deal with by using WASD keys. Really not that much of a problem

Oh w8, this whole thread is whining about torps? *sigh* Well then...

6f6.png

Players
271 posts
8,834 battles

This is all i get now, it's a complete waste of time, there is nothing balanced or competitive about this game at all.........and unbalanced sh!t like this makes stats meaningless.

WoWs random battles is nothing more than a series of pre-decided matches, what i want to know, what parameters are used to construct teams, because there is no way in hell it's random, so WG what you gotta say about it?.

shot-18_12.17_23_20.54-0655.thumb.jpg.d3591629c424ca83595b6b48a3e67c5e.jpg

[KIEL]
Players
11 posts
5,828 battles

Ive been getting the same a lot now, regarding one sided battles! Quite often now all my team will be destroyed, and we've maybe sunk one or possibly two of the other team for our troubles, almost like we put t10 bb's against t5 cruisers..

Sign in to follow this