Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Allied_Winter

Prinz Eitel Friedrich: A ship and its campaign (Steel rewards included)

80 comments in this topic

5,018 posts
9,482 battles

So, WG released the information on PEF and the campaigns:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/prinz-eitel-friedrich/

In short:

- Directives to obtain the PEF (if you buy the PEF before hand and obtain her additionally through the campaign you get 6800 DUBLOONS as a compensation), up to 2000 steel as rewards possible

- Campaign that you can start once the PEF is in your port, up to 2019 steel as rewards possible

(- "Steel Monsters" campaign from the shop for up to 4000 steel)

Per Directive it's 11 missions over 5 weeks. So 44 missions in total. Although some missions might be nation bound to e.g. Poland or Italy.

Thoughts?

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
3,528 posts
9,146 battles

So, if I'm reading it right, that's 4019 steel max for f2p; 8019 steel max if you pay real money - that doesn't seem ridiculous (from a knackering the economy perspective, and not commenting on the 'buying steel' thing)?

If you are starting from zero steel, you can get Flint (8700 steel, using a coupon), if you have a fair chunk of T8+ premiums, or T9+ silver ships...

So, we aren't going to see a swarm of steel ships overrunning the game.

Have I missed anything?

• Cool 2

5,018 posts
9,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Have I missed anything?

Not really. 

On tiny caveat could be that (on the PTS) some of the missions in the directive chain were nation bound. So if you don't have e.g. the Blyska, you're not able to max out (F2P wise).

And there's still the snowflakes that can earn you steel on top of all the campaigns.

My Black is now pretty reachable.

• Cool 2

Players
7,809 posts
9,495 battles
2 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Not really. 

On tiny caveat could be that (on the PTS) some of the missions in the directive chain were nation bound. So if you don't have e.g. the Blyska, you're not able to max out (F2P wise).

And there's still the snowflakes that can earn you steel on top of all the campaigns.

Prime question how much steel for snowflakes in the end, but assuming last seen 100/ship, then I have no need to bother myself with steel, as it won't be not even close for discounted Flint.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,528 posts
9,146 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

That was what I was alluding to with the reference to higher tier ships.

Because I suck at the modes that previously generated steel from scratch, I've only got a couple of hundred steel, so I was starting from there. Due to a distressing case of excessive premium accumulation, weird nation-specific stuff shouldn't be too much of an issue for me, but I can see it sucking rather for those with a more sensible approach to premium ships...

Whilst having Black would have been nice, an enormously tubby DD (avec citadel) should be an entertaining alternative.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Typical wargaming...

I'am neither interested in the PEF, nor the camPAINs... Only the "Preußen" flag from the collection, which is of f*cking course locked behind either 5 weeks of brainless grinding or my wallet.

Thanks for nothing!

FaroffConcernedHalicore-size_restricted.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,923 posts
4,783 battles

Anyone knows when the steel monsters campaign will pop up in the prem shop? Or what it will cost?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,936 posts
21,418 battles
22 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

So, if I'm reading it right, that's 4019 steel max for f2p; 8019 steel max if you pay real money - that doesn't seem ridiculous (from a knackering the economy perspective, and not commenting on the 'buying steel' thing)?

If you are starting from zero steel, you can get Flint (8700 steel, using a coupon), if you have a fair chunk of T8+ premiums, or T9+ silver ships...

So, we aren't going to see a swarm of steel ships overrunning the game.

Have I missed anything?

Don't forgett that you'll be able to get some steel from "blowing a snowflake" from T8 premium, T9 and T10. So depending on number ships that could be nice amount of steel from all sources.

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles
1 minute ago, fumtu said:

Don't forgett that you'll be able to get some steel from "blowing a snowflake" from T8 premium, T9 and T10. So depending on number ships that could be nice amount of steel from all sources.

200 Steel per tier x ship is hardly an incentive

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,936 posts
21,418 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Yes but there are 25 T10 ships. Those who have all them could 5k of steel for just 25 games. That is not a small amount. When you add 27 T9 and some 20+ T8 premium there is a lot of potential for additional steel. For some it could mean enough to buy a ST

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,528 posts
9,146 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I hadn't forgotten - that (for me) makes the difference between getting Flint and not, I think...

I haven't worked out how much steel I can bag from high tier premiums etc., but I think it'll be a couple of thousand, most likely.

Edit: I'm assuming 100 steel per ship; if it's more than that, Black might conceivably come within reach (10,500 steel, with coupon).

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,914 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Have 20 tier Xs and suddenly that's 4000 steel.

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
1,865 posts
4,297 battles
10 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I'am neither interested in the PEF, nor the camPAINs... Only the "Preußen" flag from the collection, which is of f*cking course locked behind either 5 weeks of brainless grinding or my wallet.

Erm. If it's like the other permanent collections, you can get it from regular daily containers. All you need to do is play enough of the event to get one of the speshul containers to unlock the collection.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,923 posts
4,783 battles
14 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Typical wargaming...

Thanks for nothing!

Why would you want a useless flag?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,861 posts
17,421 battles
9 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Anyone knows when the steel monsters campaign will pop up in the prem shop? Or what it will cost?

when it will pop up well i would guess 20th at start of campaign.. how much.. I would like to know that as well..

I actully quit like this idea of these mission with extra reward if you pay some money..  As long as its a increase in (Dubloons/Steel/Coal) no lets say free tier 44 ship for free version and free tier 8 for pay.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,722 posts
11,486 battles

Hi all,

51 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

So, WG released the information on PEF and the campaigns:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/prinz-eitel-friedrich/

In short:

- Directives to obtain the PEF (if you buy the PEF before hand and obtain her additionally through the campaign you get 6800 DUBLOONS as a compensation), up to 2000 steel as rewards possible

- Campaign that you can start once the PEF is in your port, up to 2019 steel as rewards possible

(- "Steel Monsters" campaign from the shop for up to 4000 steel)

Per Directive it's 11 missions over 5 weeks. So 44 missions in total. Although some missions might be nation bound to e.g. Poland or Italy.

Thoughts?

In previous years we had similar combination of Directive / Campaign around Christmas / New Year but it was possible to do both for "Free" if player is dedicated enough.

This year, if I am reading this all correctly, there will, be similar "window" of 7-10 day for "Free" players - is this OK (i.e. do you understand it that way as well)?

"In the Name of His Highness!"

Event starts: Thu. 20 Dec. 09:00 CET (UTC+1)

Event ends: Tue. 22 Jan. 05:00 CET (UTC+1)

The rules of this event will be similar to the rules of the "Royal Navy" Campaign, but this time it will contain one Stage and four Directives, each offering 10 to 11 combat missions. All available combat missions can be undertaken simultaneously. The next Directive will become available upon the completion of six combat missions, but not before its scheduled start date.

The "In the Name of His Highness!" event will be available for players who reached Level 12 in their Service Record, and who are at the helm of Tier V or higher ships in Random, Co-op and Ranked Battles.

On Day 1 of the event, only the first Directive will be available. The second one will open up a week later, and so on. The fourth Directive will remain open for two weeks with all combat missions available until the end of the event. This means you can enter the game even during the fourth week and still be able to complete all available combat missions. But please keep in mind that each Directive is more difficult than the preceding one. So, plan your time wisely so as not to miss your chance to acquire Prinz Eitel Friedrich!

The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only.

By successfully progressing through the combat missions of the event, you can get up to 15 containers from the "Belle Époque" collection, three Santa’s Gift containers and as much as 2,000 Steel!

The ultimate reward of the event is German Tier VI battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich. The ship is awarded for completing the fourth Directive, which becomes available only after you have completed the preceding three.

If you already have Prinz Eitel Friedrich in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation.

"Mighty Prinz" Campaign

In accord with a good old New Year's tradition celebrated in World of Warships, Update 0.7.12 will usher in a new Campaign.

This year, it will be a temporary festive campaign called "Mighty Prinz" where the first combat mission is assigned exclusively to battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich.

Campaign starts: Thu. 20 Dec. 13:00 CET (UTC+1)

Campaign ends: Tue. 22 Jan. 07:00 CET (UTC+1)

Please note that the task of the first combat mission in the "Mighty Prinz" campaign will only be accessible with battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich.

The remaining part of the campaign can be completed with Tier VI or higher ships in Random and Ranked Battles. Some of the tasks can be completed in Clan and Co-op Battles.

The campaign consists of six combat missions, each comprising up to four tasks with containers holding items from the "Belle Époque" collection as their reward.

The "Mighty Prinz" campaign provides a good chance to grab five researchable Tier VI ships wearing permanent New Year camouflage patterns, free of charge.

The rewards for completing the final tasks of each combat mission are as follows:

• First combat mission: VI Hatsuharu

• Second combat mission: VI Nürnberg

• Third combat mission: VI Icarus

• Fourth combat mission: VI Dallas

• Fifth combat mission: VI Normandie

The reward for completing the final task of the last combat mission is a permanent camouflage designed specifically for Prinz Eitel Friedrich.

All ships will come with a permanent New Year camouflage, Port slot and Commander with three skill points. The ships will be automatically researched in the Tech Tree in their base (standard) build, but any preceding ships that you have not researched will remain in the "unresearched" status.

If you already have the above-mentioned ships in your Port, you'll get a Port slot and compensation equal to the base price of the ships, including any active discounts. If there is no vacant place in the Reserve for the newly added Commander, the Reserve will be expanded automatically.

The New Year camouflage for Tier VI ships will provide you with the following bonuses:

• –3% to the ship's detectability range by sea

• +4% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship

• +50% to XP per battle

• –10% to the cost of your ship's post-battle service

"Nerves of Steel": Combat Missions

As soon as battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich is in your port., you can get down to a series of combat missions called "Nerves of Steel". This chain consists of five combat missions that can be completed in Operations, Random, Ranked and Co-op Battles with battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich only. Each combat mission will bring you 400 Steel, and by completing the entire chain you'll get an extra 19 Steel, which makes it 2,019 Steel in total.

Start: Fri. 21 Dec. 06:00 CET (UTC+1)

End: Fri. 25 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1)

You can complete the Combat Missions of this Chain only once, and only in the specified order.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,528 posts
9,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

This year, if I m reading this all correctly, there will, be similar "window" of 7-10 day for "Free" players - is this OK (i.e. do you understand it that way as well)?

I think so - my recollection of last year is that the 'main' quest (for DoY) was relatively leisurely, but the final bit for the interesting cammo etc. was rather more time-pressing, especially, if you hadn't stayed on top of the earlier stages...

• Cool 1

Players
3,288 posts
15,226 battles
36 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Don't forgett that you'll be able to get some steel from "blowing a snowflake" from T8 premium,

However, being a snowflake, you'll have to get written permission to blow it first. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
30 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Erm. If it's like the other permanent collections, you can get it from regular daily containers. All you need to do is play enough of the event to get one of the speshul containers to unlock the collection.

Don't know how they handled last years winter-wallet-collection, "Battle of the North Cape", as I was one of the stupid people who actually bought Puke of Dork in the shop... (First and last time!)

28 minutes ago, thiextar said:

2000px-Flag_of_Prussia_(1892-1918).svg.p

That's why!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NED]
Players
1,836 posts
7,070 battles

Since i only have to work monday and friday on Xmass week and have the first 2 weeks of januari for vacation i guess i will end up grinding a bit in wows.

[SCRUB]
Players
989 posts
8,131 battles
53 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Because GLORIOUS PRUSSIA. 

That's why. 

(For myself it is the most aesthetically pleasing flag ever hoisted by a nation, I like it.) 

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,600 posts
10,347 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Not really. 

mine too

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,600 posts
10,347 battles
1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Typical wargaming...

Thanks for nothing!

One would argue that lusting after a pixel flag is similarly brainless?

Players
132 posts
7,681 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

From WG website:

"There will be some juicy bundles waiting for you in the Premium Shop, including a special bundle with access to a new type of campaign called "Steel Monsters" which, once completed, lands a tidy reward of 4,000 Steel."

Just as I anticipated, probably some bloated bundle for around 35 Euro. We know how WG loves to give us value for money.

Sign in to follow this