You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Prinz Eitel Friedrich: Winter Event, Campaign and Rewards! - Discussion Thread

81 comments in this topic

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
61 posts
4,846 battles

It is so unclear to me how much steel one can earn from different sources.

"In the Name of His Highness!" Event - 2000

"Mighty Prinz" Campaign - 0

"Nerves of Steel": Combat Missions - 2019

"Belle Époque" collection - 2000

"Steel Monsters" Campaign from the Premium Shop - 4000

Total would be 10019, am I right?

[S-M-V]
[S-M-V]
Players
9 posts
7,343 battles

Woooow!!! You get 2000 steel, BUT THATS NOT ALL FOLKS! YOU GET 19 STEEL FOR FREEE! HURAAAAY.. Now i feel like when im going in shopping mall to buy asswipes. And Im looking at prices, hm.. 10 pieces of asswipes for 3 euros, meh, pass, then i see 12 asswipes for 4 euros and then on it says BUY 12 AND GET 2 PIECES FOR FREEEEEE! YAAAAAAAAY, thats how I feel now.. you get 19 steel for free.. Jesus..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,561 battles

It looks like 4019 steel BUT it seems WG resigned from a "paid" mission for steel (?) and just put a requirement to have Prinz Eitel.

UPDATE: I was wrong.

"Drop into the Premium Shop, where you can find a variety of bundles featuring this ship, as well as a special pack with access to a campaign called "Steel Monsters". We will be covering “Steel Monsters” soon where you will be able to get even more Steel, so keep an eye on the Portal!"

OFC, WG doesn't sell missions for steel. It sells Prinz Eitel bundled with a steel mission :cap_cool::cap_money:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, PiXiE93 sagte:

Woooow!!! You get 2000 steel, BUT THATS NOT ALL FOLKS! YOU GET 19 STEEL FOR FREEE! HURAAAAY.. Now i feel like when im going in shopping mall to buy asswipes. And Im looking at prices, hm.. 10 pieces of asswipes for 3 euros, meh, pass, then i see 12 asswipes for 4 euros and then on it says BUY 12 AND GET 2 PIECES FOR FREEEEEE! YAAAAAAAAY, thats how I feel now.. you get 19 steel for free.. Jesus..

omg those 19 steel are an addtional "reward" after the fifth mission, so that you'll get 2019 int total from this chain ...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

On what day does the final directive unlock? I.e. how much time does a player get to complete the campaigns/missions only available for the Prinz Eitel Friedrich if they don't buy the ship in the premium shop?

Tagging @MrConway, @Crysantos and @Tuccy in hopes of getting the answer.

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
61 posts
4,846 battles

It appears, that "In the Name of His Highness!" Event could be finished not sooner than 12-Jan-2019. It leaves only 8 days for "Mighty Prinz" Campaign. If they will not be harder than during the tests, it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise it makes no sense. Is it to make people buy this ship in the premium shop?

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles
6 minutes ago, Sznyper said:

Is it to make people buy this ship in the premium shop?

How did you guess that? :Smile_great:

• Funny 6

[GREAT]
Players
9 posts
3,341 battles

I like it. You are more successfull than wot about these kind of events.

It is good to have a new premium ship for free after completing easy missions.

It is good to give more who pays and buys ship from premium shop. I will buy ship and complete missions for steel.

GJ WOWS team.

• Cool 1

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
61 posts
4,846 battles

It appears, that at least 25€ to buy the ship and I expect higher price ofr the "Steel Monsters" campaign. Is it worth it?

[BIA]
Beta Tester
319 posts
2,585 battles
36 minutes ago, Sznyper said:

+ some steel for snow flakes.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Eraser_SK sagte:

where did you see steel from this collection?

edit: ops, wrong quote author, sorry

Beta Tester
38 posts
2,677 battles
39 minutes ago, Sznyper said:

The collection does not reward any steel so it is 8019 total from announced sources + some from blowing snowflakes.

Players
264 posts
6,955 battles

The "Steel Monsters" campaign should at least be for sale separately from the pz Eitel F itself. Now i know that may sound dumb as we are then effectively selling steel for money, but what is currently happening is even worse: selling steel for money, but you also need to buy a tier 6 premium along with it

Players
52 posts

Ok, I am a bit confused here.

His Highness Event (start-end): 20 Dec - 22 Jan -> reward: PEF
Mighty Prinz Campaign (start-end): 20 Dec - 22 Jan -> you need PEF in order to complete it, otherwise you cant even start the campaign.
Nerves of Steel Combat Missions (start-end): 21 Dec - 25 Jan. -> PEF required

So, the only thing you could get without paying is the ship PEF itself, right? Because those events are simultaneous.

Players
264 posts
6,955 battles
1 minute ago, m3c0 said:

Mighty Prinz Campaign (start-end): 20 Dec - 22 Jan -> you need PEF in order to complete it, otherwise you cant even start the campaign.

So, the only thing you could get without paying is the ship PEF itself, right? Because those events are simultaneous.

Well you can rush your [edited]off to get it ASAP, finishing the other two missions still

Edit: but yes, effectively you need to buy it. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles
1 minute ago, m3c0 said:

No.

You can get PEF before 22 Jan

• Cool 1

[BIA]
Beta Tester
319 posts
2,585 battles

Its same like year or two before... you get PEF week or max. two before end of campaign... but this campaign is much more easy (also in coop) that your practicly can finish in one day. For Nerves of Steel Combat Missions you have additional 2 day and missions are just about dmg, exp or credits... they took max. 2-4 days depend on how hard you will play. This all is EZ. But im scared from this:

The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
38 posts
2,677 battles
6 minutes ago, m3c0 said:

The last directive will be made available in 3 weeks from the start, so 10th of January. 

This leaves you with 11 days to complete the last directive, campaing and combat missions, which will most likely require some serious time dedication.

• Cool 2

Players
46 posts
4,712 battles

Just some thinking here:

If you have the ship when completing the directives you get a compensation of 6 800 Doubloons.

So in case you buy the ship upfront to have enough time for the Campaign etc. you might - depending on the Price of the ship -

could see it as a "forced" buy of dubloons somehow. 6800 Doubloons are around 25€ so - lets see what the ship cost is.

So in case you are in need of dubloons for other purposes that might be a viable option (buying the ship immediately and getting the Doubloons

after finishing the Directives...)

For the rest - lets see how complex the campaign and missions are - one might have still some days (around 8) to complete them...

might be tight but possible...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Eraser_SK sagte:

The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only.

On the PTS it was:

- Grind 100k Credits with US Tier 5+ ships [I'd guess 1M credits on the live server]

- Grind 100k Credits with German Tier5+ ships

- Grind 100k Credits with Shinonome/Pan America Tier 5+

(in total 11 tasks for 11 nations)

All tasks for "Premium ship only nations" were "shared" with the Shinanome, which was the "replacement" for the PEF on the PTS. So maybe the tasks for those nations on the Live server will be also doable with PEF..

Players
52 posts

Oki, thank you guys for all the answers. I have no experience with previous new year campaigns.
Well, even if I get the ship in the very first possible day, I still don't think Ill be able to finish the other two events in time. Playing 24h a day in the last days is not possible for me.

4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

On the PTS it was:

- Grind 100k Credits with US Tier 5+ ships [I'd guess 1M credits on the live server]

- Grind 100k Credits with German Tier5+ ships

- Grind 100k Credits with Shinonome/Pan America Tier 5+

(in total 11 tasks for 11 nations)

All tasks for "Premium ship only nations" were "shared" with the Shinanome, which was the "replacement" for the PEF on the PTS. So maybe the tasks for those nations on the Live server will be also doable with PEF..

Does this mean you are forced to buy polska ship and perth too? Are those nations included? All this gets even more funnier...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,237 posts
Vor 1 Minute, m3c0 sagte:

Does this mean you are forced to buy polska ship and perth too? Are those nations included? All this gets even more funnier...

no, I am pretty sure that you don't have to fullfill all tasks, so the "free" techtree nations should be enough I guess.

• Cool 1