You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
geekuma

How to stop spamming?

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
11 posts
1,669 battles

How do you stop someone spamming on the chat? In World of Tanks you just select the player, block their messages and you're done, easy! 

I just experienced an "interesting" battle, where one player was extremely abusive in the chat, spamming multiple times a minute. I was one of his/her dedicated targets. The spamming was continuous and accompanied by the voice messages, which made the concentration (surprise surprise) very hard. The spamming stopped only at the very end of the battle when he/she was concentrated on hunting the CV and didn't play with the F-buttons anymore. 

I did: 

• Add him/her to Blacklist. No effect. 
  • Stop messages from him/her. No effect. 
  • Reported for poor behaviour in chat. Obviously no immediate effect, but at least made me feel slightly better. 

The replay file can be found here. It is NOT published for shaming purposes, so please do NOT attack nor abuse the players in the game, not even the spammer. I'm publishing the replay file, so others can evaluate the situation themselves and maybe come up with comments. And yes, my Aoba fighting sucks totally :-D 

Edited by geekuma
Replay file

7 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,461 battles

It is unfortunately not possible to block the voice commands of other players.

The only way would be to sink the player, which I obviously don't recommend ^^

However Wargaming has confirmed that they know about this problem and are working on a solution.

Players
11 posts
1,669 battles
34 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

However Wargaming has confirmed that they know about this problem and are working on a solution.

Thank you for the information! I agree with both effectiveness and improperness of the sinking solution :-P 

About WG knowing about the problem; sounds like someone has pulled a management decision to allow the voice command spam (yes, deliberately not taking an action means effectively an approval). Nevertheless, I find it very hard that any self-respecting tester or business analyst would either miss or allow such a loophole to exist. 

Maybe it was seen as insignificant or too difficult to fix at the time, or maybe they had a deadline to reach. But the game is already over 3 years old, so what gives, WG? With all due respect, this is a bit too obvious bug to be allowed to exist such a long time. 

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
10,147 battles

You can disable the actual spoken lines so that only the chat and minimap are spammed somewhere in the audio settings.

Players
11 posts
1,669 battles
21 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You can disable the actual spoken lines so that only the chat and minimap are spammed somewhere in the audio settings.

That's true, but it doesn't help with the chat window exploding. Thank you for the idea in any case, 

[BABBY]
Players
4 posts
5,708 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I am really looking forward to this, see attached picture. The guy just spammed this all game, until the enemy carriers sunk him (complimented them for that).

So please make sure that blocking someone solves this issue.

Thanks!

spam.png