Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Embracing players of other communities will only enhance gameplay...

25 comments in this topic

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles

@MrConway@Crysantos@The_EURL_Guy@Delhroh We must do all we can to help them and not shun them away because they don't speak English, as an example look at the Spanish community I mean I always wondered why do we get random Spanish threads pop up on here from time-to-time and I think I found the answer, they have no where else to go as their own forums have been closed down by WG:

Sad really as I like the Spanish community and even spent time in a Spanish WOWS Clan DNH, Spain are as much apart of Europe as any other country.

More should be done to support these communities before they disappear altogether including helping them integrate into the English speaking forums perhaps with their own sub-forums!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles

Agree entirely. Spanish is one of the world's great languages. If you speak Spanish & English you can visit a huge number of countries and speak with the local people on their terms.

It's not a good look for Wargaming that there is no Spanish speaking forum.

• Cool 2

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles
23 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

We must do all we can to help them and not shun them away because they don't speak English

100% agree.

Also, if possible, try to interpret the "Google translate" comment for the player to a more understandable English, so his voice can be heard without ridicule.

• Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
24 minutes ago, iJoby said:

100% agree.

Also, if possible, try to interpret the "Google translate" comment for the player to a more understandable English, so his voice can be heard without ridicule.

I think if they could recruit a few Spanish speaking moderators it would be quite possible for them to have their own sub forum as it could be policed effectively.

WG should try something its not that hard, each major language group of a region should have their own forum or sub forum.

We still have English, German, Polish, Czech/Slovene, French and Italian Forums so why not Spanish too?

Even the Turkish forums have been closed down...

• Cool 2

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
Off-topic.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles
56 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

@MrConway@Crysantos@The_EURL_Guy@Delhroh We must do all we can to help them and not shun them away because they don't speak English, as an example look at the Spanish community I mean I always wondered why do we get random Spanish threads pop up on here from time-to-time and I think I found the answer, they have no where else to go as their own forums have been closed down by WG:

Sad really as I like the Spanish community and even spent time in a Spanish WOWS Clan DNH, Spain are as much apart of Europe as any other country.

More should be done to support these communities before they disappear altogether including helping them integrate into the English speaking forums perhaps with their own sub-forums!

Hey, you said something nice for a change.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles

It seems @Daxeno has no interest in helping others to communicate on this forum, @MrConway @Crysantos can you explain why your moderator @Daxeno is deleting commendable comments?

[DSPA]
Players
491 posts
3,506 battles

It all costs money.

But in the case of the Spanish part. It's a little bit strange that the EU didn't do a co-op with NA. NA still has their Spanish forum. The extra cost would have been minimal.

• Cool 5

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
24 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

It all costs money.

But in the case of the Spanish part. It's a little bit strange that the EU didn't do a co-op with NA. NA still has their Spanish forum. The extra cost would have been minimal.

Well, they cant even give us the same "collectors club" as the RU region, so, no surprise really.

As a spanish native, living in spain, could not care less...

If in 2018 you are a gamer that can not comunicate in english, you have bigger issues than a particular game not catering for your specific language.

• Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Well, they cant even give us the came "collectors club" as the RU region, so, no surprise really.

If in 2018 you are a gamer that can not comunicate in english, you have bigger issues than a particular game not catering for your specific language.

What about the other gamers who cant speak English but have their own language forums, e.g. French, German and Italians. Are you saying they should not have their own forums and should speak English?

Not everyone enjoys the luxury of being fluent in English and because of that they should be left out? I don't agree with that sentiment not in the slightest. Communities are open places not closed off leper colonies.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,812 posts
12,610 battles
36 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

It all costs money.

Well cooperation doesn't really work if it's a split forum, we also don't have a Spanish CM or moderators - so it's not that easy, unfortunately.

We had full support for Spanish up until this March, but unfortunately that despite this we didn't see a good development of growth for the Spanish community. We decided to focus on supporting the game client with full translations - and ramp up our support for the core languages. We're always trying to include and support as many languages as possible but we also have to be realistic about where to spend our budget to support as many players as possible. We do help where we can - for example regional tournaments (we had a Portuguese tournament in September, a Spanish tournament in October / November) and still have Spanish contributors.

@___V_E_N_O_M___: I understand your point of view, but that would be true for basically any spoken language in Europe. We do fully support the game itself in Spanish and our customer support is also providing full support - for a full dedicated community management for that language we simply need a bigger Spanish playerbase.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Bad 1

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Well cooperation doesn't really work if it's a split forum, we also don't have a Spanish CM or moderators - so it's not that easy, unfortunately.

We had full support for Spanish up until this March, but unfortunately that despite this we didn't see a good development of growth for the Spanish community. We decided to focus on supporting the game client with full translations - and ramp up our support for the core languages. We're always trying to include and support as many languages as possible but we also have to be realistic about where to spend our budget to support as many players as possible. We do help where we can - for example regional tournaments (we had a Portuguese tournament in September, a Spanish tournament in October / November) and still have Spanish contributors.

@___V_E_N_O_M___: I understand your point of view, but that would be true for basically any spoken language in Europe. We do fully support the game itself in Spanish and our customer support is also providing full support - for a full dedicated community management for that language we simply need a bigger Spanish playerbase.

Greetings, Crysantos

I understand @Crysantos and thanks for your response. I guess the main point I was trying to make here is that players who don't speak English come onto the forum and don't have any where to ask questions. Hence you get a lot of threads pop up in the English Forum with Spanish players asking questions in Spanish because the Spanish forum is closed!

When they do post their threads in the English forums, the threads are just filled with trolling abuse and nonsensical replies from English-speaking players who have as much intellect as a plank of wood.

This negative response is not what players are looking for and thus they may feel rejected or not welcome because they cant express themselves in English.

Maybe you don't have the budget to bankroll a full-time community manager for a Spanish forum because the player-base is smaller but you could at least find some Spanish moderators that will moderate the forum for free. That way they will have a place to go.

I can only imagine the number of players you lose each day because of the lack of support. Your content maybe translated into Spanish fine, but players need a place to communicate with others.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles

We can play a waiting game. Once Spanish-speakers become the majority in the USA I guess things will be different!

Then we have ourselves a fiesta!:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

We can play a waiting game. Once Spanish-speakers become the majority in the USA I guess things will be different!

Then we have ourselves a fiesta!:Smile_trollface:

That could be happening soon, lol.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

we also don't have a Spanish CM or moderators

You could easily find a  Spanish/English Bi-Lingual Forumite that would be interested in filling this role, Really?  

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,812 posts
12,610 battles
7 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Must be impossible to find a  Spanish/English Bi-Lingual Forumite that would be interested in filling this role, Really?  

As Community Manager, yes - because we don't have that position in our team here in Prague.

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I understand @Crysantos and thanks for your response. I guess the main point I was trying to make here is that players who don't speak English come onto the forum and don't have any where to ask questions. Hence you get a lot of threads pop up in the English Forum with Spanish players asking questions in Spanish because the Spanish forum is closed!

When they do post their threads in the English forums, the threads are just filled with trolling abuse and nonsensical replies from English-speaking players who have as much intellect as a plank of wood.

This negative response is not what players are looking for and thus they may feel rejected or not welcome because they cant express themselves in English.

Maybe you don't have the budget to bankroll a full-time community manager for a Spanish forum because the player-base is smaller but you could at least find some Spanish moderators that will moderate the forum for free. That way they will have a place to go.

I can only imagine the number of players you lose each day because of the lack of support. Your content maybe translated into Spanish fine, but players need a place to communicate with others.

If you see that kind of trolling, please report it - we don't want to see this kind of trolling, agreed.

Maybe we can do this in the future but I can't make any promises right now. I know the ES community is quite active on other platforms like Facebook groups - here on the official forums we couldn't really deliver official support because nobody in my team speaks Spanish - so we also want to manage these expectations.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Bad 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles
44 minutes ago, SilviettaG said:

Hello guys,

I cleaned this thread.

Please avoid discussions about the moderation. Thank you!

Have a nice evening! :Smile_bajan2:

We noticed, so we can only comment as long as it says how brilliant you are at WG, is that it? No more Mr Nice-guy from me then.

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles
3 hours ago, Juanx said:

Well, they cant even give us the same "collectors club" as the RU region, so, no surprise really.

100% agree

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,812 posts
12,610 battles
4 minutes ago, iJoby said:

We noticed, so we can only comment as long as it says how brilliant you are at WG, is that it? No more Mr Nice-guy from me then.

No, we want to have constructive discussions and you are always welcome to voice concerns as long as you do this is in a respectful, constructive way.

Discussions about moderation in general are okay, when it comes to moderation issues about particular cases you can always contact your regional Community Managers and we will look into it. If we would only want to see praise, we would not talk about this topic here with you and try to explain our reasoning. I hope you can understand that.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles
10 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

No, we want to have constructive discussions and you are always welcome to voice concerns as long as you do this is in a respectful, constructive way.

Discussions about moderation in general are okay, when it comes to moderation issues about particular cases you can always contact your regional Community Managers and we will look into it. If we would only want to see praise, we would not talk about this topic here with you and try to explain our reasoning. I hope you can understand that.

Greetings, Crysantos

My comments were constructive, check your logs, But were quickly deleted by one of your mods, for no reason what so ever, no reason for deletion. Check the chat logs.

This is why I never play competitive or part with money any more for this game, too many cooks, not enough chefs, you employ moderators that click the "delete" button before they read the whole sections of comments. Pathetic.

EDIT: And my comments had nothing to do with moderation, until 1 was deleted. Check chat Logs.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,812 posts
12,610 battles
3 minutes ago, iJoby said:

My comments were constructive, check your logs, But were quickly deleted by one of your mods, for no reason what so ever, no reason for deletion. Check the chat logs.

This is why I never play competitive or part with money any more for this game, too many cooks, not enough chefs, you employ moderators that click the "delete" button before they read the whole sections of comments. Pathetic.

I will check this and address it if that is the case. We will also make some changes in moderation soon ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

Sign in to follow this