You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

Automated Indian captain talk

33 comments in this topic

Players
643 posts
6,666 battles

I logged in and played a game and wondered wtf is going on with automated messages. They all sound like an Indian call centre has been paid to announce everything on the B command wheel.

Why and how did this happen, and how can we get rid of Apu?

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,818 battles

What ship was you playing when you got these messages?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Ah the smell of racism, so nice in the morning.

Why is so many people looking for forum bans nowadays? Is it christmas?

• Bad 2

Players
643 posts
6,666 battles
13 hours ago, Juanx said:

It's not christmas for another 7 days so let's leave that out of anything.

There's nothing rascist in asking why something has changed from something that kinda sounded ok to something that sounds fake and even more computerised than before.

• Boring 1

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
13 hours ago, Juanx said:

Is it the actual topic you have an issue with or just the way the topic was presented? Is it racist to dislike a specific tone of voice which in this case is best described as an Indian call centre voice or is it racist to describe that tone of voice as an Indian call centre voice?

If it's racist to describe the Indian call centre voice as an Indian call centre voice how would you have described it? Bear in mind that we have to get the point across to a lot of people here so we have to be as descriptive as possible without being what you would call racist.

If it's racist to dislike a specific tone of voice, well mate, I don't know what to say to you. Maybe you should get out more.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
643 posts
6,666 battles
2 hours ago, Caughtintherain said:

Is it the actual topic you have an issue with or just the way the topic was presented? Is it racist to dislike a specific tone of voice which in this case is best described as an Indian call centre voice or is it racist to describe that tone of voice as an Indian call centre voice?

If it's racist to describe the Indian call centre voice as an Indian call centre voice how would you have described it? Bear in mind that we have to get the point across to a lot of people here so we have to be as descriptive as possible without being what you would call racist.

If it's racist to dislike a specific tone of voice, well mate, I don't know what to say to you. Maybe you should get out more.

Stop drinking and go to bed.

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

I could understand when you hear russian when you use a Dasha captain, but indian?

I have no clue why this happen, maybe another "special" captain?

Players
64 posts
8,411 battles
20 hours ago, Juanx said:

I find your suggestion that someone sounding Indian equals racism extremely disturbing. Says a lot about you Juan.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

I find your suggestion that someone sounding Indian equals racism extremely disturbing. Says a lot about you Juan.

Erm, dont worry, your thin skin will most likely take it.

How is me pointing out that anyone complaining about how anyone else sounds might be racist, equates Im racist, you special snowflakes really like projecting.

Ah, nothing new, WG has been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for too long...

And yes, says a lot about me when I point racism out and get called racist, oh wait.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
6 minutes ago, Juanx said:

And yes, says a lot about me when I point racism out and get called racist, oh wait.

What's racist about it though? I think you're crying racism where none exists but if you explain exactly how anything in this thread is racist I'll gladly concede the point.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[IRON7]
Players
230 posts
1,182 battles

Yes, this is Wargaming's Indian Tech Support, how can we help you? :Smile_teethhappy:

On a more serious note, however:

1: Which ship were you playing when you experienced this.

2: Is it just that ship or every ship in your port.

3: What does your voice message settings tab look like? (There's quite a few options after all.)

[BS4]
Players
1,102 posts
6,212 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 1:23 AM, DB2212 said:

I logged in and played a game and wondered wtf is going on with automated messages. They all sound like an Indian call centre has been paid to announce everything on the B command wheel.

Why and how did this happen, and how can we get rid of Apu?

I'm sorry but I would actually like this indian call centre acent on my ships please....

I want to hear it say "action stations "

"Requesting assistance" and the "liver bellied squid " one  because keeping a strait face whilst this is being blurted out radomly would be a fun challenge.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,444 battles
5 hours ago, Juanx said:

Erm, dont worry, your thin skin will most likely take it.

How is me pointing out that anyone complaining about how anyone else sounds might be racist, equates Im racist, you special snowflakes really like projecting.

Ah, nothing new, WG has been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for too long...

Its not racist be quiet.

• Boring 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,117 posts
4,608 battles

Hahaha here in Holland we have a wave of 'telephone harassment' where some 'indian accent'

tries to convince you there is something wrong with the PC Windows and you should give him access to it.

Of course I tell him something about his sister and then hang up the phone, but well. 

I can't imagine somebody to be as stupid to believe them and actually do it.

Maybe these guys are out of a job and found a new one at WG? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,552 posts
5,920 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 12:17 PM, Juanx said:

Racism
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior or the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

When you casually throw around a word like "racism" so incorrectly it takes away the power the word 'should' have, leaving you looking like the little boy who cries Wolf. So when a genuinely racist person posts, your cries of "racism" will be ignored as just another 'Jaunx' episode by the majority who see you post it's incorrect use so often and allowing that racist behaviour to go unpunished.
  • Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,444 battles
16 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Racism
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior or the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

When you casually throw around a word like "racism" so incorrectly it takes away the power the word 'should' have, leaving you looking like the little boy who cries Wolf. So when a genuinely racist person posts, your cries of "racism" will be ignored as just another 'Jaunx' episode by the majority who see you post it's incorrect use so often and allowing that racist behaviour to go unpunished.

Ignore him all he wants is for you to react to him, ignore him and all will be well. The whole point of his persona is to exist as a malevolence on this forum, creating negative reactions wherever possible. I have figured him out anyway feeding off controversy and reactions is his only MO. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

PS. Indian is not even a race, so I don't know what this crap about racism is.

• Cool 3

Players
1,675 posts
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hahaha here in Holland we have a wave of 'telephone harassment' where some 'indian accent'

tries to convince you there is something wrong with the PC Windows and you should give him access to it.

Of course I tell him something about his sister and then hang up the phone, but well. 

I can't imagine somebody to be as stupid to believe them and actually do it.

Maybe these guys are out of a job and found a new one at WG? :Smile_trollface:

As I understand it, they creep up in Google search and get their victims that way. (Now I remember, that was the case for them pretending to be Norton support...)

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,117 posts
4,608 battles
2 hours ago, Kenliero said:

PS. Indian is not even a race, so I don't know what this crap about racism is.

It is the new 'winning argument' thing. Next one is going to be about the environment.

In the old days, they used to say '...and you smell'. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
643 posts
6,666 battles

Ok, to briefly summarise.

1: Something changed for me and I am not a fan of the change.
2: It appears that no one else has experienced this change.
3: It appears that not liking this change is rascist, or some folk think it's rascist. But they're wrong.

Can a Mod close this please and end this nonsense. Any suggestions why something has changed for me only would be appreciated.

Players
643 posts
6,666 battles
11 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

On a more serious note, however:

1: Which ship were you playing when you experienced this.

2: Is it just that ship or every ship in your port.

3: What does your voice message settings tab look like? (There's quite a few options after all.)

This happens on ships of all nations, or whatever nations I've played recently.

shot-18.12.18_22.24.30-0186.jpg