Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Strijkijzertje

Sealclubbers ahoy

35 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
90 battles

Just wondering...

Taking my first babysteps in WOWS I noticed playing in tier 1 random battles many opponents are very experienced players with > 10.000 battles.

How much joy is it playing against captains with a 1pt captain and zero experience with your (probably) 19pt captain I wonder.

It's like a professional soccer team playing against 12 year old kids.

I would like to play against equal experienced players and learn from my mistakes... not very possible if I mostly get shot by a opponent with experience in tier 10 battles in the first few minutes of the game.

For me it takes the fun away playing random battles. Probably their stats are so important, and they are so bad playing in higher tiers, that they have to raise their stats in tier 1 / 2 battles.

It would be nice if the matchmaker put those players in tier 1 games with all sealclubbers.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
22 minutes ago, Strijkijzertje said:

Just wondering...

Taking my first babysteps in WOWS I noticed playing in tier 1 random battles many opponents are very experienced players with > 10.000 battles.

How much joy is it playing against captains with a 1pt captain and zero experience with your (probably) 19pt captain I wonder.

I would like to play against equal experienced players and learn from my mistakes... not very possible if I mostly get shot by a opponent with experience in tier 10 battles in the first few minutes of the game.

For me it takes the fun away playing random battles. Probably their stats are so important, and they are so bad playing in higher tiers, that they have to raise their stats in tier 1 / 2 battles.

It would be nice if the matchmaker put those players in tier 1 games with all sealclubbers.

If you spot someone with 10k battles on T1, I can assure you it is not a great player...

You are not going to learn anything down there as well.

Getting to T3-4 is very easy and doesn't take much time. Those ones, also teach you much more about the game, than T1.

And remember that you can easily skip lowest tiers just by playing Co-op instead. It takes literally few games to get to T3.

• Cool 9

Players
3,577 posts
7,342 battles
22 minutes ago, Strijkijzertje said:

Just wondering...

Thankfully World of Tanks and War Thunder are free of veteran players visiting lowtiers... oh wait...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
192 posts
5,515 battles

You should be in protected matchmaking until you reach Account Level 12.

IIRC you have 120 seconds to find at least one other player of the same ship class and tier; AI bots will populate the rest of the roster.

At times of low server population it can be difficult to get a match in protected matchmaking, and after a time you enter the general queue.

If that is happening the best advice is to quit the queue and try again until you get a match in protected matchmaking in a timely manner.

WG could help by extending the maximum time for protected matchmaking, but I guess it's a compromise so that you're not waiting for too long to fight.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles

Perfect example of WGs "lets let them level up faster"!

Newbie protection covers you till you are acc lvl 11 (or was it 12?) or you play your 1st t5 game (whichever comes 1st). This boi has 52 battles played and is lvl 12 already. Newbie protection working as intended :fish_palm:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts
1 hour ago, Strijkijzertje said:

Just wondering...

Does a reroll count as a sealclubber aswell? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

I wonder how you meet that many of such players...

The next question would be why would you spend any meaningful time on that Tier?

The most games I played on Tier I were in Hermelin and Orlan with 3 battles each and these battles are from a time were Tier I ships were quite powerful and could take on Tier II ships.

• Cool 1

[OP]
Beta Tester
316 posts
2,811 battles

Tier 1 is kinda like the dark web. It is a place you like'd to avoid when you don't have the protective match making anymore.
It is an area I'd like to avoid, even with 8k games.

• Funny 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,992 posts
25,650 battles
1 hour ago, Strijkijzertje said:

Bro, it's kinda obvious you are a re-roll player, doesn't that make you a seal clubber too., 1st account on NA and starting up an EU account,  and soccer, did you mean football?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,591 battles

I spend most of my time in tier 5 because maps are small, there aren't nasty cheater ships with defensive AA and there aren't impossible strafes either (of those where you strafe enemy planes, They are fully in the path of the strafe, and only one or maybe two are shoot down. But if the enemy does it all your planes are whiped out. Or 0 stun out of a strafe where it is totally impossible for me to do that).

Also in high tier non cv battles everybody camps from very far away. And if you try to push you will meet with a rain of shoots, no support, and dirty coward dds hiding in smoke screen and burning you to death.
None of that makes the game fun (And camping it's very boring to me). Sure, people would say "learn to git gud" but the primary reason to play ANY game it's that it should be fun. And none of all those things are fun at all.

Perhaps those people which plays tier 1 finds their fun there. Small maps, no weird crap, no camping, no smoke screen, and no other reason to play higher tiers either (I didn't bothered in learning high tier cv battles because they are banned from clan wars and any other stuff... Not that I mind clan wars at this point, I just gave up any kind of cooperation)

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,550 posts
6,274 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I wonder how you meet that many of such players...

The next question would be why would you spend any meaningful time on that Tier?

The most games I played on Tier I were in Hermelin and Orlan with 3 battles each and these battles are from a time were Tier I ships were quite powerful and could take on Tier II ships.

I can answer that.

the battles are piling in and the credits too, but how the hell I can get the next ship?

yeah, took me a while to figure that out.

• Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
1,208 posts
15,028 battles
1 hour ago, iJoby said:

1st account on NA and starting up an EU account, 

i wouldnt call that a re-roll of your ping and connection to NA server is just to bad to play like ping spikes and frequent disconnects as in my case , i spared myself the missery and migrated to EU server

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
2 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

i wouldnt call that a re-roll of your ping and connection to NA server is just to bad to play like ping spikes and frequent disconnects as in my case , i spared myself the missery and migrated to EU server

Still, if an experienced player starts a new account (or even a new line), plays more than a couple t1 mattches and goes to the Forum ranting about sealclubbers (without mentioning what he himself is doing at that tier but - instead - claiming to be "taking babysteps in WoWs")... it does sound a bit hypocritical, won't you agree?

DISCLAIMER: I didn't try to stalk OP, I have no idea about his alleged re-rolling, other server accounts or the amount of t1 battles he's played on EU.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,550 posts
6,274 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is not his problem, obviously.

Well, just saying :Smile_facepalm:

it could be clearer , how did I suppose to know with a dozen battles in my belt that I had to go to the tech tree (I went there a couple of times)and saw nothing.

One day by mistake I pick one ship of the tree, it wasn't the one I wanted and I look to the captain square and see a research ship button and I clicked there and all fell into place... finally. 

Do you know how many times I clicked in that captain? Only to see the skill points?

Another welcome change is in the skill points board, now they block the skills that are impossible to have with a determinate ship.

yeap, my black swan captain had the skill that normally smoke ships have. That was me.:Smile_hiding:

In description said something that will give you one more consumable like smoke, yes please I want smoke in my black swan:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_amazed::Smile_hiding:

But yeap, I saw many people with t10 ships there.

Man, I almost went :crab:

Players
406 posts
4,215 battles
4 hours ago, iJoby said:

Bro, it's kinda obvious you are a re-roll player, doesn't that make you a seal clubber too., 1st account on NA and starting up an EU account,  and soccer, did you mean football?

oh look, an edgiboy whining about what someone calls a sport. oh the humanity...

• Boring 3

Beta Tester
3,907 posts
13,842 battles

What? Who? How?

Thought I heard my name called, but now I see this is about T1 Competitve Play and I do all my sealclubbing educating of new players on T2 and above... Maybe I should get me a T1 too and have a look to see if it's even more fun down there in the vault...

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

For me I always appreciate getting to face some experienced players when I'm learning a new game.

You can practice aiming and sailing in any battle, but you're not going to learn much about ship v ship combat if you're only facing players as fresh as you. You'll be facing more experienced players soon enough, so why not learn how they play instead of learning how inexperienced players play.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
192 posts
5,515 battles

What I don't understand is how OP got to account level 12, when protected MM ends, so quickly.

It requires at least 42,000XP after modifiers.

I took OP at face value and replied to a new player taking baby steps who had inadvertently entered the general queue, but that is not actually the case.

OP has enough knowledge to look up player's stats, to know about 19-point captains, and tier 10. After 50 battles. His post is basically bullcrap.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles
7 hours ago, mrk421 said:

the OP seems to have suspiciously disappeared...

FoolhardyCompleteDodo-max-1mb.gif

• Funny 3

[10GO]
Players
357 posts
9,560 battles
8 hours ago, respect_my_slavspace said:

I do have a 6 point anime captain on the black swan and the hashidate for the occasional excursion into t1 land. Guilty as charged.

15 Points survivabilty expert and adv firing training Orlan Captain...........Then you get into a match and the opponent has 3k Avg battles and you be like:

giphy.gif.52162d6f9478613a8c61b9a3ef3de87a.gif

Yes and sometimes i play t1 to introduce a friend to the game ;)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this