You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cookiemonster66

Xmas crates nerfed and reward basis has been changed

76 comments in this topic

Players
78 posts
6,708 battles

Just watched tech deals Youtube video channel where he opened 240 ish xmas crates, the notes for the crates event states that if you have a ship that drops, the RNG generator will reroll and give you a ship you don't have in port, do not buy these crates expecting that to happen, Tech deals received 11 duplicate ships none of which rerolled for a ship he did not already have in port, simply giving him the gold value of the ship, all i might add were t6 and below. Do not buy these crates expecting to pick up a missouri or musashi if these are the only ships you missing for example. WG appear to have pulled the old sneaky switcharoo and changed the way the crates deliver. I was sitting here about to take the plunge I'm so glad i watched the crates being opened on Tech deals youtube channel before i cracked open the credit card, i'm short a couple of t6 dd and a few 7 and 8 so for me WG's pre sneaky nerf of the crates (if thats what WG have done) would have given me ships like missouri, roma or ashitaka, some of the ships i am missing.

Maybe your missing many ships so any ship drop is good in that case it may still be a good deal tho the ships like krasny krym and monaghan seem to be the bulk of the ships now appearing in crates. If like me you were thinking of purchasing crates based on receiving ships you don't have i would now wait until it becomes clear from WG that what the xmas crates were supposed to provide still applies. Because it appears WG have secretly changed the crate mechanics. Now no reroll for a ship not in port just a t5/6 ship replaced by gold.

WG clarify what is happening, Why are the ships not being rerolled for a ship not present in the port. If it's a glitch fix it if you have changed it then surely your selling these things based on false advertising and cheating cash paying customers out of hard earned cash. Suprised by this shady practice from WG "if" they have changed the crate mechanics...No not at all suprised.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,853 battles

There are two categories of ships that you can get. Normal, and rare. If the crate gives you a normal ship, it will only reroll to other normal ships. You need to roll a rare ship to be able to reroll to other rare ships.

And dont buy a single crate expecting to get exactly the ship that you want, or even any ship at all, it is pure gambling and simply stupid. It doesn't matter if you buy one crate or 1000, you are still not guaranteed to get anything useful.

• Cool 8

[NWP]
Players
3,995 posts
6,038 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

it is pure gambling and simply stupid.

So the perfect logic for average WoWs joe:cap_money:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,822 posts
7,557 battles

From the streams I seen ...every second ship being dropped  is Krasny Krim.

So yeah ... im not falling for this. I rather get myself some "smoking treats" for the value and enjoy Xmass the proper way ;)

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,404 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, cookiemonster66 sagte:

Just watched tech deals Youtube video channel where he opened 240 ish xmas crates, the notes for the crates event states that if you have a ship that drops, the RNG generator will reroll and give you a ship you don't have in port, do not buy these crates expecting that to happen, Tech deals received 11 duplicate ships none of which rerolled for a ship he did not already have in port, simply giving him the gold value of the ship, all i might add were t6 and below.

and you watched the opening until the end and those "missing" ship did not show up later?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

WG changed the rare tank drops in WoT also. You can now get duplicates instead of a reroll to a different Premium.

Although I haven't encountered that here. Even if all the Prems I won were somewhat sucky. 

Kind of poor from WG as people spend huge amounts on loot boxes as it s without being messed around by duplicates they've paid a lot of money for. Oh well gambling indeed :cap_money:

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,404 posts

the issue might be quite simple:

- the content of container is set when the caonteiner is delivered

- container are opened in the reverse order, the last delivered is opened first

So if there is only ship missing for you and the first delivered container is a ship draw, this ship will be the missing one. But this specific container is the last to be opened, so for any other "ship draw" while opening the other containers you will get doubloons, because the "system" already knows that the missing ship is in one of the containerns waiting to be found, although it wasn't credited to your account yet (except you will draw the missing one again)...

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

- the content of container is set when the container is delivered

That would be correct, as per, containers contents are set the moment you draw them, not on opening.

[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
7,031 battles

The OP is correct, I went and watched the video in question. It would seem that WG has indeed changed the award logic in the middle of the sale and without notice which would be deplorable in my view if proven to be the case. 

What I don't get is the following though, in the video he draws a Roma from a normal container, then he immediately proceeds to draw a supercontainer with an Okhotnik inside which is then converted to doubloons (bottom right). 

So it seems that the re-roll is still working by virtue of the fact that he got a supercontainer and not a normal santa crate, albeit the re-roll gives you a ship that you already have. What gives? 

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,025 battles
1 hour ago, cookiemonster66 said:

he opened 240 ish xmas crates

And people watched this stream? I watched a kettle boil once, life was dull during this period of my life.

XFHosN.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
8 minutes ago, iJoby said:

And people watched this stream? I watched a kettle boil once, life was dull during this period of my life.

XFHosN.gif

Give me back my kettle! :Smile_izmena:

I like the gif btw.

On topic. Are you OP saying WG did something outside their own rules?

WOW(s)

That's a new... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,361 posts
11,035 battles
1 hour ago, cookiemonster66 said:

Just watched tech deals Youtube video channel where he opened 240 ish xmas crates, the notes for the crates event states that if you have a ship that drops, the RNG generator will reroll and give you a ship you don't have in port, do not buy these crates expecting that to happen, Tech deals received 11 duplicate ships none of which rerolled for a ship he did not already have in port, simply giving him the gold value of the ship, all i might add were t6 and below. Do not buy these crates expecting to pick up a missouri or musashi if these are the only ships you missing for example. WG appear to have pulled the old sneaky switcharoo and changed the way the crates deliver. I was sitting here about to take the plunge I'm so glad i watched the crates being opened on Tech deals youtube channel before i cracked open the credit card, i'm short a couple of t6 dd and a few 7 and 8 so for me WG's pre sneaky nerf of the crates (if thats what WG have done) would have given me ships like missouri, roma or ashitaka, some of the ships i am missing.

Maybe your missing many ships so any ship drop is good in that case it may still be a good deal tho the ships like krasny krym and monaghan seem to be the bulk of the ships now appearing in crates. If like me you were thinking of purchasing crates based on receiving ships you don't have i would now wait until it becomes clear from WG that what the xmas crates were supposed to provide still applies. Because it appears WG have secretly changed the crate mechanics. Now no reroll for a ship not in port just a t5/6 ship replaced by gold.

WG clarify what is happening, Why are the ships not being rerolled for a ship not present in the port. If it's a glitch fix it if you have changed it then surely your selling these things based on false advertising and cheating cash paying customers out of hard earned cash. Suprised by this shady practice from WG "if" they have changed the crate mechanics...No not at all suprised.

They changed nothing. Some people do not understand the system.

Do not stack crates and open them! That was even said by WG employees.

• Cool 1

Players
721 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So a slightly better way would be too open one per day?

[CATS]
Players
15,361 posts
11,035 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

So a slightly better way would be too open one per day?

The best way (for winchance, not winchance/€) would be to buy one Mega Gift, open it, buy the next one, so on.

Players
1,278 posts
9,735 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, cookiemonster66 sagte:

Just watched tech deals Youtube video channel where he opened 240 ish xmas crates, the notes for the crates event states that if you have a ship that drops, the RNG generator will reroll and give you a ship you don't have in port, do not buy these crates expecting that to happen, Tech deals received 11 duplicate ships none of which rerolled for a ship he did not already have in port, simply giving him the gold value of the ship, all i might add were t6 and below.

I have posted that three times on this forum, in different subforums. It also happened on Flambass and Jingles. You are only supposed to get doubloons if you already have all the ships on the list in your port, so it can't reroll to one you do not already have.

That said, up to now, my own 40 crates behaved exactly like WG said they would and gave me eight premiums, many from supercontainers, one of them a Giulio.

I really don't get why WG first allows this to happen, in public, on the CC's channels and streams, and then doesn't even put out any sort of statement or clarification.

Beta Tester
458 posts
1,793 battles
58 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

stack crates?

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles

Please learn to read...

2 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

why shouldnt you do that?

1 hour ago, Juanx said:

That would be correct, as per, containers contents are set the moment you draw them, not on opening.

Use common sense, your answer will be there.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
635 posts
3,659 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I rather get myself some "smoking treats" for the value and enjoy Xmass the proper way ;)

This and a good bottle of Whisky. 

I might treat myself and buy a premium ship straight out of the shop as a gift to myself for Christmas. So at least I'm guaranteed to get a ship I like. 

The only reason I would buy Christmas crates are for the signals and camo's. The frosty tir camo's from last year really helped me grind some lines. But idk if it is worth the money. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
458 posts
1,793 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

Please learn to read...

Use common sense, your answer will be there.

there's no advantage, but what's the disadvantage?  i hold onto it if there's a risk of premium time which i want to delay

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles
Just now, black_falcon120 said:

there's no advantage, but what's the disadvantage?  i hold onto it if there's a risk of premium time which i want to delay

Erm, there is no premium time in this years loot tables...

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles
Just now, black_falcon120 said:

not in these ones. but generally why shouldn't you?

Already explained, please learn to comprehend.