Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dbSham

This is cheating right?

32 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
5 posts
5,161 battles

Yes way. You (and your teammates) have no direct line of sight to him so you can't spot him but he can see you because his teammates spot you. Don't search that report button too diligently unless you wanna get laughed at.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,856 posts
4,587 battles

No, hes sitting behind the island unspotted since you dont have line of sight on him, and he is seeing you because other ships on his team are spotting you. You are horribly out of position.

Also, what possesed you to extinguish the first fire when you were getting he spammed? Always wait until the second or third fire.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,856 posts
4,587 battles
1 minute ago, dbSham said:

Alright, my bad then!

Got a bit surprised as a new player to be honest. 

You should change your ui settings to look like this:

This will show more information on the screen, such as ship names for starters. If you dont know the name of the ship you are fighting, you cant know her strengths or weaknesses

2018-12-16 02_02_56-Greenshot.jpg

• Cool 10

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,644 posts
8,205 battles

Also press the cogwheel at the minimap and set two options: The name of the ships and the last seen position. Beside that, make your minimap larger and add some transperancy

• Cool 8

Players
74 posts
8,669 battles

Well, welcome to Tier 5. From there on, you will have +2/-1 and +2/-2 matchmaking.

Means you will meet T7 ships (like the Atlanta) in your Kongo that will pretty much outclass T5s massively.

You are indeed very new, so don't be dicouraged yet.

At the moment you will feel overwhelmed by the Tier disparity, but it's certainly not impossible to put in your weight under these conditions as well.

Learn from your mistakes, research the strenght of the ships you might encounter, find helpful advice (for example on YT) and check the settings thiextar posted.

Good luck and welcome to Warships. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,091 posts
7,682 battles
6 minutes ago, dbSham said:

Alright, my bad then!

Got a bit surprised as a new player to be honest. 

Ahahahahahah.

As did I.

Was exactly like that the first  time I faced one ( at the time I didn't even knew what it was I was facing).

the only difference you were in a Kongo and I was in the cleve.

Atlanta has lofty fire arcs (and all US ships), so it can do that with no problem and has 4.5 km torpedoes.

But the guns are very fragile, very easy to knock out and they have short range +- 12/13 kms. or something like that.

you used your repair party too soon, you kept giving him your broadside, you should went bow in or bow out to give him the smallest target possible and exit his fire range.

Atlanta in the open (and you will get some, eventually) are hopeless, they are very squishy. They need cover.

Once you get to know them and how to counteract they are kind of meh outside that (what you experience).

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,387 battles

Naah, that's perfectly normal. Now these vids tho...

Spoiler

Should I have added the trollface emoji here? :thinking:

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles

Nice shots, but I've seen better. Long ago on Two Brothers I saw an enemy BB blind fire over the islands and sink a cruiser outright with two or three citadels. We were so shocked we thought someone had team killed him.

• Funny 4

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,816 battles

My first week (3 years ago), I thought Jingles was a cheat, I knew nothing about stealth fire.

All part of the learning process.

• Funny 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,919 battles

The real surprising things are those which hit you when you don't have this big "DETECTED!" sign active :cap_cool:

You can get hit in smoke, in cyclone, or just by assuming your position relative to terrain (using spotter plane or built-in X-mode...);

you can get hit by shell travelling many seconds after you became "invisible", or you can just get hit by a shell/torp which was aimed at somebody else. 

You can eat "preemptive" torpedo aimed at nobody specific. 

Or you can eat a shell shot just "totally randomly" - for example some weird guys like to shoot enemy spawn at the start of the game. 

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Your opening post triggered me at first. But very much kuddo's seeing the thread develop and seeing you open for suggestion and most important: learning. Something was seeing you and the HE spammer took advantage of that. In your clip you get undetected and "instantly" you see the HE spam getting less accurate and guessed. You got re spotted again when you blind fired back in frustration (which I very much probably would have done too in your case). Yet it was the wrong decision: it got you re-spotted so the spammer could resume. Next time be more trigger disciplined and try to get closer/ let the match develop and perhaps the spammer get spotted. And then let your Kongo guns lovingly retaliate their appreciation to the spammer.

Zoomed out: know that the spammers are behind the same islands in 99,9% of the cases on each map. Learn those spots by heart and work your way around it and blast them to the next game.

Zoomed more out: don't draw the "cheat card" until you have water proof evidence. Ask for advice here: so far it's always you, not cheating. I had once a match where I didn't understand what went wrong and the forum mates made it clear: I screwed up without knowing I did.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,362 posts
8,574 battles

There is a lot to understand in this game.   YouTube can be very useful.

I watch quite a few but iChaseGaming does some decent tutorials (some even get updated):  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDzvim_rx7l59Mv0xT-RNOA

Also Notser:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-c1d4QVKztu8_3f8VqMtKw

NoZoupForYou: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOCYzq23DV9JGpziuVhxzA

Mejash:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAZ25zYeNWAR-LLXVbq4WTg

4,897 posts
9,400 battles
5 hours ago, dbSham said:

Yeah, sorry again for overreacting!

At least I've learned a lot tonight, very much appreciated.

If you have discord, there's a community called "Help Me" that's dedicated to offering help and advice to new players (and players with thousands of battles that found out, they need to learn something)

• Cool 1

Players
1,473 posts
10,100 battles
7 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Or you can eat a shell shot just "totally randomly" - for example some weird guys like to shoot enemy spawn at the start of the game. 

When I first played Musashi I fired a blind shot at where I thought the enemy would spawn and received a marker for 3 hits and 1 citadel... for about 5 minutes of the game a red team player, probably the poor guy who got hit, kept telling our team we have a cheater in it..

------------------------------------------

@dbSham there isn't one player in the early days of their play who hasn't thought that an enemy action is a cheat or a hack.. myself included. As others have said you need to understand line of sight and positional factors in game, if one enemy ship can see you then all can shoot you. You were spotted by the enemy ship at 10.7km and so the Atlanta has a real easy time. Different ships have different trajectory's and so some Cruisers can sit safely behind the islands and burn you... ships with greater reload speeds burn your ship faster. The Atlanta could fire on you in safety and as you were open and alone you became the primary target.

The fact that you have come to the forum to ask advice from the more experienced members of the game means although you thought it was a cheat you were not sure..

At Tier 5 you're still learning..

I would recommend that if you have some free time research the ships that are within you range of play and eventually as you move up the tiers if you do this repeatedly you will be better able to outwit your opponent because you will have an idea of their capabilities..

Never be afraid to ask a question, there probably isn't a member here who would not also answer direct questions regarding game play and so you can always send a message to someone or ask via the forum post board... absorb the information and choose which is the right play style for you: Aggressive, Passive, Strategic, Supporting...

And finally, I am sure all forum members would concur with this, welcome to the WOW's club...:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[DUXTR]
Beta Tester
2 posts

@dbSham glad you're willing to learn something. some newbies think they know it all, learn nothing, don't get better and flame everywhere.

Like the others said, watch the streamers, learn the mechanics (so not everything is a cheat :D ) and you will become better.

And i experienced, playing with other mates (which are more experienced then you) also helps you because you can ask them things as they are happening, like in that case "how can that ship fire so fast and without being spotted".

I hope you have fun playing WoWs and that I see you some time in the future helping other newbies with their problems.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,147 posts
16,928 battles
18 hours ago, Rosletyne said:

Nice shots, but I've seen better. Long ago on Two Brothers I saw an enemy BB blind fire over the islands and sink a cruiser outright with two or three citadels. We were so shocked we thought someone had team killed him.

Had one of those on the Trap map (before it got reworked) seeing a cruiser disappearing behind the island north of B cap and sending out a volley into the blind, being rewarded with a citadel and a detonation of my target...

I immediately send a "Oops.. sorry..." out in chat to the poor fellow.. and he took it with style.

• Cool 1

Players
927 posts
8,486 battles

I remember shooting an enemy Kongo in a Kongo of my own but the guns hilariously missed the mark by literally a mile and i still got a citadel ribbon. Turns out there was a Karlsruhe hiding behind the Kongo... He was not used, i was... 

I love how peole accuse the forum community of being hostile and unhelpful but then you see them falling over each other to help anyone who shows the slightest willingness to learn. Doesnt seem hostile to me.. 

Beta Tester
4,147 posts
16,928 battles
5 hours ago, DJ_Die said:

I love how peole accuse the forum community of being hostile and unhelpful but then you see them falling over each other to help anyone who shows the slightest willingness to learn. Doesnt seem hostile to me.. 

Marked the important part for You ;)

Sign in to follow this