Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skye_Tank_Dog

WG get CV MM sorted

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
19 posts
6,841 battles

Why oh why do WG think its ok to face 2 CV's per side in a game at an tier?? Playing tier 4-7 your ship AA is most often than not poor so what have you to do. So many new players are coming up the tiers and get to tier 4 and meet the WOWs scum that is CV's.Wasting your time re-doing them is not going to change that allowing 2 CV's per side in a game is a terrible idea. Not even to mention if you get 2 seal clubbers playing in the enemy team with our own being newer players or lesser experienced.

Re- work it if you want but this needs to change as half my port (tiers 4-6) are sitting there gathering dust.

Fix now

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
4,484 posts
9,433 battles
16 minutes ago, Skye_Tank_Dog said:

Why oh why do WG think its ok to face 2 CV's per side in a game at an tier?? Playing tier 4-7 your ship AA is most often than not poor so what have you to do. So many new players are coming up the tiers and get to tier 4 and meet the WOWs scum that is CV's.Wasting your time re-doing them is not going to change that allowing 2 CV's per side in a game is a terrible idea. Not even to mention if you get 2 seal clubbers playing in the enemy team with our own being newer players or lesser experienced.

Re- work it if you want but this needs to change as half my port (tiers 4-6) are sitting there gathering dust.

Fix now

2 CVs would've been fine if both teams were significantly larger, but in these lower tiers 2x2 CV is just cancerous.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles

At t4 and t5 with manual drops CVs ability to drop anything is so pathetic that even those 2x CVs can't do much. Especially the US ones.

At t6 AA starts getting more serious (hello DefAA), and CVs have very small reserves for some very squishy planes. Even 2x CVs can get de-planed relatively easily

At t7 it's more questionable, especially due to what t7 MM typically looks like, but getting games of 2x t7 CVs seem to be extremely rare. Meanwhile a t7 + t6 CV game can be looked at as a simple 1x t7 CV game due to how outclassed the t6 will be (same goes for t6 + t5)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,600 posts
16,720 battles
7 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

2 CVs would've been fine if both teams were significantly larger, but in these lower tiers 2x2 CV is just cancerous.

I fail to see why tbh. Low tier CVs aren't a threat to anyone who can WASD since they can't manual drop.

The only adjustments I would make is that T5 can't meet T6 (for obvious reasons) and the 1 CV per team limitation extended down to T7.

T6 CVs are in this weird spot where they are pretty powerful when top tier but completely garbage when mid or low tier due to huge power jumps in AA along with extremely low reserves. That can only be solved by rebalancing AA - aircraft interaction entirely and making their progression smooth out, something that has been asked for for years yet has never happened and is never going to happen with the rework on the horizon.

That said, I'm not entirely opposed to reducing CVs to 2 per match even in low-mid tiers either if adjustments to them were made. Which again is never going to happen.

Players
1,289 posts
7,516 battles

I just love 2 vs 2 cv battles. It's even more intense when I have to deal with both enemy carriers by myself because our own cv it's afk or just plain ignorant.
However, not even all the upgraded AA can stop a focus attack from both enemy cvs at the same time. I fell down to these a few times, fortunately that rarely happens. Usually they just try to attack me in waves which I can defeat with an aceptable amount of damage.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

At t4 and t5 with manual drops CVs ability to drop anything is so pathetic that even those 2x CVs can't do much. Especially the US ones.

This would be the case if the average WoWs players weren't always busy huffing glue and actually pressed A or D every now and again. Or even Q or E if they swing that way.

• Funny 1

Players
1,289 posts
7,516 battles
18 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I disagree, at least with Zuiho...

shot-18_12.01_22_12.58-0666.thumb.jpg.a9677c6a501d8adca437e39969f2ee23.jpg

shot-18_12.03_00_08.59-0842.thumb.jpg.571462689922bc7f5b4f161eaddfd6da.jpg

shot-18_12.07_15_41.49-0117.thumb.jpg.0b16cbdc07cc0ef3540c0a53bd0f0e37.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this