You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Ships for T9 ranked

59 comments in this topic

[C-L-D]
Players
64 posts
2,599 battles
12 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Huh? T9 ranked? when? Where?

Anounced today:

As you might remember, in Update 0.7.9 we temporarily added the new "Arms Race" type of battle. Its format wasn't much different from Random Battles: we had the same 12 vs. 12 scenarios, along with domination points, 1000 of which earnt would completely destroy your opponents. But the Key Areas in this mode were trickier, appearing in random locations and at different times. Capturing them yielded not just points, but also battle bonuses for the capturing ship and their nearest allies. Some of these bonuses reduced the reload time and others reduced detectability, or even increased HP recovery. This is where the name "Arms Race" originated from, with teams fighting for the competitive advantage provided by these bonuses.

This type of battle returns in early 2019, and will become a part of new Ranked Battles. These battles will take place among teams of six players with Tier IX ships.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,564 posts
5,902 battles

Musashi sounds quite strong.

Alltho, im not too keen on Arms Race... maybe its better in ranked mode who knows? (hated it back then because of idiot teammates screwing you over)

But 6vs6 with musashi? Hell yeah, unless its a lot of DDs.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles

Oh this will be an unpopular opinion, but at least starting off for me it will be Izumo. Depending on how the season goes I may switch to Lion / Missouri / Chung Mu / Kron, but Izumo's definitely the 1st pick for me

[POI--]
Players
3,892 posts
5,016 battles
3 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Anounced today:

As you might remember, in Update 0.7.9 we temporarily added the new "Arms Race" type of battle. Its format wasn't much different from Random Battles: we had the same 12 vs. 12 scenarios, along with domination points, 1000 of which earnt would completely destroy your opponents. But the Key Areas in this mode were trickier, appearing in random locations and at different times. Capturing them yielded not just points, but also battle bonuses for the capturing ship and their nearest allies. Some of these bonuses reduced the reload time and others reduced detectability, or even increased HP recovery. This is where the name "Arms Race" originated from, with teams fighting for the competitive advantage provided by these bonuses.

This type of battle returns in early 2019, and will become a part of new Ranked Battles. These battles will take place among teams of six players with Tier IX ships.

Wait, so T9 Ranked will be like Arms Race? 

[AVRDM]
Players
1,400 posts
6,400 battles

I usually use the first ranks to farm some ship. So possibly I will play Neptune or Saint Louis. In rank 5 (if the known classical system is maintained), it will be necessary to take something of value such as Musashi or JB.

Players
97 posts
5,915 battles

If it's like normal ranked:

Musashi, Fletcher maybe Jutland if I have it by then. 

If it's like Arms Race? 

Tashkent. With buffs to stealth and reload it becomes hilarious fun. 

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

I did Sprint Ranked with Krappy Kreme, voted the worst ship for Ranked, together with Emerald. Which would be the worst tier 9 for Ranked?

Also, Ranked used to be spread on 2 tiers...

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,152 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

I did Sprint Ranked with Kitakaze, voted the worst ship for Ranked, together with Emerald. Which would be the worst tier 9 for Ranked?

Also, Ranked used to be spread on 2 tiers...

Kitakaze is T9, Emerald is T5 :cap_tea:

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
3 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Kitakaze is T9, Emerald is T5 :cap_tea:

Lol, right, it was KK aka Krappy Kreme... :Smile_facepalm:

Kitakaze also has 2 K... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,121 posts
5,069 battles

Kronstadt is likely a solid choice with her Radar 

Z-46 might be fine 

Will give my rusty Roon a chance 

What do you guys think about Udaloy?

Players
3,577 posts
7,342 battles
41 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Z-46 might be fine 

Lacks camo for cap contests, but delivers DFAA and 10+5 rather fast torps. For general gunboating you might be better with Tashkent

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,007 posts
8,067 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh this will be an unpopular opinion, but at least starting off for me it will be Izumo. Depending on how the season goes I may switch to Lion / Missouri / Chung Mu / Kron, but Izumo's definitely the 1st pick for me

Aah i see, its going to be like the T5 Krasny Krim challange?

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,007 posts
8,067 battles
59 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Z-46 might be fine 

Fletcher is the queen of T9 DDs by far, the only close competitor is the Fletcher-clone Chung Mu which can be strong with radar if you manage to get competent teammates.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,423 battles

Not to much exited about prospect of using Arms Race for Ranked. I don't think that would be a good idea. There is very little control of what you can get and once ships start collecting bonuses you can end being (almost) stealth radared by Missouri which is ridicules.

If I play T9 ranked, I would use what I have and that is, Fletcher, Chung Mu and Z-49. All of them have something good, Fletcher - DFAA, Chung Mu - Radar and Z-49 - 5km Hydro. All have good guns and good torps. I could train/get 19pts captain for all of them. Didn't keep a single T9 cruiser, have Missouri and probably will be able to buy by that time a JB or even Black. But I'm not BB fan and Black torps in competitive mode? Well I'll see what I'll do when season starts.

[SWTP]
Players
387 posts
6,474 battles

Mo or Musashi, but I suck with BBs, so probably Fletcher, radar Chung Mu, TRB Yogumo or Kitakaze for star saving, maybe z46 for hydro. Can't think of any CC and I do not have Kron.