You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LandlubberWookie_IRL

Battleships

73 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,643 posts
6,501 battles
8 minutes ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

How awesome it is to be set on fire every 10 seconds.....it is also equally awesome that a Battleship Bow on can be penetrated by everything......equally awesome watching Battleship shells bounce and shatter off cruisers........Battleship gameplay is a joke with no advantages.....a Battleship thanks to developers is now nothing to be feared just something to get damage points from...........Wargaming might want to look at Balancing Battleships........becasue nothing screams fun more than being set on fire every 10 seconds, watching your shells landing no where near where you aim and by the time you activate a repair party and health regeneration you have lost that same amount of health mostly from being penetrated by everything and set on fire again in the 10 to 15 seconds those modules are working..........I love Battleships made of wood.....should issue marshmallows to cruiser drivers.......really they are having a roast they might as well have a [edited]snack too!

There, there you don't have to be that frustrated, after the next patch (someone correct if I'm wrong) you no longer will cry about fires, and after that a new reign will start, one shot a bb time will came.

See, fires will get nerf, you better start crying about AP, AP will be the old HE. And they will drop on you up to four times in each wave.

Better start training how to swim faster.

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 4

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,433 posts
4,396 battles

A typical BBkevin, i love these guys when i play my asashio!

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,853 battles
1 hour ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

i like trains

I assume you are a one fire kinda guy?

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,995 posts
6,038 battles

If i leave CVs out of it i have:

- Highest avg dmg

- Highest Survivability

- Highest K/D

- Highest avg kills on par with Cruisers

- Highest avg plane kills (!)

- Highest WR

With BBs. In the meantime, avg cruiser tier is 7,3 while BB is only 6,5.

Clearly needs buffs :cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,585 posts
6,874 battles
3 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Battleship gameplay is a joke with no advantages

Plenty of advantages if you git gud

You should start with learning how to properly use dmg-control and heal. Here's an example:

• Cool 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,869 posts
14,215 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I'm rather certain that this very speshul individual does not want to git gud.

9l7bFRg.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,696 posts
7,358 battles
4 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

How awesome it is to be set on fire every 10 seconds.....it is also equally awesome that a Battleship Bow on can be penetrated by everything......equally awesome watching Battleship shells bounce and shatter off cruisers........Battleship gameplay is a joke with no advantages.....a Battleship thanks to developers is now nothing to be feared just something to get damage points from...........Wargaming might want to look at Balancing Battleships........becasue nothing screams fun more than being set on fire every 10 seconds, watching your shells landing no where near where you aim and by the time you activate a repair party and health regeneration you have lost that same amount of health mostly from being penetrated by everything and set on fire again in the 10 to 15 seconds those modules are working..........I love Battleships made of wood.....should issue marshmallows to cruiser drivers.......really they are having a roast they might as well have a [edited]snack too!

If Battleship gameplay is too hard for you play another class.

I don't like BB play (ironic since it seems to be my least unsuccessful class).  So I don't play it much.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
618 posts
10,039 battles

I watched the movie 'Sink the Bismark!' earlier. I'm convinced the Hood should have had been running an anti-detonation flag. Both the Prince of Wales and Bismark captains should have picked the Fire Prevention skill. Compliments to the Prince of Wales captain for disengaging for repairs. The Bismark captain should be reported for poor use of the Damage Control Party.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[NWP]
Players
1,837 posts
12,445 battles
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You should start with learning how to properly use dmg-control and heal. Here's an example:

lol, your team really wanted to lose that game. OP should look at this for some nice HE tanking.

That Tashkent was a pain in the ***. He got rewarded for it with Witherer and High Caliber, but his value as a DD slot was 0.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
822 posts
5,321 battles
10 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

.....it is also equally awesome that a Battleship Bow on can be penetrated by everything......equally awesome watching Battleship shells bounce and shatter off cruisers........Battleship gameplay is a joke with no advantages................Wargaming might want to look at Balancing Battleships

6QZ69ti.gif

Players
1,092 posts
7,357 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm rather certain that this very speshul individual does not want to git gud.

Actually, I was in a game with him the other day. He was in a Battleship and carried the team, so I'm not sure he needs to git gud. It is a silly thread though.

• Cool 1

[D_R_M]
Players
898 posts
15,665 battles

However, one thing that should be noted that avoiding this fate in a BB for most players means exactly imply adopting a playing style that make the CBT aspies complain about "camping BBS". 

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
355 posts
10,298 battles
1 minute ago, steviln said:

However, one thing that should be noted that avoiding this fate in a BB for most players means exactly imply adopting a playing style that make the CBT aspies complain about "camping BBS". 

There is a difference between sitting that far in the back so that you cannot hit crap anymore, and going close enough to draw fire and devastate ships and still being able to retreat for healing. Many players cannot manage fires, that is why they burn down.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles
17 minutes ago, steviln said:

Child's kid to internet debates : "if someone disagrees, he has a mental illness"

k

Well boy, do I have some bad news about your health...

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,938 posts
7,767 battles
11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

tv38JqD.jpg

to be more precise, we have this kind of thread from this specific dude nearly every week...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,995 posts
6,038 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You should start with learning how to properly use dmg-control and heal. Here's an example

95% of BBabies would have died to the torpedo hit with permaflooding after DCPing the first fire :cap_haloween:

Then go to forums: [edited]FIRE AND TORPS OP NERF111!!111

• Funny 1

[D_R_M]
Players
898 posts
15,665 battles
9 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

There is a difference between sitting that far in the back so that you cannot hit crap anymore, and going close enough to draw fire and devastate ships and still being able to retreat for healing. Many players cannot manage fires, that is why they burn down.

Yes, but my impression is that a lot of people cannot see the difference between keeping far enough back to be able to retreat and heal, and "camping". I am not any good at battleships really, but in my opinion battleship play have gotten easier and easier over time, while DD play have gotten more hard. The BBs right now have nothing to complain about. 

[D_R_M]
Players
898 posts
15,665 battles
9 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Well boy, do I have some bad news about your health...

I know my mental health have issues, but I am a certified non aspie. Have a habit of coming into conflict with aspies in real life. They cannot stand me for some reason. 

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,628 battles
10 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Actually, I was in a game with him the other day. He was in a Battleship and carried the team, so I'm not sure he needs to git gud. It is a silly thread though.

Carrying on a game means nothing. I've been able to carry a game with Lo Yang and still, I'm an average DD player...