You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

PSA - Steel Rat to be removed due to bug!

18 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,136 posts
2,239 battles

Captains!

It was discovered today that the Steel Rat ship (from Twilight Battle mode) has incorrect settings which result in extremely high XP earnings. To prevent excessive influence on the game's economy we have to remove this ship until the fix is ready. We will also have to investigate the impact of this bug, and will inform you if any other actions are required to reverse any damage done.

In the next few hours the Steel Rat will be removed from your accounts after you play a battle with her. When we have a working and tested solution, we will make Steel Rat available again. In the meantime, you're welcome to play Twilight Battles on other ships.

Have fun and please excuse us for any inconvenience.

Your World of Warships Team

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,222 posts
6,782 battles
35 minutes ago, MrConway said:

we have to remove this ship until the fix is ready

Ship together with the gamemde is going to be removed on the morning of 20th, what's the chance this "fix" will ever exist? :Smile_trollface:

37 minutes ago, MrConway said:

When we have a working and tested solution, we will make Steel Rat available again.

Well you have about 4 days and 5h to get to it lmao :Smile_veryhappy: Sounds like someone will be pulling some night shifts for a pointless reason

[RONIN]
Players
7 posts

What kind of compensation we should expect and whats the point to remove it just week before the end of twilight mode?

It's not players fault wg dev's team didn't test it before release, what a ignorance.

'It was discovered today that the Steel Rat ship (from Twilight Battle mode) has incorrect settings...' lol players discovered it for you and it WASN'T discovered today!

k971wyj1ma421.png

Players
19 posts
2,088 battles
9 hours ago, madmonk said:

whats the point to remove it just week before the end of twilight mode?

I played a game yesterday where 3 steel rats (I presume in a division) left the rest of their team and headed off into the filth. They were then able to keep each other alive using their special consumables until the time ran out and were, therefore, able to farm xp. They didn't win because we annihilated the rest of their depleted team but another of my team members said that people have been using this method to farm xp.

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Players
7 posts
14 minutes ago, Wardy_2018 said:

I played a game yesterday where 3 steel rats (I presume in a division) left the rest of their team and headed off into the filth. They were then able to keep each other alive using their special consumables until the time ran out and were, therefore, able to farm xp. They didn't win because we annihilated the rest of their depleted team but another of my team members said that people have been using this method to farm xp.

So you can feel happy and comfortable now, it doesn't look like that's going to happen anymore, good luck

• Bad 1

[FT-B]
Players
235 posts
2,642 battles

t was discovered today

Ekhm..i tell this one weak ago, on PL section . That SR have to much xp, even 6k base ..

And balance in this T, is just bad... Two rasputn+ 2 steel rat in one team..and enemy don't have XD

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,546 posts
6,270 battles
11 hours ago, madmonk said:

What kind of compensation we should expect and whats the point to remove it just week before the end of twilight mode?

It's not players fault wg dev's team didn't test it before release, what a ignorance.

'It was discovered today that the Steel Rat ship (from Twilight Battle mode) has incorrect settings...' lol players discovered it for you and it WASN'T discovered today!

k971wyj1ma421.png

I've seen higher numbers than those.

Players
24 posts
6,405 battles

It's really a shame on the Developers that this all happened and the dealing with it now is a really shady way (especially because the event is nearly over).

Several times befor the even gone live, they had much intel from Supertesters and PTS-Players, that this "gameplay" was possible. BaseXP-values of over 10k have been reported.

>>>> BUT THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT IT <<<<

Also I saw many STEELRAT-players, that didnt even push "u" for the team and obviously only use their "heal"-firerate to attack enemy ships. 

My suggestion to "deal with it" would have been, just to lower (maybe by 50%) the XP-generation-rate for healing with STEELRAT and not to kill the teamoriented gameplay for several players.

[WOWS]
Players
208 posts
12,144 battles

64af2f89a367a279.jpg

These kind of XPs /fxps happened..
As the story tells: 2 steelrat, and a rasputyin outside, in the filth..

• Funny 1

Players
2,339 posts
6,669 battles
7 hours ago, ledgeri said:

64af2f89a367a279.jpg

5m credits and 121k fxp?!? :Smile_amazed:

And this without even being able to mount any camos. Insane, this clearly should get rectified.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,940 posts
9,404 battles

Well I did notice 3k+ base XP games for Steel rats even on losses, but attributed that to the ship's heal being so freaking strong - great baance there with Rasputin's pitiful and useless heal. (Those Steel rats I saw were actually playing, not running off into the filth.)

But 9k base XP? Or (apparently) even way, way more? No clue that was happening. Well that'd be a T9 FreeXP ship in 6 battles or so...

[4-20]
Players
40 posts
15,643 battles
On 12/16/2018 at 10:06 AM, madmonk said:

So you can feel happy and comfortable now, it doesn't look like that's going to happen anymore, good luck

People abusing a bug, ...   sounds like cheating. 

Cheaters... sad.

therefore yeah, happy that rats have to go sniff another bin.

[PONYS]
Players
3,007 posts
12,646 battles
Am 16.12.2018 um 14:03, ledgeri sagte:

64af2f89a367a279.jpg

... per game ^^

Lol, in that case it feels legit. I was just wondering why it took soo long, till WG discovered that.

But well, its ok they removed the ship then.