Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tatsfield

Erratic clicking on aircraft selection buttons

2 comments in this topic

[EDAR]
Players
31 posts
5,647 battles

As a CV player I find that regardless of whether the aircraft selection button actually selects a squadron, it makes the same sound.  So if it doesn't actually work you still get an audible message which leads you to think it has.  This leaves you with the wrong squadron or perhaps the ship selected and when you click on the tactical map to send what you think is one squadron to a vector, the last thing you had selected takes the command.  I like to assemble all my attack aircraft to blitz isolated vessels and it takes a little fast selective clicking and adjusting to get them into a battle group and if the damn select keys don't work every time  it makes a real mess of my operation in real time.  It is also possible that the CV is accidentally left to sail off into danger.  CV operation is complex and like playing the piano under fire and having these keys work so poorly makes me a worse player than I already am!  If the key only gave an audible warning when it actually operated, it might draw my attention to the fact it hadn't worked but preferably I'd like the things to work when you click them.  Do any other CV players find this?  During battle the CV seems to get the blame for everything that goes wrong and it doesn't help if sometimes I make a bad play because of these keys.  I'm used to the insults but I am interested if others have noticed this problem and if WG can look at the way the buttons work.  Perhaps with the new CV evolution none of this will matter.

PS, if you feel you have to send insulting messages about my choice of vessel, my game play, CVs in general or any other offensive content, please don't. As a CV player,  I get enough of that during game play!  :Smile_hiding:

Players
1 post
8,447 battles

Worst-case scenario, consider it another layer in the "maintaining situational awareness" part of being a CV skipper.  I haven't noticed this issue myself, but I haven't been driving my CVs much lately because Real Life has been busy.

WG probably won't bother looking into this since they're planning on lowering the skill ceiling to something subterranean with the rework.

My favorite part of driving CVs is the complaints of folks who isolate themselves / don't support their team, then rage when I punish their mistake.  Tears make the ocean salty! :cap_popcorn:

Sign in to follow this