Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Chinese Whispers

27 comments in this topic

Players
784 posts
3,617 battles

I had heard from players that the Chinese Navy use WOWS as a training simulator for their sailors and that a few had met them in-game.

I took this to be hearsay til I discovered these Chinese clans, could it be true!?:

EDIT

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles

well.... i can confirm from a documentary on tv (german zdf, kinda reliable in such things lol ^^), in vladivostok pupils of russian naval academy do play wows in class for such purposes (sim, historic, ...).

... now, how is this related to wows gameplay?!

• Cool 2

Players
3,341 posts
5,806 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

i can confirm from a documentary on tv, in vladivostok pupils of russian naval academy do play wows in class for such purposes (sim, historic, ...).

BBC ?:Smile_trollface:

Some Naval cadets on board the Sedov actually play World of Tanks. But in their free time. Those that Ive asked never touched World of Warships tho.

Players
784 posts
3,617 battles
6 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

well.... i can confirm from a documentary on tv (german zdf, kinda reliable in such things lol ^^), in vladivostok pupils of russian naval academy do play wows in class for such purposes (sim, historic, ...).

... now, how is this related to wows gameplay?!

We could be going up against real life naval powers, something to consider. Also, if they are Chinese Navy they might be listening in on our discord chats.

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles

You won't learn crap from this game that is relevant for modern naval warfare. So, unlikely.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

BBC ?:Smile_trollface:

Some Naval cadets on board the Sedov actually play World of Tanks. But in their free time. Those that Ive asked never touched World of Warships tho.

nah. it's been just a few days ago, i think on zdfinfo. could've been phoenix as well. usually official german television is kinda reliable when it comes down to such things.

even more, in that regard, they visited the actual academy and wows was shown on screen while the teacher babbled something about "simulation in class, for historical and strategical purposes". seen it myself, didn't beleive it :D.

Players
3,341 posts
5,806 battles
4 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

nah. it's been just a few days ago, i think on zdfinfo. could've been phoenix as well. usually official german television is kinda reliable when it comes down to such things.

Ah, interesting. I do concider phoenix as a good and realiable source myself. ARTE is decent aswell. Would be interesting to find that - maybe its up on youtube?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Ah, interesting. I do concider phoenix as a good and realiable source myself. ARTE is decent aswell. Would be interesting to find that - maybe its up on youtube?

already watching out 4 it ;D.....

think its been in here:

on the 12th they had a russia day

edit (11:50):

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdfinfo-doku/wladiwostok-russlands-boomtown-am-pazifik-102.html

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles

found it, check link 1 post above (german language), from 11:50 on :Smile_honoring:.

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
16 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

already watching out 4 it ;D.....

think its been in here:

on the 12th they had a russia day

edit (11:50):

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdfinfo-doku/wladiwostok-russlands-boomtown-am-pazifik-102.html

"Aus rechtlichen Gründen kann dieser Beitrag nur in Deutschland gezeigt werden." :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles
11 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

"Aus rechtlichen Gründen kann dieser Beitrag nur in Deutschland gezeigt werden." :Smile_sad:

lol?! :D.... usually it goes the other way round ^^..... the one u see is a pupil of said academy. gotta trust me on that, i'm tired now of dealing with this ;P.

Z4cmSQp.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
3,341 posts
5,806 battles
10 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Yes, indeed. The other doku worked. bummer. thx for the efford tho, @MrWastee :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

We could be going up against real life naval powers, something to consider. Also, if they are Chinese Navy they might be listening in on our discord chats.

Dude, we could be playing against many of the games actual developers and still whippin their asses. The guy could be the admiral of the Chinese navy and still suck at this game, it means nothing. It might be simply a theme common to their vocation in life.

• Cool 1

Players
784 posts
3,617 battles

Sorry I dont buy it, I smell "red conspiracy".

Russians letting the Chinese Navy train on their naval simulator so they can figure out how best to sink western ships.

Dont take everything at face value sir, look behind the iron curtain. There is more to be seen!

Chinese Navy training on our server in elite clans, rise of stalinium shippower and now the announcement of russian bbs. Its all too coincidental to be an accident.

Something bigger than us is happening here. Why cant you see that.....

• Boring 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Russians letting the Chinese Navy train on their naval simulator so they can figure out how best to sink western ships.

Dont take everything at face value sir, look behind the iron curtain. There is more to be seen!

Chinese Navy training on our server,  rise of stalinium shippower and now the announcement of russian bbs. Its all too coincidental to be an accident.

4bf.png

...seriously, even if:

- we can be glad if actual navies run wows for simulation purposes lol, how one ever could feel more safe?!

-...still absolutely no relation to wows gameplay!

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,938 battles
3 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Maybe because we didn't eat glue with our cereal this morning? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,414 posts
13,826 battles

In the translation the professor (or whatever he is) says they play the game to learn about ship building history and naval weapon development of the time. Not actual combat or strategy.

I guess there are worse methods out there to do that. Playing NavyField and WoWs certainly sparked my interest to learn more about it.

Using WoWs in lieu of spending time and money to develop dedicated software is a fairly simple and pragmatic solution. If something already exists to suit your needs, why create something new?

Just like e.g. the US military has been using XBox controllers for years to control some of their hardware.

Or in other words:

"If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,120 posts
18,175 battles
17 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

In the translation the professor (or whatever he is) says they play the game to learn about ship building history and naval weapon development of the time. Not actual combat or strategy.

[...]

didn't actually rechecked it and things connected so to say, thats how gossip goes :D, thx :Smile_honoring:

[PMI]
Players
2,369 posts
5,559 battles

Why are you still looking for a forum ban?

Dont you think just by removing the bookmark and finding something else to do you would be better off...

[BS4]
Players
765 posts
5,153 battles
19 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Chinese Navy training on our server in elite clans, rise of stalinium shippower and now the announcement of russian bbs. Its all too coincidental to be an accident.

cQg1sVs.jpg

Did someone forget to take there meds this morning?

Sign in to follow this