You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Latest Leaks From WG Fest 2018 - Discussion Thread

102 comments in this topic

[CUK]
Players
34 posts
8,258 battles

Happy to know that my Russian Battleship line is mostly accurate to Wargamings Version!!! Tier 3 - not in my version, Tier 4 - Gangut was T3 on my Ship line, Tier 5 - not in my version, Tier 6 - Borodino/Izmail was T7 on my Ship line, Tier 7 - not in my version, Tier 8 - not in my version, Tier 9 - Project 23 was T9 on my Ship line too!

Tier 10 - Project 24 was T10 on my Ship line too!!!!! The Tier 8 Nelson looking ship was also Tier 8 on mine!!!! Even better, it's premium! 

Also, Thanks Wargaming for teasing the British Aircraft Carrier line! As a fellow Brit myself it'll be interesting to play these CV's. Hopefully HMS Ark Royal and HMS Argus may enter the game as premium ships. At long Last!!

• Cool 3

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
4 posts
3,579 battles

How can an official post on the official forum from the actual game developers be a leak?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3

Players
73 posts
6,291 battles

OMG !!! Comrad Stalin is not alone anymore , here is comrade Lenin !!!

The russian twinhead cerberus bear two iron fist Moskva and Kreml tear apart the evil capitalist and Stalindgrad and Lenin bite them to the death !!!

Joke aside this Will be the most super indestructible BB line ever in the WoWs history.

Gimmick? One heal less but two radar plus 2 hydro with spoter plane . This is more than enough to deal with the nasty DD's and smokecampers .

:cap_like:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,103 posts
5,058 battles

Anyone knows what design is behind Pyotr Veliki? Or this T3 thingy?

While not particular fond of these full fantasy lines I admit the T5 ship looks kind of elegant. Looking forward to some more details on that one. The Russian Nelson - well .. it will be strong no doubt (it is WG after all) but hell it looks ugly 

• Cool 2

[IOM_X]
Players
3 posts
5,628 battles

I am really looking forward to the new ships. British carriers and Russian BB's. Brilliant. Can we have a few more interesting 8/9/10 premium cruisers. Not more premium BB's. (Although The Musashi is hilarious fun - Doh!)

Players
11 posts
19 minutes ago, TicoXotaR said:

Happy to know that my Russian Battleship line is mostly accurate to Wargamings Version!!! Tier 3 - not in my version, Tier 4 - Gangut was T3 on my Ship line, Tier 5 - not in my version, Tier 6 - Borodino/Izmail was T7 on my Ship line, Tier 7 - not in my version, Tier 8 - not in my version, Tier 9 - Project 23 was T9 on my Ship line too!

Tier 10 - Project 24 was T10 on my Ship line too!!!!! The Tier 8 Nelson looking ship was also Tier 8 on mine!!!! Even better, it's premium! 

Also, Thanks Wargaming for teasing the British Aircraft Carrier line! As a fellow Brit myself it'll be interesting to play these CV's. Hopefully HMS Ark Royal and HMS Argus may enter the game as premium ships. At long Last!!

WoW already announced HMS Indomitable on F/B as T8 prem. Chck "WoW Devlopment Blog".

Players
3 posts
4,362 battles

Oh I have been waiting for Soviet battleships for so long... REALLY happy to see them finally on the way.

My line proposal.. well at least tiers IV, VI, IX and X were accurate! ^-^

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,997 battles

Nobody was very happy with the CV rework and yet WG are still going ahead with this despite the fact that the rework needs a serious rework before it is fit for consumption 

The Russian Battleships all look very broad in the beam - probably they are going to have insane torpedo protection factors and very slow speeds or a speed boost to enable them to compete with other BB's due to the excessive bulges 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
3 posts
4,362 battles
16 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Nobody was very happy with the CV rework and yet WG are still going ahead with this despite the fact that the rework needs a serious rework before it is fit for consumption 

The Russian Battleships all look very broad in the beam - probably they are going to have insane torpedo protection factors and very slow speeds or a speed boost to enable them to compete with other BB's due to the excessive bulges 

I can tell you that tier IX Sovetsky Soyuz had a design speed of 28 kts, and that Izmail/Borodino at tier VI had a design speed of 26.5 kts.

[DREAD]
Players
5,103 posts
5,058 battles
10 minutes ago, ComradeKatya said:

I can tell you that tier IX Sovetsky Soyuz had a design speed of 28 kts, and that Izmail/Borodino at tier VI had a design speed of 26.5 kts.

Both will be much faster in game 

• Cool 1

Players
524 posts
1 hour ago, mondog said:

How can an official post on the official forum from the actual game developers be a leak?

Shhh... it's a teaser, an authorized leak. No need to use a repair party!

• Funny 1

[CUK]
Players
34 posts
8,258 battles
2 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

What have the Wargaming devs been up to in Moscow? What's been leaked? See inside for all the juicy details coming out of this year's WG Fest.

Read the full article

Your Welcome Wargaming :) 

5 of 8 Battleship/cruisers match!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
2 hours ago, mondog said:

Surely if it's a "leak" and WG know who the source is then they should be getting sacked? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
524 posts
14 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Surely if it's a "leak" and WG know who the source is then they should be getting sacked? :Smile_trollface:

For sure if it was windward. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
3 posts
4,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Killroy67 said:

What battles did these russian battle ship fight in???? please skip all these project ships that never made there kiel wet.

Sure, let's also remove all of the US, British, Japanese, French, and German ships that never fought or were made.

• Cool 7

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,033 battles

So a paper line of BBs no one outside Russia really wants and a CV line fitted into the failure you call a "rework".

I'm not interested at all, in any of the things you have shown.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NOS]
Beta Tester
9 posts
4,977 battles

"A battleship of Project 24. She is armored with three triple 406 mm or 457 mm (optional) turrets."

armored ? armed u mean ? : P or since when do guns count as armor haha

• Cool 1

Players
524 posts
28 minutes ago, ComradeKatya said:

Sure, let's also remove all of the US, British, Japanese, French, and German ships that never fought or were made.

What's always surprised me is why they put so many paper designs at the top of the trees. Why didn't they use an Iowa class BB (later refit) for tier 10 for the US tech tree, for instance? Or why oh why are even the top tiers of the Royal Navy BB's just paper designs? The only thing they got right IMO is that the Yamato is at tier X....

22 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

So a paper line of BBs no one outside Russia really wants and a CV line fitted into the failure you call a "rework".

I'm not interested at all, in any of the things you have shown.

They are not all paper, and not all Soviet either....

• Cool 1

Players
30 posts

Not overly worried if they are paper ships or not but this is worrying after the neutered AA in the CV test

" that carpet bombing will be their bread and butter. It will replace the normal bomb drop and give the opportunity to do more damage with bombs. But before you get carried away, this will take a great deal of skill as you will have to anticipate the manoeuvre of the enemy for pinpoint accuracy. "

[DBOYZ]
Players
9 posts
3,293 battles

Arms Race will come back as part of the new format of Ranked Battles ? Uh... Disappointed...

I thought it will be separate type of battle as it was... 

• Cool 1