Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KarmaQU_EU

Unofficial CV rework feedback thread Delta

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Because not all good points come up during when the official feedback threads were live. 

The rework ain't over. Please keep the feedback going.

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Also please keep in mind any proposed CV rework solution or feedback will either have to be compatible with console gameplay, or contain a solution addressing console gameplay. 

Players
248 posts
3,690 battles

Ill give you feedback.

Completely idiotic to remove half of the techtree, the most bizarre nonsensical decision WG has ever come up with. It makes no sense and the reason given can be applied to all ships.

Secondly the whole gameplay in the "rework" has solved nothing and is even worse than it was before. The only balance difference from the CVs we have now to the ones in the rework is that fighters have been removed. So now CVs have no resistance at all, its just a damage farming class with no other purpose. Infact its even worse than that since you can now also attack multiple times with one squad, which means you can set perma floods constantly.

But there was never any question about why this was done was there, it was only, 100% only so you could implement CVs on consoles..

All in all, I dont like CV gameplay as it is now, because of the unbalance and the glitchy and hard to use interface. But this new thing is way way way worse. The old system couldve just been fixed and improved, it didnt need reworking. I am extremely extremely negative to all of this. But hey thats just me.

• Cool 1

Players
935 posts
7,216 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

100% only so you could implement CVs on consoles..

The console game is a different game, run by a different dev team.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles

If the real reason for the CV rework rather than to tweak the RTS model then that's very poor. No reason why the current model can't be tweaked, even if strafe and manual drops were nerfed or simplified further it would still be better than Pilot Simulator with infinite respawns.

Did I mention I want my money back for Kaga, Saipan and Enterprise? I haven't touched CVs since the official rework as I'm not wasting my time playing a soon to be dead class.

Also halving the tech tree so odd numbers are out gives WG a quick and easy way to milk the playerbase with ready made Prems :cap_money:

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,123 posts
6,610 battles

Funny thing. I seriously think that the skill gap after the rework will be much, much higher.

I tried the rework and I can tell that it's awful for many reasons. But the main one has the worse of the possible sins of any game; Cvs are BORING.

Currently there are a couple of tasks to fullfill; give air cover, attack the right targets, position your carrier, watch how the battle unfolds...
Now it's just a thing of take off, fly towards the target, relase the payload, and wait until the next wave launches.

Also, any game must have some sort of mental "reward". Currently when I do a sucessfull anvil attack, or sink a target, or shoot down enemy planes, I have that mental reward of doing something useful. Cvs now makes pretty few damage and you can be useful only if you endure the whole fly-attack-rinse-repeat for a good while.

Btw, I want money for my Kaga and Saipan too!!

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this