You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Strefs

[EXCERPT] WGFest 2018 - RUBBs and RNCVs

84 comments in this topic

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
308 posts
5,382 battles

Good day forum goers!

Today I have for you some exciting news on some upcoming tech-trees. Saturday's WGFest presentation provided us with some juicy details on the upcoming British carrier tree, as well as the Soviet Battleship line. Below is a excerpt from the information on these ships.

Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers

IV Hermes

WG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_AC_Hermes_ENG.jpg
The world's first aircraft carrier of special construction. Despite the fact that she was pretty outdated by the time that World War II began, the ship took an active part in British Navy operations until she was sent to the bottom by Japanese aviation in the Indian Ocean in 1942. In the game, the version of the ship featured will be from that time.

VI Furious

WG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_AC_Furious_1943_ENG.jpg
This ship was laid down in 1915 as an ultralight battleship with two 457 mm main guns and 76 mm thick armor. However, multiple changes were implemented in the process of the ship’s construction. Her superstructures and artillery were removed, and eventually, in 1917, an aircraft carrier entered the sea that would have a long history ahead. In the game, the version of the ship featured is as of 1941.
VIII Implacable
The lead ship of a series of heavy aircraft carriers with armored flight decks, aircraft hangars, and an armor belt that was really thick for this class of ships. She entered service in 1944, with very powerful AA armament for her time and a raised speed of 32.5 knots. In the game, the version of the ship featured is as of summer 1945.

X Audacious 

WG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_AC_Audacious_1951_ENG.jpg
One of the last British aircraft carriers laid down during World War II. The ship entered service in 1951 after a series of modernizations, with a different name—Eagle. These ships were the biggest in the history of the British Navy until 2017, when aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth entered service. In the game, you'll see the ship variant built according to her original plans and blueprints, and with her initial name.
It is still too early to discuss the technical specifications of the new ships, but we already know that one important special feature will be their carpet bombing ability. It will replace the standard way of releasing bombs and enable dealing more damage with them. However, players will need to predict the maneuvers their opponent are going to make in order to be effective.

Soviet Navy Battleships

III Knyaz SuvorovWG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_Knyaz_Suvorov_1916_ENG.jpg
A project developed by the Chief Marine Engineer of St. Petersburg’s port, Dmitri V. Skvortsov, in 1907.

IV GangutWG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_BB_Gangut_1918_ENG.jpg
A Sevastopol class battleship. She was built at the Admiralty’s Shipyard and entered service in 1914. In the game, the version of the ship featured is as of 1918.

V Pyotr VelikiyWG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_BB_Pyotr_Velikii_ENG.jpg
A ship based upon the Project No. 707 battle cruiser, presented at an international contest for designing an armored cruiser for the Baltic Sea by the Putilov Company, in cooperation with a German company.

VI IzmailWG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_BB_Izmail_1943_ENG.jpg
A project of battle cruiser Izmail, built in St. Petersburg at the Baltic Shipyard.

VII SinopWG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_BB_Sinop_1944_ENG.jpg
A battleship project developed by the Naval Shipyard in 1917 for the Mediterranean squadron.

VIII Vladivostok
A ship based upon the project of an A type battleship of CB-4 of the Baltic Shipyard, dated 1936.

IX Sovetsky Soyuz
A battleship of Project 23. The ship was in the process of being laid down before World War II, but her construction was stopped at the outbreak of war. In the game, she will be featured as built and modernized in the mid 40s.

X Kreml
A battleship of Project 24. She is armored with three triple 406 mm or 457 mm (optional) turrets. The ship is slightly smaller than Großer Kurfürst, but has a larger water displacement.
Since the branch is at an early stage of development, it is too early to discuss the ships’ specific unique features. But it is safe to say that the Russian and Soviet battleships will please you, with good armor and relatively big HP pools.

And the final thing: besides the new branch in the Tech Tree, Premium Soviet Tier VIII battleship Lenin is expected in the game soon.WG_SPb_WoWS_Presa_BB_Lenin_1945_ENG.jpg
Stay tuned for more news, and we'll tell you all about this and other ships in future!

This is the information we got for now with some interesting looking game renders, some more complete than others. We'll be seeing Lenin pretty soon from what I understand, as for the rest? Only time will tell. Definitely keep an eye on the announcements and the Devblog. Finally, Arms Race is making a comeback. As well as, by the looks of it, tier 9 ranked:

As you might remember, in Update 0.7.9 we temporarily added the new "Arms Race" type of battle. Its format wasn't much different from Random Battles: we had the same 12 vs. 12 scenarios, along with domination points, 1000 of which earnt would completely destroy your opponents. But the Key Areas in this mode were trickier, appearing in random locations and at different times. Capturing them yielded not just points, but also battle bonuses for the capturing ship and their nearest allies. Some of these bonuses reduced the reload time and others reduced detectability, or even increased HP recovery. This is where the name "Arms Race" originated from, with teams fighting for the competitive advantage provided by these bonuses.

This type of battle returns in early 2019, and will become a part of new Ranked Battles. These battles will take place among teams of six players with Tier IX ships.

Thoughts, opinions?

• Cool 8
  • Angry 1

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
308 posts
5,382 battles
6 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

This angle makes the ships look pretty plump. I wonder how their mobility will be.

Big bulks for good torpedo protection? As for their mobility, mid tier looks quite dated, probably around 20-27 knots, and probably moving up in speed at higher tiers. Perhaps Lenin will be an indicator of their maneuverability?

[AXIS]
Players
647 posts
9,677 battles

absolutely no interest whatsoever in CVs with the upcoming "rewok"

soviet battleships on the other hand...hell yea

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
303 posts
10,661 battles
7 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

absolutely no interest whatsoever in CVs with the upcoming "rewok"

soviet battleships on the other hand...hell yea

No interest in historical ships but paper ships? Yeah, bring them on :Smile_sceptic:

Only question is, how OP will RU BB be :etc_red_button:

• Cool 4

[SSA]
Players
515 posts
16,236 battles
24 minutes ago, Strefs said:

This type of battle returns in early 2019, and will become a part of new Ranked Battles. These battles will take place among teams of six players with Tier IX ships.

They literally picked the most "balans" tier there is.

I wish it had been T8.

• Funny 3

Players
294 posts
9,029 battles

More Russian paperships? Really? No Italian BB line? I mean, they actually had one. Then again WG’s largest player base is Russia so makes business sense.

As for the CV’s huge gamble considering they are being reworked and already are being found to be somewhat controversial.

Overall. A meh from me. Just another line to grind then at some point.

• Cool 8

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,207 battles
22 minutes ago, rnat said:

They literally picked the most "balans" tier there is.

I wish it had been T8.

Come on !!

Now that WG found a new goldmine bt selling overpriced T9 premiums, they have to exploit it to the max !!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,624 battles

RN CVs would have interested me pre rework.

Although carpet bombing? WGs new line gimmicks know no bounds! :Smile_amazed:

RU BB were always inevitable...

Beta Tester
204 posts
4,742 battles

Russians battleships probably before the Italians? Bloody hell, sorry Italian fans I guess, I'd have much preferred to see another Italian line beforehand, Still No real Destroyer, Zara or Vittorio (unless you pay). They could still be interesting at least.

British carriers could be nice, if they don't mess up the CV rework, considering how they've been listening to feedback i'm not holding my breath but if they do make it work i'll be happy to see them.

And Arms Race in ranked? ehh, pass probably, I might give it a try though, can always wind up pleasantly surprised.

Also Gangut? we already have Gangut under her later name, could have added one of the other ones.

My name is too long? Hmph

Spoiler

gangut.thumb.jpg.12c4eec9e8ed874c07525ee2eefb9e61.jpg

Players
104 posts
4,527 battles

Yup. T9 ships for ranked ??? Smells like millions of Black, Missouri and Musashi.....

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,193 posts
11,899 battles
1 minute ago, KingDisruptor said:

Yup. T9 ships for ranked ??? Smells like millions of Black, Missouri and Musashi.....

You misspelled Mussouri. Or was it Missashi? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
294 posts
9,029 battles
11 minutes ago, KingDisruptor said:

Time for Chung Mu to rule the waves again.

• Cool 1

Players
3,590 posts
7,312 battles
36 minutes ago, quickr said:

Only question is, how OP will RU BB be :etc_red_button:

Well the T5/6 are "based on" battle cruiser designs, so presumably they'll keep the speed but add on the armour and HP of a battleship, the usual Soviet railguns and then keep increasing the "balance" as the line progresses.

Special gimmick, ultra fast acting damage control party making her pretty much immune to HE spam, weakness maybe poor AA, but CV rework makes that redundant anyway.

• Cool 1

[SSA]
Players
515 posts
16,236 battles
26 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Now that WG found a new goldmine bt selling overpriced T9 premiums, they have to exploit it to the max !!

I remember them saying they'll never sell a t9 or higher ship for actual cash when they rolled out the Missouri.

That promise seems to have gone the way of the "no submarines in WoWs" (at least the latter has some potential)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,004 posts
8,039 battles

crap i had absolutely no interest in the Musashi (i love my legendary Yamato) nor the Krohnstadt (will buy the Stalingrad) but T9 ranked? I might have to reconsider...

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

To be honest, I'm... uh... let's say, not really a RN-fanboy, but damn. A full-fledged russo-soviet battleship branch, and four UK carriers. FOUR*.

World of Warships 2019, ladies and gentlemen. Also may or may not contain small traces of Regia Marina.

*edited, thank you for the correction

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,827 battles

Im actually kinda hyped for these. 

Just hoping that these have a citadel...

[-HUN-]
Players
728 posts
8,285 battles

-Hey, we could add Italy with a huge and actual fleet, awesome and beautiful ships or we could design some totally imagined RU BBs. What should we do?

godzilla-face-palm-for-when-an-epic-face

• Cool 4
  • Funny 12

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

Wait a second, is Tier 3 a reversed Kaiser layout? Oo

I can't see, what could possibly go wrong, by bringing a second König Albert with a better layout. :P

• Funny 2

[B0TS]
Players
346 posts
9,111 battles

Looking forward to these. I personally think that WG has generally done a good job with the fictional ships in the past, especially modelling them. I know people want other lines but I do like a bit of Stronk.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
104 posts
4,527 battles
8 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

To be honest, I'm... uh... let's say, not really a RN-fanboy, but damn. A full-fledged russo-soviet battleship branch, and three UK carriers. THREE.

World of Warships 2019, ladies and gentlemen. Also may or may not contain small traces of Regia Marina.

There is 4 UK CV, the T4, the T6 the T8 and T10. The T8 had no image so we easily miss the little text