Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

How QuickyBaby would fix World of Tanks

7 comments in this topic

Players
2,109 posts
15,299 battles

Let me direct your attention to a popular streamer's latest video about our brother Wargaming title, World of Tanks.

"How absolutely insane is it that a popular #Game that has been out for eight years does not even have a #tutorial system?"

A pertinent question that also has some relevance for WoWs. Being a fairly newish player (even though it's already been a little over a year now), from what I heard and read about the old days, things have come a long way since the beginnings, and they are a lot better now than they used to be three years ago.

Still though, the fact is things are inadequate, and even though Wargaming have started the commendable "How it works" series about the game mechanics, they leave most of the new player education to the community. They let unpaid people do the work who just can't stand by any longer and watch the state of things but feel compelled to do something about it - whether it is youtubers, streamers, forum folk or Wiki editors. And Wargaming is of course raking in all the profits. And they are not just benefiting from these people's unpaid labor but also from the player's ignorance, which is a consequence of the sketchy education new players get of necessity from such a crowd-based system.

In short: it's the good old capitalist exploitation system that has worked so well for oligarchs and tycoons (and so badly for the many) throughout the course of a lot of history.

https://youtu.be/PVtWcEC9i7k

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
4,489 posts
9,443 battles

I can't remember ever having seen QB this critical towards how WoT is run.

I happened to have watched both videos yesterday (the other was him opening 200 lootboxes).

I do find it kinda strange though, because there was in fact a tutorial in WoT when I started playing that years ago, even though this tutorial was about as basic as the WoWS one is now.

But I wonder...what kind of information should these hypothetical extra tutorials contain?

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
280 posts

We don't need QB videos and adverts in here. I don't want to make that guy more views and is probably the worst example to give.

Also , he is /was a WG sold rat that did absolutely nothing for the players and viewers  other that posting his best battles in the new premiums WG had to sell.  He had a lot of chances to express the  anger of the community and protest against the wrong way of going down the money grab path that  WG went. But as always he went passive and suckled from 2 sources. Nah bro.  Keep him away with his pathetic and sudden critics. He had his chance.

His cry is probably because he realises that game has died from a new player perspective (and obvisouly his viewers as well) and he will have to move his boring play style to another game.  And that voice...

• Bad 1

[LEOND]
[LEOND]
Alpha Tester
1,197 posts
5,445 battles

WoT and WoWS are very different here

For WoT is faster and you start with the hardest class to play

And WoWS, the game between BB and CA/CL changes above T5 and you start with the easy to play class but have to change and adopt as you progress further

Than there is the concept that the goal is not reaching T10 in everything but playing the game to get better.

If it won't be for the Missions/Events there would be no reason for the casual player to get above T4 except if he/she/it really wants to play one of those ships.

On the other hand, WoWS does a lot things right that WoT does wrong 

Players
2,109 posts
15,299 battles
Vor 58 Minuten, clocky sagte:

We don't need QB videos and adverts in here. I don't want to make that guy more views

Frankly, Mam, I don't give a damn.

Zitat

and is probably the worst example to give.

You could have been even more unconstructive if you put in just a liiitle bit of effort you know.

Edit:

I wasn't even half way through watching the video when I posted it and now that I have watched it all, there is a lot more in there which is also pertinent in similar ways to WoWs besides the question of tutorials.

I shall now proceed to extract all of these, convert them to their WoWs equivalent and put them up for discussion in the Gameplay subforum, after which a modified extract shall be posted to the Suggestions thread.

• Cool 3

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
397 posts
8,154 battles

So finally his dignity was bigger than the "gifts"?? Was about time XD

Players
2,109 posts
15,299 battles

Frankly, after watching the latest Claus Kellermann about all the changes planned in WoT for 2019, some of which sound eerily similar to QB's suggestions, you could almost get the idea the QB video was a stunt planned in coordination with WG marketing.

Were it not for all the stuff they usually pull and which is quite the opposite of viral 4D chess marketing stratagems.

Sign in to follow this