You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

FIX the damn game

21 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles

I love how incapable they are to make their UI responsive. Whenever I want to ESC from containers I have to click on it twice because it doesn't receive it the first time. I love how I click on a flag and it takes only 5 seconds to load on a ship. But never mind I have got used to this. Nowadays the game threw in a new toy. Doesn't show the endgame results instead jumps to port immediately. Annoying as heck but I can get used to this too by time.

But I have faced something very new. Played a game in Lion. HP less than 80k. (Please don't mind the names on the pictures they have nothing to do with it so it's not naming and shaming.)

Missing something?

Spoiler

571shot_18.12.14_21.25.46.jpg

982shot_18.12.14_21.26.10.jpg

Now that you mention yes, I'm missing something. WHERE the FCK are my Dreadnought and Fireproof achievements?

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Welcome to putting the ui and background functions on the same synchronous thread.

I think the title mentions fixes not either of them but all.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,805 posts
9,593 battles

Don't see anything wrong with the achievements not being given. Both state that you have to survive to recieve them, which you didn't do. So rightfully no achievements earned in that match.

• Cool 7

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
Just now, Lightbaron said:

Don't see anything wrong with the achievements not being given. Both state that you have to survive to recieve them, which you didn't do. So rightfully no achievements earned in that match.

You are absolutely correct. I forgot it! :D But won't delete it now.

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,786 battles
6 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I think the title mentions fixes not either of them but all.

Oh yeah, i agree, the ui code should be rewritten, i just explained what the current issue most likely is :)

pretty much the only way to get such a laggy ui is to put the ui code and background functions on the same thread, meaning that the ui needs to wait for the background functions(which often need to contact wargaming servers) to finish before the ui becomes responsive again. This is easily fixed by seperating background functions from the ui thread, following a code standard such as mvvm, or rewriting the code to be asynchronous, allowing both the ui and background functions to run on the same thread without blocking eachother.

Funny thing is that there is just no code standards that allows you to do this, so wargaming must have gone out of their way with lazyness when they designed this code, following no standards.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,312 posts
9,214 battles

On the flip side its laggy and unresponsive for everyone even with high end pc-s. So yay, we all suffer

At least you dont have to waste 5 seconds of your life on every containeranimation. Oh wait...

• Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

But more important then checking the real requirements for a (spuriously missing) achievments is to rant with a own thread in the forum!

Well done!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

That the UI is meh has been known since the beginning.

Your use of mods does not help the situation any if you ask me, but what do I know, never have any issues myself so...

[BBMM]
Players
4,239 posts
4,814 battles
2 hours ago, kfa said:

On the flip side its laggy and unresponsive for everyone even with high end pc-s. So yay, we all suffer

At least you dont have to waste 5 seconds of your life on every containeranimation. Oh wait...

Actually you can ignore them and they'll just be added automatically at the end of the day.

True though, that dude rubbing the enormous ehh... thing does not excite me anymore either.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,312 posts
9,214 battles
4 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Actually you can ignore them and they'll just be added automatically at the end of the day.

True though, that dude rubbing the enormous ehh... thing does not excite me anymore either.

Yes but i need my daily dose of coal 😨

It gives you random container cause we still dont have "remember my choice" button. And then you still have to open them one by one cause we dont have an "open all" button either...

• Cool 2

[TR]
Players
1,156 posts
34,909 battles

Sometimes I get my UI to freeze letting me unable to control my ship. It's a very nasty bug and WG should know about it.

Players
1,570 posts
5,945 battles
9 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Whenever I want to ESC from containers I have to click on it twice because it doesn't receive it the first time.

I KNEW I wasn't going crazy, this has only started happening to since 0.7.11.X (one of the micro updates) but I wasn't sure if it was just me "missing" the ESC button which I clicked but I paid more attention and now see that it takes an extra 1 second to become selectable (the colour changes from dark grey to light grey) and then ANOTHER second before it registers a click!

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,878 posts
16,975 battles

Please guys, don't ask for UI improvements.

The last time they "improved" the UI we got the new awful division window.

Seriously though, the UI is arguably the most neglected part of this game and has been since... well, forever. One can only hope that WG will finally do a complete overhaul someday because it sure as :etc_swear: needs it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

What? You don't like the perfect UI that The Party provided for you? You capitalistic pigs! OFF TO GULAG YOU GO!!!

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
11 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

2020 will be the year of the UI.

Then they might come up with a new but worse version in 2022. :P

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
12 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

and this, lads, is why we really need a :fish_palm: reaction :Smile_teethhappy:

not the rest of the UI isnt garbage, mind you...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,646 battles

Personally I quite like the part where you take enough dmg to get a dreadnought and survive, but just 1...3 ships have been shooting you so you get nothing.

Or even better when there was that 4th (and 5th and so on) ship firing at you, but he only shattered = didn't do dmg = doesn't count.

Being damaged by at least 4 ships is my favorite requirement of them all :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Personally I quite like the part where you take enough dmg to get a dreadnought and survive, but just 1...3 ships have been shooting you so you get nothing.

Or even better when there was that 4th (and 5th and so on) ship firing at you, but he only shattered = didn't do dmg = doesn't count.

Being damaged by at least 4 ships is my favorite requirement of them all :cap_old:

It's exceptionally funny now with the Worcester and Harugomo. They can easily melt you and if you accidentally manage to kill them and survive then s***w you cos it was just a Worcester :D

Beta Tester
4,213 posts
17,250 battles
On 12/14/2018 at 9:56 PM, thiextar said:

Funny thing is that there is just no code standards that allows you to do this, so wargaming must have gone out of their way with lazyness when they designed this code, following no standards.

Stronk russian programming skills fueled by (too much?) vodka, comrade!

• Funny 1