You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
666Priest

premium ships

21 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
268 posts

Alabama is good but I think Massachusetts is better.

Tier 8 is better now than it was but still a difficult tier to play.

Which high tier ships do you have already?

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Not to be rude, but maybe it is better to get a bit more experienced in the game (read: more battles), before you buy T8 Premium ships.

• Cool 5

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

You really shouldnt venture into tier 8 without playing a lot more battles and learning the game first, you will just fail miserably every battle.

• Cool 3

Players
16 posts
1,113 battles

I agree with Maxxy. We are still shell-shocked by the Derpitz Apocalypse. Reach Tier 8 in a BB line first before you buy one, please. It will help both you and your team achieve victory.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles

Alabama is a really great ship. Good armor. Great guns. AA is good. Secondary is not good. Have had really fun games with mine. 

• Cool 1

[TDCX]
Players
8 posts
351 battles

ok thx all i just got usa battle ships in lvl 7 still long way to 8 so im just saying i want to try some new high ships

Players
926 posts
7,197 battles

Don't jump the Queue to Tier VIII. Yes, you have a really powerful ship capable of devastating opponents. So does everyone else.

Texas or Arizona are better choices. 

Players
366 posts
1,500 battles

OTOH it's okay if you plan to play your high-tier premium exclusively in co-op until you reach (competence at) that tier in the tech tree.

My Sims, Haida and Blyskawica will all agree that that can be fun too :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

Well if you want a christmas present Alabama is a good choice and more suited to other US captains than Massachusetts, as that ship needs a dedicated captain.

If you like others say play in coop you should be alright, but you need far more experience first in random.

But the buying thing is not the same as playing thing.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
578 posts
3,305 battles

I don't know your motives on buying ships. But if it is about getting that magic "better"  ship or to save time by skipping tiers. Just don't do it. 

You already have 3 tier 8 ships with not so many games played in them. 

Looking at your performance, I suggest you play those more until you get the hang of it. 

You also should want to play your silver ships more and grind those lines and get familiar with them. 

But hey it is your money, do as you please. ;)

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
2 hours ago, lolololololololblood said:

ok thx all i just got usa battle ships in lvl 7 still long way to 8 so im just saying i want to try some new high ships

In Coop it is good, but better not try randoms. 

Because there:

- you will meet people that have LOTS of experience, that is how they got their T8 ships.

- you will also have +2/-2 tier, so you get put in battle with Tier 10 ships as well. 

• Funny 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,428 battles

The question in this topic should be: How good can Alabama handle T10 MM?

And the answer is - It doesn't really matter - you will suffer, just get a tier 10 with some special camo for credits and flags.

• Boring 1

Players
193 posts
5,564 battles

You could check out what the community contributors think about a Premium ship because splashing your cash.

For example Little White Mouse's summary of Premium ships

The World of Warships wiki is a comprehensive guide to all ships in the game, including those removed from sale, and has a short summary of their pros and cons.

(I think I'm coming to this thread a little late because you've already purchased the Massachusetts B)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,252 posts
6,795 battles

@lolololololololblood Check this: https://wows-numbers.com/player/528517617,lolololololololblood/

Red means bad (or in this case very very bad)

Please stop playing high tier ships for a while. Even at tier 3 and 4 you are doing terribly, but that's simply because you are a new player. You don't yet know how the game works. As it happens that's what you have those low tiers for - learn the basics!

Also stop FreeXP-ing your way up, those tier 10 ships will still be there regardless of you getting to them in 2 weeks or 2 months. But difference in your ability to play them between those 2 timescales would be massive

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
90 posts
18,218 battles

Please Please Please, don't buy your way to high tier, you will get slaughtered and be a handicap to your team. Learn the game first and as others say wait until you get your first high tier by playing F2P ships.

Beta Tester
432 posts
1,663 battles

Looking at your profile, you already have a Mass B, and that is very similar to an Alabama.  The Alabama has worse main guns, but better secondaries, which overall makes it a worse ship as you (almost) never use secondaries in a game where it matters.  The only exception is with destroyers, but there aren't many of those in an average game at the moment.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,080 posts
5,843 battles
1 hour ago, lolololololololblood said:

thx all for your post

A little late to the party, but here goes:

Alabama is a good ship - classic US BB; I mainly play mine in Coop, as I generally suck at BBs so I'm a liability in them to my team against real people (same goes for most of my premium BBs in general).

The people advising you not to buy high tier premiums until you've got more experienced are (I'm afraid) right: besides not having the experience to stand against more seasoned players, you'll probably be short of a sufficiently experienced captain to not be at a further disadvantage - most players you meet will have an edge in captain skills over you, which does make a difference. That's for random battles (and any other mode against real people).

Coop mode is a different thing though - because very few people care about it much (and it's quite hard to lose, unless you're the only non-bot player on your team), you can essentially play whatever you want there without getting much bother from anyone else. If you ignore people and buy a high tier ship anyway, play it in Coop and you'll be fine. Another plus with Coop - you can run more 'fun' (read - sub-optimal) captain's builds and get away with it e.g. I rather like secondary build BBs, and they're often hopeless against real people; in Coop you can run them to your heart's content...

There is another reason to wait (unless you win a high tier premium in an Xmas box): I believe most of the high tier premiums are at full price at the moment; there is a good chance of a sale of some sort over Xmas and NY, which will save you money...

• Cool 1