You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Animalul2012

Harugumo! NERF IT!

102 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles

A gunboat destroyer that gets 6.2 concealment, 6 torpedoes with 12km range and torpedo booster consumable. BUT WAIT!

So  we have 5x2 100mm guns that got the 1/4 pen treatment with 3 sec reloads( you can get this down to about 2.4 s i think )

you said 1/4 pen? yes i did! so we can pen 25mm of armor? yes! so if I put IPHE i can pen up to 32 mm of armor? yes.and you know what that means...RIP any battleship covered around in 32mm of armor and        ( french ones suffer the most), cruisers as well. ( except mosvka and stalingrad)

And lastly you got 1000m/s velocity and yes the shells keep a long time in the air but they are much faster than the american ones or british. 

And in exchange we get bad AA like most destroyers that do not have access to defensive aa fire, we get a massive turning radius and it is quite big.

Does it matter? no there is a ship out there that is considered to be a gunboat but it gets a minimum concealment of 7.9km, 4x2  guns that do not get the 1/4 pen treatment and have a 5 second reload,

6km torpedoes, bad aa, very bad rudder shift and turning circle and for what? for a cheap heal and some gun velocity realy? oh and you can go up to 44 knots... guess what there is a ship that can go 55 knots and it is considered trash and something more do you think everyone is blind and has no idea on  how to aim? oh and this ship when it was introduced was very OP aswell and it got 4 consecutive nerfs 4!!!

So worcester got a radar nerf, yueyang is now the worst t10 destroyer and edited alive most cruisers and every battleship that it meets. while the soviet counterpart is a former shadow of himself( not grozovoi that is a great destroyer) ( imagine being focused by a division of 3 balancerugumos)

Solution: remove torpedo reload booster, 5 sec reload and minium of 7.2 concealment. there you go make this ship a chore to play like the yueyang. 

Oh and maybe you can give some small buffs to z-52 maybe better AP penetration and 1600 he shell damage? 

So that was it you like it or dont this ships needs to have the same fate as khabarovk, yueyang, old shimakaze and soon the conqueror.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 5

[OP]
Beta Tester
321 posts
2,821 battles

Harugumo still takes the normal AP pen damage and turns like a brick. 
It is only when you let them farm you that they can build up damage...

• Cool 6

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
476 posts
6,799 battles
28 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

A gunboat destroyer that gets 6.2 concealment, 6 torpedoes with 12km range and torpedo booster consumable. BUT WAIT!

So  we have 5x2 100mm guns that got the 1/4 pen treatment with 3 sec reloads( you can get this down to about 2.4 s i think )

you said 1/4 pen? yes i did! so we can pen 25mm of armor? yes! so if I put IPHE i can pen up to 32 mm of armor? yes.and you know what that means...RIP any battleship covered around in 32mm of armor and        ( french ones suffer the most), cruisers as well. ( except mosvka and stalingrad)

And lastly you got 1000m/s velocity and yes the shells keep a long time in the air but they are much faster than the american ones or british. 

And in exchange we get bad AA like most destroyers that do not have access to defensive aa fire, we get a massive turning radius and it is quite big.

Does it matter? no there is a ship out there that is considered to be a gunboat but it gets a minimum concealment of 7.9km, 4x2  guns that do not get the 1/4 pen treatment and have a 5 second reload,

6km torpedoes, bad aa, very bad rudder shift and turning circle and for what? for a cheap heal and some gun velocity realy? oh and you can go up to 44 knots... guess what there is a ship that can go 55 knots and it is considered trash and something more do you think everyone is blind and has no idea on  how to aim? oh and this ship when it was introduced was very OP aswell and it got 4 consecutive nerfs 4!!!

So worcester got a radar nerf, yueyang is now the worst t10 destroyer and edited alive most cruisers and every battleship that it meets. while the soviet counterpart is a former shadow of himself( not grozovoi that is a great destroyer) ( imagine being focused by a division of 3 balancerugumos)

Solution: remove torpedo reload booster, 5 sec reload and minium of 7.2 concealment. there you go make this ship a chore to play like the yueyang. 

Oh and maybe you can give some small buffs to z-52 maybe better AP penetration and 1600 he shell damage? 

So that was it you like it or dont this ships needs to have the same fate as khabarovk, yueyang, old shimakaze and soon the conqueror.

It’s sounds like someone left the safety of the group and got burned down, Show me where the nasty harugumo hurt you :Smile_child:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

Players
3,592 posts
7,346 battles
9 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I'm working my way up to it, when I get there they will nerf it.

This is why I'll stay on Kita, one gun extra isn't worth concealment, handling, receiving full pens and quite likely nerfhammer.

On other hand, it would be hard to rebalance Haru without breaking her. She literally sacrifices everything for that dakka

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I prefer the Kitakaze over the Harugumo all day long. t2807.gif

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

numbers. numbers numbers!!! what are you telling me this trash is not OP like the rest of the line and that GEARING, SHIMAKAZE AND Z-52 are worse than a YUEYANG? REALLY? based on some numbers??? oh and daring is also op i guess right?

• Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles
6 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

numbers. numbers numbers!!! what are you telling me this trash is not OP like the rest of the line and that GEARING, SHIMAKAZE AND Z-52 are worse than a YUEYANG? REALLY? based on some numbers??? oh and daring is also op i guess right?

To be fair, the Daring is a bit much with that godlike acceleration, tiny ship, brutal DPM, and healing and hydroacoustics suite and the Grozhevoi is a strong destroyer in her own right with the Stalinium arcs and healing suite. I'm surprized people actually do worse in the Harugumo than the Khaba in average damage though, people really suck with her.

Also: Z-52 at the bottom. The destroyer with the 'I win' button somehow manages the lowest win rate. Amazing.

The Harugumo really isn't so much overpowered as she is broken. She packs the firepower of a cruiser which makes her obscenely strong against larger ships, but her garbage handling and large size makes her insanely vulnerable to everything the moment she is caught in a bad place. There is literally no ship in this game that is easier to bomb than the Harugumo. She's insanely minmaxed as a destroyer. Too strong in some respects, too weak in orders to nerf her without making her nearly useless. To be fair, this is a grave WG has dug.

• Cool 7

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
8,078 battles
5 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

To be fair, the Daring is a bit much with that godlike acceleration, tiny ship, brutal DPM, and healing and hydroacoustics suite and the Grozhevoi is a strong destroyer in her own right with the Stalinium arcs and healing suite. I'm surprized people actually do worse in the Harugumo than the Khaba in average damage though, people really suck with her.

Also: Z-52 at the bottom. The destroyer with the 'I win' button somehow manages the lowest win rate. Amazing.

Well before the BB AP nerf Z-52 was the biggest loser of all, it ate all the damage you can imagine, i will have to give her a try now as well.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles
1 minute ago, kfa said:

Well before the BB AP nerf Z-52 was the biggest loser of all, it ate all the damage you can imagine, i will have to give her a try now as well.

I mean, I ran solo with her and managed Saipan win rates even before the AP change. The AP from battleships sucks, but not impossible to work around given her decent concealment and speed. I really can't ever think of the Z-52 of all things as a weak ship.

[SCRUB]
Players
965 posts
7,765 battles
3 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

I mean, I ran solo with her and managed Saipan win rates even before the AP change. The AP from battleships sucks, but not impossible to work around given her decent concealment and speed. I really can't ever think of the Z-52 of all things as a weak ship.

Exactly, I run a 73% WR in Z-46 with the worse hydro after like 400 games, the Z series are more skill based than the other DD's I find. 

On topic, Haru is fine, she gives up so much for that dakka, the Daring with better concealment, heal and baked in acceleration is much more broken considering her dps is almost the same. 

[-AP-]
Players
594 posts
2,686 battles
16 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

What are you gonna go on if not numbers?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Some people prefer "feelings". Do you not "feel" the balance? :Smile_coin:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

i will look at the ship stats and how it does in the battle! if i wargaming introduces a destroyer that can pen 32mm of armor with 100mm guns that reload in 1 second and has 15k torpedoes with torpedo booster and 4.5 km concealment, 40knots, smoke, heal, radar and speed boost do you need any bloody number to see realize how op that boat is??? 

WOT community is not like this wot community> wows community  people there judge by the actual tank stats and comparing to some other counterpart but no here if stalingrad has 10% win rate then it is not op because statistics!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Some people prefer "feelings". Do you not "feel" the balance? :Smile_coin:

what mad that your japanese dd is going to get nerfed?? just wait it is JAPANASE after all.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,405 posts
5,626 battles
4 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

what mad that your japanese dd is going to get nerfed?? just wait it is JAPANASE after all.

Try learning to play, so you dont get farmed by better players.

And please, try and respect other nations, you look like a racist fool on that last bit.

• Cool 5

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

Try learning to play, so you dont get farmed by better players.

And please, try and respect other nations, you look like a racist fool on that last bit.

lol the weaker tells the stronger how to play)))!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
3,592 posts
7,346 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

lol the weaker tells the stronger how to play)))!

At least he doesn't suffer severe case of butthurt...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,806 posts
6,230 battles
5 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

i will look at the ship stats and how it does in the battle! if i wargaming introduces a destroyer that can pen 32mm of armor with 100mm guns that reload in 1 second and has 15k torpedoes with torpedo booster and 4.5 km concealment, 40knots, smoke, heal, radar and speed boost do you need any bloody number to see realize how op that boat is??? 

WOT community is not like this wot community> wows community  people there judge by the actual tank stats and comparing to some other counterpart but no here if stalingrad has 10% win rate then it is not op because statistics!

When you go by stats, you should also mention the drawbacks... 12 km Torpedo sounds strong? Well that are the Shimakaze torps, high damage and 12 km, but a terrible reaction time = easy to dodge. Also the Harugumo gets pretty easily hit by torps, since that ship is really unmaneuvrable. Above is a statisic shown, that the Khaba does more damage.

Also the gras is always greener on the other side of the fence, so you should play the Harugumo maybe :)

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
594 posts
2,686 battles
2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

But the stats you just presented are not the stats of the harugumo, you also failed to mention any of the harugumos weaknesses. You are clearly affected by confirmation bias, i assume that you get killed by a harugumo, and therefore decided that its op, following this, you picked the strongest stats of the ship to "prove" your theory, misrepresenting the ship while you were at it.

By analysing the ships specs properly, you can figure out what its playstyle is, and if its broken in some way or not, but this wont tell you if the ship is overpowered or not, as there are so many factors.

The only way to tell the overall power of the ship, is a combination of this knowledge of its playstyle and its global winrate in comparison to its same tier opponents.

But of course you dont seem to care about this, because you are here to pick a bone with this ship, and any numbers that goes against your view of it, is bogus

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles

Also wargaming why is stalingrad the only bias here?? we need defender, su-130, is-3a, 430u and 140 what are you doing? spend some vodka on wows as well not only on wot)))

• Boring 1

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

At least he doesn't suffer severe case of butthurt...

at least I CARE for this game i do not want it to become wot. but you dont so enjoy defender and is3 a in the future))

[RO-RN]
Players
245 posts
5,133 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

But the stats you just presented are not the stats of the harugumo, you also failed to mention any of the harugumos weaknesses. You are clearly affected by confirmation bias, i assume that you get killed by a harugumo, and therefore decided that its op, following this, you picked the strongest stats of the ship to "prove" your theory, misrepresenting the ship while you were at it.

By analysing the ships specs properly, you can figure out what its playstyle is, and if its broken in some way or not, but this wont tell you if the ship is overpowered or not, as there are so many factors.

The only way to tell the overall power of the ship, is a combination of this knowledge of its playstyle and its global winrate in comparison to its same tier opponents.

But of course you dont seem to care about this, because you are here to pick a bone with this ship, and any numbers that goes against your view of it, is bogus

nah man how about we buff soviet ships and nerf others? why is wargaming buffing only soviet tanks is not fair)))