Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bratwurst_Bob

Tier X Personal Combat Mission: who has that kind of time on his hand?

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
169 posts
5,406 battles

I mean you have go to be out of your mind:

5 Stages, each after the previous is achieved:

1. 100.000XP
  2. 8.000.000 Credits
  3. 15.000 Free XP
  4. Win 15 Battles
  5. Earn 40.000 base XP.

All of this in 1 month. Wtf? Who has this much spare time not to mention the stomach to play non-stop the same ship for a unique upgrade? To have the upgrade would be nice, but seriously: I do actually have a life besides this game, so again: wtf? Are you out of your mind?

• Boring 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

There is no real time limit to the mission.

Please note how the mission does not state a year for completion. While there is one set for technical reasons (I believe it is 2021 currently) the mission will automatically be extended once that time limit is reached.

[SWTP]
Players
387 posts
6,481 battles

It is on from summer at least and it will be there for much longer than the end of the year. Just from technical reasons, it says the 31st.

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,078 battles
4 minutes ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

I mean you have go to be out of your mind:

5 Stages, each after the previous is achieved:

1. 100.000XP
  2. 8.000.000 Credits
  3. 15.000 Free XP
  4. Win 15 Battles
  5. Earn 40.000 base XP.

All of this in 1 month. Wtf? Who has this much spare time not to mention the stomach to play non-stop the same ship for a unique upgrade? To have the upgrade would be nice, but seriously: I do actually have a life besides this game, so again: wtf? Are you out of your mind?

Those missions are not meant to be finished in one month. The game is just so designed that WG can't put missions in without an end date.

So they compromised and put in the end of the year instead. But they also failed to put in any description in to warn people that the "end" date just just a place holder and the missions are there until you finish them.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,431 posts
13,843 battles

For :etc_swear:s sake...

The "time limit" is only there because the way missions are programmed they apparently require an end date to be given. In reality the Legendary Upgrade missions are available indefinitely until you finish them, you won't lose progress once the year ends.

You could've found that out if you had poked around a bit as you are hardly the first one to complain about this.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
169 posts
5,406 battles

Good to know. Must be really hard to tell the casual player, why would I poke for more information when it is clearly stated in the mission. Must be superhard to add such a vital piece of information...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

It's hard to search or read?

[AAO]
Supertester
109 posts
6,927 battles

Nobody is forcing you to grind these missions if you don't want to do it. Everyone has their priorities in life. What I do not get is the mentality that "I have to have it now and not a second later!" (in the case of free xp ships, a.k.a. "have you seen the price tag on that, make it cheaper!") or "I have to have it, make it easier!". Which is what we see now with the paid campaigns for steel.

[SWTP]
Players
387 posts
6,481 battles

To be honest, it should be explained in the mission description, he came not to ask, just to rant about requirements in an apparent very short time frame, not everyone reads the forum every day.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,121 posts
18,194 battles

on one hand that might be right, on the other the missions, as stated, ARE up since summer. so kinda around half a year almost? if he now discovered their existence, well.... idk.

got quite some finished, but indeed focussed on em. just a few more to go and i'm free to play what pleases me again lol :crab::Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this