Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
alexkon3

How do we have so many good plans of Yamato if they were destroyed? c

2 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
693 battles

Hello, it is often said that most of the plans of Yamato class were destroyed because of the huge secrecy involved into its construction. I know some plans were recently found at Mitsubishi but there are older books like the excellent „Battleships Yamato and Musashi:Anatomy of the Ship by Janusz Skulski“ (the first edition of the book is older i think.) which include extremly detailed drawings of those ships. How can we accuratly put linedrawings/blueprints out there if the plans were destroyed? Is the whole „all the plans were destroyed“ hyperbole?   Are there detailed plans like a booklet of general plans or the blueprints that survived the war?

[CLADS]
Players
10 posts
4,202 battles

I think you touched a very interesting topic here... ;)
I know Janusz Skulski as a well known Polish model maker and a history geek. Poland has had really great relations with Japan before and during II WW.

Even Wiki confirms that: "During WW2 despite being allied with Germany, the Empire of Japan did not support its invasion of Poland and actively supported the Polish government in exile. The Japanese relied heavily on the new Polish secret service for training in decryption, and continued their close military co-operation even after the Polish declaration of war, which was REJECTED by Japan for this reason.".

It seems probable what Polish spies knew bit more about these blueprints and he got access to otherwise unknown photos, data etc. ... ;)

Sign in to follow this