Sign in to follow this  
DeletedUser

Nelson... is this normal?

6 comments in this topic

Players
0 posts

OK, so, my first 2 games in the Nelson were not atypical at all, and I'm trying not to let them make me dislike the ship, but...

Is this kind of thing normal? I don't normally spam HE in BB's (haven't played the RN BB line yet) but I kind of would have expected some damage!? After this screenclip, I got another 3 HE pens for zero damage (on an Omaha with about 1 k health left!!!) and 3 incapacitated modules. So, 8 hits, 2 fires, 3 destroyed modules and 2 planes for 0 damage. Is that just bad luck or fairly normal?

image.png.885a9a5a3aee3c707600dd80e0916b73.png

Yeah, I know, nearly 1mil PD in the meantime - the friggin doorbell rung leaving me in a awkward position!!!

On the flip side, the ap is pretty solid on broadside cruisers... and they don't expect it either! :)

Players
0 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Use AP even against angled Omaha. You just overmatch her armor.

Yeah, I know... just it was an opportune shot with HE loaded and it was low health so... :etc_red_button:

I was just more surprised that in 8 HE pens (I don't recall any shatters anyway) on 3 different ships (4 hits (couldn't be sure they were all pens) with double fire on a fuso, 1 pen no damage on a bayern and 3 hits 3 modules no damage on omaha) I didn't get any damage. Ah well, I'll see what happens next game.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,426 battles

Saturation, modules, too thick armour... BB HE works just like any other HE

And 0 dmg fires just sound like instant dmg-con

• Cool 1

[CROPS]
Players
195 posts
13,702 battles

Omaha and thick armor dont go into same sentence :). Its just extremely bad luck. I easy get 15 k dmg in a single he salvo on omaha. He will even pen citadel if u get a good angle. It was just extremely bad luck. Probably saturation, area that u hit was already destroyed so u couldnt do any dmg.

• Cool 2

Players
0 posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like it was just a rather odd and rare situation :).

Next game went reasonably OK, although I managed to get a double-strike (which I'm guessing is least common in BB's!?)... looks like Nelson is going to be my 'oddity' :Smile_trollface:

shot-18_12.14_08_33.50-0508.thumb.jpg.5f68329c2f506bddf9d70b86e011e22e.jpg

shot-18_12.14_08_34.14-0231.thumb.jpg.d67450652713d04b27cd20379cf0f869.jpg

Sign in to follow this