Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Minimum requirements

15 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Can someone pls post the minimum hardware requirements  for WoWS? 

I did check the wiki and the front page but couldn’t find anything. 

[PMI]
Players
2,384 posts
5,598 battles

Probably the steam site has them listed, but I cba...

Its not like you want to play on min recomended spec anyways.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

I have an i5, my son has an i3. Both with 8GB memory DDR3,

a GFX card with 4Gig (mine) and 2Gig (son).  W7 (me) and W10 (son).

Running from the normal HD drive (no SSD).

Game runs perfectly smooth, the only difference is mine is at max-all and his slightly less.

Only thing, his PC takes ~30 sec longer to load the game. We both run full HD, getting 80-120FPS.

Players
925 posts
7,194 battles

Based on my experience, it'll run just fine on the integrated graphics of a second gen core i3 laptop. It wont look pretty, but it will work. 

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,596 battles

I have a Phenom II from 2011 (Overclocked to 4.1 ghz) with 8 gb of ram. I used to play this game on a Radeon HD 6790 in high details. Now I changed to an RX 580 and I play it at maximum settings. Runs very smoothly. Scenarios loads in 20 sec or so (I run the game and the OS from a SSD).
So, as far as you have spent at least 600 euros on your PC and it's less than 7 years old. It should run fine.

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,959 battles

Keep in mind that the game (and WoT for that matter) uses the hard drive for a lot of the loading of game resources (as opposed to available RAM) so try to avoid slower products in this category. The difference is quite noteworthy when loading into a battle and there used to be (not sure if there still is) issues with slower rendering in-game if you had a slow HDD.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles

Considering I could probably reach the smallest cap circle on the largest map in the South Carolina before some of the DD's start moving, I wonder if some people run it on a ZX81.

• Funny 2

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
7 hours ago, Armorin said:

Considering I could probably reach the smallest cap circle on the largest map in the South Carolina before some of the DD's start moving, I wonder if some people run it on a ZX81.

That is probably the internet connection. 

We have three PCs here running WoWS, the first connects to the game in 5secs, the others a bit later.

I tried to add 4, but indeed before that player enters the game the first one is already moving.

I think: too much Pr0N downloading in background... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

That is probably the internet connection. 

We have three PCs here running WoWS, the first connects to the game in 5secs, the others a bit later.

I tried to add 4, but indeed before that player enters the game the first one is already moving.

Interesting. What you describe suggests there could be some programming improvements, rather than the internet connection, or it would behave the same on all 3 PC's you have.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
1 minute ago, Armorin said:

Interesting. What you describe suggests there could be some programming improvements, rather than the internet connection, or it would behave the same on all 3 PC's you have.

It is not always the fastest PC that connects first though. 

When we play in division, the commander is always first and then the rest.

But even the 3rd one is usually already fully loaded before the game starts.

Players
93 posts
7,123 battles
On 12/16/2018 at 6:41 AM, Armorin said:

I couldn't get the game to run on my TI-85, which is a bummer.

Meanwhile I'm running it on a Core i5 with a mid-spec GPU, and it runs just fine maxed out. The latest Halloween scenario really hurt the frame rate, but generally it's very smooth. I'm running the game off an SSD and I generally enter the battles before my division buddies who have hard disks.  For such a simple game there's a lot of disk I/O.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,483 battles
1 minute ago, asalonen said:

Meanwhile I'm running it on a Core i5 with a mid-spec GPU, and it runs just fine maxed out. The latest Halloween scenario really hurt the frame rate, but generally it's very smooth. I'm running the game off an SSD and I generally enter the battles before my division buddies who have hard disks.  For such a simple game there's a lot of disk I/O.

These days its not so much about how good your CPU or GPU is. If you have random I/O occurring on a Magnetic Hard Disk, what you have is a crap system. Solid State Drives make a world of difference.

There is probably a lot of random I/O occurring on battle start up, as it loads up the required assets.

Sign in to follow this