Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ysterpyp

Wait for enough steel to get Stalin or get USS black (Ultimate crocodile camo)

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,576 battles

Hi all

 

I have the ultimate crocodile super economy bonus camo already purchased thanks to my ranked suffering.

 

My plan is to purchase the uss black ( i could of already if i not used some steel to get salem :Smile_facepalm:, not one of my proudest moments),

 

And without balansgrad i feel abit empty inside, ty WeeGee :P

 

Please let know what u think i should do

 

Also for those that do have the ultimate crocodile camo is the black fun to grind with in randoms (I mostly play my 3 freemuims these days Mighty mo , kronny and Jean bart and looking to expand my t9 fleet)

 

What are good games like with this camo , xp and free xp wise?

 

Thank you 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,273 posts
9,095 battles

There are a lot of excellent camos that wg throws in our face, i wouldnt buy the Black just because you have the camo...

 

I personally save for the Balancegrad.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,851 posts
8,298 battles

I hope you understand where i'm coming from with this one.

 

I would recommend the Balansgrad for a purely honest answer , all though I really wish you don't. 

 

It's trashing both the stats and Clans at the moment as it is a extremely strong ship (OP).  It's making many a casual Storm league clans a nightmare and widening the gap between casual players and elites. 

 

My Clan mates used to love playing the Black, but with the addition of other DD radar ships and hydro and its painfully slow torps, it's kinda been left out a tad. It's basically no longer unique.  However, it's a much more balanced ship and fun it seems. 

 

So the OPGrad but i truly hope you don't mate. 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,119 posts
5,033 battles

Perhaps Stalingrad is handy to have for clan battles?
Otherwise pick the ship you think you'll enjoy the most. I am saving my steel till they release the Azuma. 

 


@Redcap375 Ah, still stubborn and reluctant to facts I see. Wish I didn't spent so much time on explaining it to you 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,851 posts
8,298 battles
Just now, LemonadeWarrior said:

Perhaps Stalingrad is handy to have for clan battles?
Otherwise pick the ship you think you'll enjoy the most. I am saving my steel till they release the Azuma. 

 


@Redcap375 Ah, still stubborn and reluctant to facts I see. Wish I didn't spent so much time on explaining it to you 

 

Not even gonna bite, not worth it and too old for that stuff.

 

The man asked for an honest answer and i gave him one.  I hope he enjoys his choice as that's what it's about at the end of the day. :cap_tea:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,653 battles

Well, it depends on what you like the most. You played almost the same amount of games on DD, CA and BB, so no recommendation bassed on "your main class".

However, as stated above, if you play CB or any competititive environment (King of the sea) and you are one of the CA of the team, having Stalingrad will be handy for you and your clan (and any clan you decide to go if you decide to leave your current one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
3,068 posts
18,336 battles

I am in a similar doubt, however in CB I usually play dds so dont really know what mileage I will get from balansgrad there and in randoms i dont really like t10 that much, i play to learn ships and grind LUs ofc but acctually prefer t6-7 ships; hence I decided to wait untill the end of "steel harvest" and see how much I end up having maybee I could grab flint and black both

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,576 battles
17 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Well, it depends on what you like the most.

Its really hard to pick since i was a usn dd main before i switch to cruisers thanks to radar meta, i played over 650 battles in fletcher and have 2700 wtr so usn dd clicks with my play style but still i feel forced to get stalingrad because of that ap bounce angles which is abit to much for a ship of that type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,653 battles
4 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

Its really hard to pick since i was a usn dd main before i switch to cruisers thanks to radar meta, i played over 650 battles in fletcher and have 2700 wtr so usn dd clicks with my play style but still i feel forced to get stalingrad because of that ap bounce angles which is abit to much for a ship of that type.

The thing with Black is that you only can use it on Randoms/Coop. But I know that the combination of smoke and radar is very tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,581 posts
7,488 battles

Im gonna probably run into the same dilemma soon, just without the camo :Smile_smile:

 

- Black seems rather uninspiring to me... mostly because i dont play that many DDs anyway

- Stalin i only concider for CBs... Ive played some Divisions with Stalingrad, and it simply doesnt always deliver in randoms. It certainly is strong in CBs, and maybe a "must-have" ship as backup for that.

- Not sure about Bourgogne either for Randoms... maybe?

 

So basicly i have to decide

Stalin for mostly CBs or Bourgogne for Randoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,818 battles

Considering that there's bound to be an influx of more Balansgrads as people get steel through snowflakes and the other campaigns, combined with the happenstance that WG is obviously reluctant to apply direct nerfs to premium ships and sprinkle a wee bit "yeah, that Blansgrad appears to be a slight bit too much vodka comrade" on top I'd personally recommend getting the Balansgrad first because you never know if WG is simply going to pull her from general availability once average joe gets access to her and the previous "but her stats are only so good because exclusively unicum players have her" won't fly anymore.

 

 

Then again, the same could be said to some extent for all other steel ships, though for obvious *cough*CB*cough* reasons I'd guess most people are going to jump at the Balansgrad first and foremost.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,557 posts
8,240 battles
9 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I'd personally recommend getting the Balansgrad first because you never know if WG is simply going to pull her from general availability

 

Im sure this will happen sooner or later. Maybe there will be another campaign for steel, available for purchase, in the near future and at the same time theyll announce to pull stalin. Sounds like WG if you ask me :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,273 posts
9,095 battles
6 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I can see how Stalingrad may/would get pulled when a perfectly balanced legendary upgrade is made avalable for it :Smile_trollface:

Lets give it the Hindenburg's upgrade!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

And how long time does it take to invent Legendaries for Harugumo and Daring anyways?

All you have to do is increase some fire or flooding resistance with expense of main battery reload, torpedo reload, concealment, hitpoints, ruddershift, AA, armor, speed and give it long cooldown in smoke, and there you have a proper"sidegrade".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,264 posts
336 battles
6 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

Hi all

 

I have the ultimate crocodile super economy bonus camo already purchased thanks to my ranked suffering.

 

My plan is to purchase the uss black ( i could of already if i not used some steel to get salem :Smile_facepalm:, not one of my proudest moments),

 

And without balansgrad i feel abit empty inside, ty WeeGee :P

 

Please let know what u think i should do

 

Also for those that do have the ultimate crocodile camo is the black fun to grind with in randoms (I mostly play my 3 freemuims these days Mighty mo , kronny and Jean bart and looking to expand my t9 fleet)

 

What are good games like with this camo , xp and free xp wise?

 

Thank you 

Stalingrad no question asked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,467 battles

I would go for Stalingrad. Not because it's a great ship. It isn't.

But because WG might replace it with the Azuma and never bring it back. After what happened to Kronshtadt and Musashi, I wouldn't be surprised if WG did this.

 

PS: Black isn't going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,264 posts
336 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I would go for Stalingrad. Not because it's a great ship. It isn't.

But because WG might replace it with the Azuma and never bring it back. After what happened to Kronshtadt and Musashi, I wouldn't be surprised if WG did this.

 

PS: Black isn't going anywhere.

S is not great, it is epic

 

 

Izrezak.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,264 posts
336 battles
8 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

stalinstats.thumb.png.2cf51b8dab382278a24bd4318799603f.png

FTFY

No idea what did you post but this is not server stats of a ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,386 posts
5 hours ago, veslingr said:

No idea what did you post but this is not server stats of a ship

Since people like to wave around the server stats of the TX cruisers saying "See?! See?! Stalingrad overperforms!", this is the top10% of every ship except stalingrad. Since the latter is sailed by the top 10% for the most part anyway, ofcourse the overall stats are skewed. So I compared the overall stalingrad stats with the top 10% of other ships. And what do we see? Surprise, surprise, almost the same.

If you look at the top 10 players for each cruiser you will see that every other cruiser has players who do way more damage compared to the top 10 stalingrad players.

TLDR: If you get rekt by a stalingrad its not because you faced a superior ship, its because you faced a good player that will probably also rek you in a DM, Zao or Hindi.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,467 battles
20 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Since people like to wave around the server stats of the TX cruisers saying "See?! See?! Stalingrad overperforms!", this is the top10% of every ship except stalingrad. Since the latter is sailed by the top 10% for the most part anyway, ofcourse the overall stats are skewed. So I compared the overall stalingrad stats with the top 10% of other ships. And what do we see? Surprise, surprise, almost the same.

If you look at the top 10 players for each cruiser you will see that every other cruiser has players who do way more damage compared to the top 10 stalingrad players.

TLDR: If you get rekt by a stalingrad its not because you faced a superior ship, its because you faced a good player that will probably also rek you in a DM, Zao or Hindi.

Hey, you forgot the disclaimer. Don't worry, I'll put it up for you:

 

"This message has been brought to you by a Stalingrad owner, who will stoop as low as he can to prevent the ship from being nerfed by WG."

 

Also a personal note, Stalingrad has already reached your personal top 10 of most played ships and it has been released only recently. I wonder why...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,273 posts
9,095 battles
18 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

 

 

Also a personal note, Stalingrad has already reached your personal top 10 of most played ships and it has been released only recently. I wonder why...

Because its the same strong as Zao or Hindenburg 😂

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,705 posts
20,674 battles
21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Hey, you forgot the disclaimer. Don't worry, I'll put it up for you:

 

"This message has been brought to you by a Stalingrad owner, who will stoop as low as he can to prevent the ship from being nerfed by WG."

 

Also a personal note, Stalingrad has already reached your personal top 10 of most played ships and it has been released only recently. I wonder why...

 

I ve had Balansgrad for months, never played it. I might have played 1 coop battle in it to get the anniversary bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×