Sign in to follow this  
Tatsfield

Glare on screen obscures game comms window text

5 comments in this topic

[EDAR]
Players
38 posts
5,696 battles

Totally unnecessary graphics glare on the tactical screen obscures the games communications window text.  This doesn't happen in every map but on some maps I cannot read what my team mates are saying and that causes problems.  The glare on the surface of the sea is just eye candy and serves no purpose.  Hasn't anyone, including WG programmers, ever noticed this self inflicted injury?   Can it not be either removed or moved to a place on the screen where it doesn't coincide with the comms window?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,585 posts
6,874 battles
28 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

Totally unnecessary graphics glare on the tactical screen obscures the games communications window text.  This doesn't happen in every map but on some maps I cannot read what my team mates are saying and that causes problems.  The glare on the surface of the sea is just eye candy and serves no purpose.  Hasn't anyone, including WG programmers, ever noticed this self inflicted injury?   Can it not be either removed or moved to a place on the screen where it doesn't coincide with the comms window?

Hold RMB. Turn your camera. Problem solved

[EDAR]
Players
38 posts
5,696 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Hold RMB. Turn your camera. Problem solved 

I'm glad there is a solution to this problem; if only I understood what that meant :Smile_facepalm:.

Please take pity on an illiterate and explain exactly what I have to do to remove the glare from behind the comms window.

Thanks.:Smile_Default:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,585 posts
6,874 battles
26 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

I'm glad there is a solution to this problem; if only I understood what that meant :Smile_facepalm:.

Please take pity on an illiterate and explain exactly what I have to do to remove the glare from behind the comms window.

Thanks.:Smile_Default:

When you hold RMB (right mouse button) you can freely look around without turning your guns together with the camera.

Next step of turning your camera (a.k.a. moving your mouse sideways) lets you to change what is on your screen, thus you can put the chatbox on some "better" background if you really need to read it.

Generally there's nothing useful anyway, so I wouldn't bother with it too much

[EDAR]
Players
38 posts
5,696 battles

I think I'm now aware why I didn't understand your advice.  I'm not talking about any effects seen on the battle screen.  I'm talking about the tactical map accessed by pressing the "M" key.  The RMB and camera has no effect on the background to this map.  The glare which can incapacitate the text window is only present on some maps and at some times but it is merely a graphics eye candy effect and serves no purpose and is not actionable with any keyboard commands. Players have no control over the tactical map graphics.  I'm asking that WG remove these glare areas as they serve no purpose other than to in capacitate the readability of the text window.  This problem is most felt by CV players who stay in the tactical screen for most of the game  Other players may never need to access it and see all their comms text on the battle screen.  This may not matter so much when the revised CV operation system comes into effect but currently between juggling with aircraft attack handling, ship movement and tactical reconnaissance, there is little time to look at the comms window and it being obstructed by the silly glare graphics makes it worse.  Now got a picture.  Glare in lower left corner but it can be anywhere in that area and often on comms window.

I don't think there is any workaround that other players might suggest.  I'm hoping WG read this and consider toning down the decorative graphics on the tactical map screen.

Capture.PNG

Sign in to follow this