Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BJEagleDK

10 Guineas for the price of 1

22 comments in this topic

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles

Thanks a lot WG... I just wish you would have presented me with that offer 2 hours ago - before I bought 6 Guineas for the price of 6 to get my COSSACK... :cap_money:

I get all about the good ententions. The funny thing is that I was satisfied with my purchase, but now I feel cheated. Timing is key... :Smile_facepalm:

EDIT 16:14

To clarify - what I am complaining about it the pop-up to notify oblivious players - who dont spend their time browsing forums or WGs premium shop while being logged in - arrives so late after the event is done.
I do not recall at any time having seem this offer described in any news either, but I admit I might have missed it burried somewhere during the last two months...

Edited by BJEagleDK
clarification
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,707 posts
27,805 battles
Just now, BJEagleDK said:

Thanks a lot WG... I just wish you would have presented me with that offer 2 hours ago - before I bought 6 Guineas for the price of 6 to get my COSSACK... :cap_money:

I get all about the good ententions. The funny thing is that I was satisfied with my purchase, but now I feel cheated. Timing is key... :Smile_facepalm:

Ehhhh that offer had been running through the entire event.... maybe open your eyes

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,653 battles
2 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Ehhhh that offer had been running through the entire event.... maybe open your eyes

^This! Also, there were posts on the forum talking about that 10 guinea offer. The only need to see the offer is being logged in with your account. That has been allways a requisit to see speciall offers (like tachibana and smith for less than 1€, Texas for less than 9€, etc...).

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Really? Enlighten me where I can see that information and why on earth it is not in the premium shop then?

You realize I'm talking about a personal one-time offer popping up in-game - 10 Guinas for about 1 Euro?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,371 posts
Vor 1 Minute, BJEagleDK sagte:

and why on earth it is not in the premium shop then?

you mean "as not" as this?

guihju.thumb.JPG.7a2fb6ffb069fe08389efc1fa30f018e.JPG

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
5 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

^This! Also, there were posts on the forum talking about that 10 guinea offer. The only need to see the offer is being logged in with your account. That has been allways a requisit to see speciall offers (like tachibana and smith for less than 1€, Texas for less than 9€, etc...). 

So why does it pop up now - so late after the event is done (and after I go and buy them with no discount)?
Note not everybody reads forums all the time...

EDIT - yes I see it now in the shop when I'm logged in. But I did it the other way around - entering the shop, pressing buy and then logging in to pay. So there we have it.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,934 posts
6,161 battles
5 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

Really? Enlighten me where I can see that information and why on earth it is not in the premium shop then?

So why does it pop up now - so late after the event is done (and after I go and buy them with no discount)?

I bought my bundle over 1,5 months ago (22.09). That's not exactly late, is it? :Smile_trollface:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,402 posts
8,795 battles
1 minute ago, BJEagleDK said:

why on earth it is not in the premium shop then?

It certainly was in the online version, as that's where I got mine from (weeks ago), but you did need to be logged in.

The offer was a 'one per person' thing, and those are always not visible until you log into the store. For example, last I looked, when I log in a cheapness for Huanghe and Texas pop up, which I can't see before logging in...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,795 battles

And those that don't (or don't pay any attention to community contributors or special offers or don't read the patch notes) don't have the right to complain about it.

Players
4,506 posts
8,204 battles

It was/is there for me since day 1?

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
15 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

I bought my bundle over 1,5 months ago (22.09). That's not exactly late, is it? :Smile_trollface:

Which I did not know existed...

And I'm talking about the pop-up notification about the offer arriving late. Clearly I had no clue when the offfer itself started, but that is irrelevant.

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
15 minutes ago, domen3 said:

And those that don't (or don't pay any attention to community contributors or special offers or don't read the patch notes) don't have the right to complain about it.

Please direct me to the patch notes that states a 10 for 1 Guinas offer will be available, because I usually reads them in full and have no recollection of seeing any such thing.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,707 posts
27,805 battles

Clearly I had no clue when the offfer itself started, but that is irrelevant.

Not when you're complaining about the timing of the offer...

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Not when you're complaining about the timing of the offer... 

did I now?

" you would have presented me with that offer "

So talking about the timing of the in-game pop-up

Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles

I can't help you with the patch notes. But I can confirm that there are sometimes personal offers in the store and that these, for obvious reasons, don't show unless and until you are logged in. It took a while for me to realize this, as well.

Basically, you've just had a piece of bad luck, op. I wouldn't let it stop me from enjoying my Cossack, if I were you!

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,707 posts
27,805 battles
3 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

did I now?

" you would have presented me with that offer "

So talking about the timing of the in-game pop-up

But that was not what you complained about originally in your opening post.... You can edit all you want trying to look better

• Bad 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,527 posts
1,358 battles
19 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

EDIT - yes I see it now in the shop when I'm logged in. But I did it the other way around - entering the shop, pressing buy and then logging in to pay. So there we have it.

We mentioned this offer in several articles, but we understand that some players might have missed it and therefore added a popup for players who could still make use of it. It is available to everyone since the beginning of the Royal Navy arc.

As this offer is limited to 1 per account, it requires you to be logged in and is not visible otherwise.

In case you do not want to read all the news, we also recently introduced weekly recap articles in regards to offers and events, which should help to keep track of all things WoWs. ;)

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

But that was not what you complained about originally in your opening post.... You can edit all you want trying to look better 

Dont accuse me of lying or modifying the truth just because you jump to conclusions. All I edited is below the edit line which is why its there in case you need clarification.

So yes - what I just quoted to you is exactly what I started this topic with.

And I look super gorgeous regardless of what I write :Smile_child:

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,336 battles
6 minutes ago, Sehales said:

We mentioned this offer in several articles, but we understand that some players might have missed it and therefore added a popup for players who could still make use of it. It is available to everyone since the beginning of the Royal Navy arc.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure some people will be glad for the pop-up reminder, but as clearly illustrated you should probably have put it up as sson as the event was over. Thats just my two cents.

About the shop and "personal" offers, maybe you would want to make that more obvious somehow. Either ask for login to enter the shop or state that such things might be available if you log in.

Apart from that you are free to lock this topic - I fear it is already about to be derailed into who said what when.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,527 posts
1,358 battles
20 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure some people will be glad for the pop-up reminder, but as clearly illustrated you should probably have put it up as sson as the event was over. Thats just my two cents.

About the shop and "personal" offers, maybe you would want to make that more obvious somehow. Either ask for login to enter the shop or state that such things might be available if you log in.

Apart from that you are free to lock this topic - I fear it is already about to be derailed into who said what when.

:Smile_great:

I will forward your feedback.

Thread closed. :)

Edited by Sehales
  • Cool 1