You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Bad CV players and their increasing frequency

26 comments in this topic

Players
71 posts
8,609 battles

I've played four top tier games this morning, three of which were lost due to CV players not having a clue.  One numbskull in a Taiho even sailed straight into an enemy cap circle and was gunned down by a Tirpitz who was about 5 k away ... and no this wasn't a connection failure as I watched him sail around islands to achieve this.

Whilst I can understand and maybe even laugh at new carrier captains doing silly things at tier 4, my sense of humour evaporates when the same thing happens at tier 10.

I'm not a fan of Carriers and don't enjoy games when they are present.   In my opinion these ships are too powerful to be put into the hands of one player and can dominate or lose a game all on their own.

I dread to think what Wargaming has in store for us with the coming update ... but if the 'carrier content' continues to overide good gameplay and fun I can imagine a lot of players walking away from an already troubled game.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[OP]
Beta Tester
318 posts
2,821 battles

Just wait for the rework. We all know the current carriers are flawed.

It comes down to waiting and to not care too much when you are in a cv battle.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,435 posts
13,843 battles

What you're complaining about can be applied to literally every class with their individual less match impact made up for by sheer numbers. At least CVs are easily countered.

E.g. just because all my DDs are completely :etc_swear: and suicide at the start of the match, leaving my team in a practically unwinnable position, doesn't mean DDs are broken and should be nerfed or sth along those lines.

As for waiting on the rework, I can assure you that the skill gap in testing has actually proven to be much worse than it is currently so.

And finally regarding player numbers, nothing has changed. People prophesying that players will leave the game because of CVs are still waiting for that to happen 2 years later.

Ironically tho the rework on the other hand has a pretty big chance of killing this game.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,596 battles

Hey, usually I DO go to the frontline with my IJN carriers and I get pretty good results with that (at least until tier 9).

• Cool 2

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

People prophesying that players will leave the game because of CVs are still waiting for that to happen 2 years later.

Ironically tho the rework on the other hand has a pretty big chance of killing this game.

irony much? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,303 posts
9,548 battles

Only difference to bad players in any other class is that CVs with their lower presence in matches make it more easily noticable.

You don't want to know how many DDs, CA/CLs and BBs I've seen gleefully suiciding the last couple days.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,435 posts
13,843 battles
24 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

irony much? :Smile_teethhappy:

...Yeah, now that I think about the average player seems to be a glutton for punishment anyway considering how abysmal they are and continue to be.

So nevermind that. :)

• Funny 1

Players
468 posts
245 battles

Yeah i've noticed a large number of cv players from both allied and enemy teams who have no clue on how to actually strafe and do some questionable tactics while playing. Such as flinging planes at the nearest AA cruiser or just attacking ships that are not the pirority or are having minimal impact on the game itself.

That and sometimes they get outplayed or destroyed (rangers vs the tier 7 ijn equivalent).

Im not looking forward to the CV rework.

Beta Tester
3,909 posts
13,851 battles
5 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Yeah i've noticed a large number of cv players from both allied and enemy teams who have no clue on how to actually strafe of the game at all and do some questionable tactics while playing

ftfy

• Cool 2

Players
408 posts
4,215 battles

most cv players are terrible.  Attack offensive planes? what does that mean? Nah, focus on selfish dmg farming and they are equally as bad at that. Not to mention sitting in a Worcester or DM they will send their planes close to me and I'm not the only ship left alive. Really bad players out lately.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,008 posts
8,072 battles
55 minutes ago, CraftyVeteran said:

most cv players are terrible.  Attack offensive planes? what does that mean? Nah, focus on selfish dmg farming and they are equally as bad at that. Not to mention sitting in a Worcester or DM they will send their planes close to me and I'm not the only ship left alive. Really bad players out lately.

To be honest most random players are the same selfish damage hoes.

Yamato sailing alone at the flank, or Z-52 yoloing into the cap in the first minute and complaining about the cv not helping...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,166 battles
3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

Most players ask for unreasonable demands from their CV

Most players don't know how CV's work.

Most players are over reliant on their CV

Most players don't even notice when their CV saves them.

Some players don't notice how much support their CV is actually giving thme

Some players expect their CV to do everything for them

Some players expect their CV t osolo win the game.

Last weekend most DD players were truely bad.

Some  DDs rush off to cap and die just as your aircraft are getting airborne then all you get is "wtf CV, shi* CV" etc etc

The amount of crap you get as a CV is unbelieveable.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Players
36 posts

Amazing how may player seem think bombers exist to sit over enemy ships to spot them and not actually attack.

Or how a carrier with one fighter group can spot at one side of the map while simultaneously shooting down a flight of torpedo bomber and two of dive bombers 

[WTFNO]
Players
202 posts
4,716 battles
2 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Amazing how may player seem think bombers exist to sit over enemy ships to spot them and not actually attack.

Well, to be fair delaying your next bomb strike a little so that your team can sink a spotted DD can be much more interesting battle-wise.

Agree with the second point though. You can still try to warn the isolated ships in chat, 'I will NOT cover you if you stay alone there'.

Results may vary :D

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,596 battles
19 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Or how a carrier with one fighter group can spot at one side of the map while simultaneously shooting down a flight of torpedo bomber and two of dive bombers 

In one of my battles with Zuiho (2 vs 2 cvs) I had to deal with both enemy fighter squads by myself. I managed to gain air superiority using my AA. Still two of my fighters were flying. Enemy Zuiho send a torpedo attack, managed to whipe out one squad and shoot down two torpedo planes from the second one before running out of ammo. Two torpedo bombers and the dive bomber squad attacked one of our bbs.

Said bb started blinking and I ask what the [edited]he wanted. He answered "Use your damn brain!!!"

Say... What???

• Funny 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,322 posts
3,908 battles

Only thing that troubles me with the "CV changes" and it being said will balance the play out is how?... will it be that no matter how bad or good you are the CV are just dull point and click with no skill? as if skill is required your going to see the same problem!... maybe they think removing the fighters will let crappy  not so good players have planes for longer (then again did they not say the planes will be sort of unlimited!).

And the games that the bad players would lose there aircraft quick was quite a lot of the time down to poor targets that had strong AA.

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles
18 hours ago, Aotearas said:

You don't want to know how many DDs, CA/CLs and BBs I've seen gleefully suiciding the last couple days.

You know what came to my mind when i read that?

Is it actually more worth for bad players to die in 3 mins, and get like 200-400XP, rather than try to survive and play for 20 mins when they can earn 600-1200 XP? I mean, they certainly wont get many high XP games as they are simply too bad.

If they die after couple of mins, leave battle -> next ship, rinse and repeat. Its only little XP each time, but overall probably more for them :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,303 posts
9,548 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Is it actually more worth for bad players to die in 3 mins, and get like 200-400XP, rather than try to survive and play for 20 mins when they can earn 600-1200 XP? I mean, they certainly wont get many high XP games as they are simply too bad.

If they die after couple of mins, leave battle -> next ship, rinse and repeat. Its only little XP each time, but overall probably more for them :cap_hmm:

Well, that's basically how progression botting works Just play a sh*tton of games and even miniscule rewards are steadily accumulating.

You could do the math with average rewards at typical stages of a match. diminishing returns and offset that with time investment, but I'm not sure we'd want people to do that :cap_book:

Players
733 posts
8,170 battles
26 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Man I must have been doing it wrong for all the time I've been playing this game. Playing for the win, playing to survive.... **** that! Suiciding xp farming is where it's at! 

• Funny 3

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,166 battles

Literally just had a game. Two enemy Des Moines alive until the end of the game. I shot down 34 enemy planes but did ~10,000 damage. Should have gone afk.

You know why?   Their Des Monies carried them, coudent strike at all, completely locked out of the game.

My team needed to kill them but never did. I'm not sure they had the chance, out played.

[PC]
Players
85 posts

Do we still have to discuss the impact of CV's?
I thought it was generally accepted that they can have an un-proportional impact on a battle, yet in this thread there are several who write "Your DDs/BBs can also be bad and get instantly sunk". Yes they can, however, most often the team consist of several DDs/BBs, so you still stand a chance of having some decent ones.

I would compare a terrible CV to loosing all your DDs in a non CV game, you lost all scouting and torp capability.

Please take a look at the attached stat comparison of a game the other night, it's matchups like this that pours more fuel onto the fire.

At 20% WR you don't have clue, you can't strafe, you group all your attacking squads with your fighters and fly them all in a big heap, waiting to get wiped by an enemy strafe. Match such a player with a super-unicum and you will have 11 other players hate CVs.

I still wonder if a rework was the only option, I feel sorry for all the dedicated CV players who will miss the different play style that it offers. Did WG even try some kind of altered matchmaking that would stop matchups like the one I posted?

Look at clan battles were you face clans depending on you progress, WG could have implemented several divisions that you move up and down, depending on your skill. You could then have the MM pick players from the same or nearby divisions, but never one from the bottom and one from the top divisions.

OutClubbing.jpg

[ITA_C]
Players
231 posts
6,718 battles
7 minutes ago, Reckie said:

Do we still have to discuss the impact of CV's?
I thought it was generally accepted that they can have an un-proportional impact on a battle, yet in this thread there are several who write "Your DDs/BBs can also be bad and get instantly sunk". Yes they can, however, most often the team consist of several DDs/BBs, so you still stand a chance of having some decent ones.

I would compare a terrible CV to loosing all your DDs in a non CV game, you lost all scouting and torp capability.

Please take a look at the attached stat comparison of a game the other night, it's matchups like this that pours more fuel onto the fire.

At 20% WR you don't have clue, you can't strafe, you group all your attacking squads with your fighters and fly them all in a big heap, waiting to get wiped by an enemy strafe. Match such a player with a super-unicum and you will have 11 other players hate CVs.

I still wonder if a rework was the only option, I feel sorry for all the dedicated CV players who will miss the different play style that it offers. Did WG even try some kind of altered matchmaking that would stop matchups like the one I posted?

OutClubbing.jpg

This is the example of a premium cv with a good capitan ws a silver cv with (i do not know how to describe that 20%) a way worse than bot capitan.

It's a bit too extreme to be taken as the average

About the 1st question yes because is generally accepted between the one's who do not understand how cv work so yes is generally accepted but is wrong

• Cool 1

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles
48 minutes ago, Reckie said:

WG could have implemented several divisions that you move up and down, depending on your skill. You could then have the MM pick players from the same or nearby divisions, but never one from the bottom and one from the top divisions.

I see where you are coming from, but there are several things, that are problematic about it.

- How many divisions do you propose? Already right now, there arent that many CVs around in the queue. You´d probably wait forever for a match.

- So once you start getting better and win a lot of games, you´d move up a division. Then you´d naturally start to lose a lot more. Which is bad, since randoms is all about XP/credits/economy and so on. Cant be justified.

- When playing constantly against people of your skilllevel - especially when you are low-skill - you wont learn anything. You´d get away with not using manual attacks, bad gameplay etc, and would do well, in terms on WR. Because those 20%-guys would constantly meet each other, hardly ever move up in your skill-divisions (and if, they´d come down again very soon). At the same time, they´d get pretty much the same rewards, aka XP/credits, as the best players in their class, since they are constantly playing against the best players only.

• Cool 1