You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Lupastro_

Changes to the karma system

15 comments in this topic

Players
30 posts
2,011 battles

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my bad English.:Smile_facepalm:
This Christmas spirit and Santa's Gifts gave me the opportunity to think a variation of the current  "karma system" that doesn't seem to help much at present.
I don't know if something like this has already been proposed in the past that if you'd already talked about pretend nothing :P.

The current system of karma will award a +1 karma to an opposing player or teammate to merits of skill or education, that is very cool but doesn't leave anything concrete.
Why don't we hit an opposing player or your team with an extra container? even small maybe.
Currently every 2000 12500 and over 30000 exp points you will be awarded with a container, maybe WG could add 2 bonus karma container reaching 25000 exp, one by donating and one for themselves, provided that, for the latter is necessary during a session of play giving to others the karma bonus container reached.

Doing so both would be awarded  and you would have a concrete motivation and a prize for education and commitment in game.

Of course we can discuss about  limits type like ban donate it to clan members to avoid a "close prize system to friends " or other.

Alternatively we could put step goals. for example, every 25 karma points a container ... Although I like most the first solution...
What do you think?

I know my English seems Klingon...:Smile_hiding:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[HARF]
Players
315 posts
10,086 battles

Very open to abuse. Lets all give each other +1 and reap the benefits maybe?

I know the current version is pointless but this could be even worse with all due respect. Like the sentiment though.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

I agree with Chiledip. It is a nice thought, but it would be too open for abuse. Not only in that people could trade karma with each other, but it would also give those players that negrep others for spite or other irrelevant reasons (such as choice of ship, for example), a real and actual impact on your in-game benefits. I don't think that would be a good idea.

But don't let this stop you from brainstorming, Captain Lupastro! This kind of discussion is how new ideas are born!

Players
30 posts
2,011 battles
18 minuti fa, Chiledip ha scritto:

Very open to abuse. Lets all give each other +1 and reap the benefits maybe?

I know the current version is pointless but this could be even worse with all due respect. Like the sentiment though.

Perhaps I explained bad.
with this system you would have the opportunity to reward only 1 player per day. only 1 upon reaching 25000 exp (for example) you get 2 extra containers one to be donated as a reward karma and one for yourself. only if you have previously donated the karma bonus.

in a random battle the opportunity to "Exchange" between the same players, maybe friends seem remote.

but I accept all criticism or suggestions :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

If I want to compliment another player for playing well or generally being a good team mate, a karma point is usually enough. If I want to go beyond that, I will send a written compliment either in the chat or in a post-battle message. Having someone tell you, personally, that they appreciate you as a good player, would mean more than just another loot crate, to me.

• Cool 1

[HARF]
Players
315 posts
10,086 battles
10 minutes ago, _Lupastro_ said:

Perhaps I explained bad.
with this system you would have the opportunity to reward only 1 player per day. only 1 upon reaching 25000 exp (for example) you get 2 extra containers one to be donated as a reward karma and one for yourself. only if you have previously donated the karma bonus.

in a random battle the opportunity to "Exchange" between the same players, maybe friends seem remote.

but I accept all criticism or suggestions :Smile_honoring:

I misunderstood, you are right. That sounds more feasible,but people will still be gifting friends rather than random good players in the main unless steps were taken to ensure that this doesn't happen. Not sure if this is possible or not.

Like you I would like to see good play and good manners rewarded.

Players
3,338 posts
5,806 battles
1 minute ago, Chiledip said:

That sounds more feasible,but people will still be gifting friends rather than random good players in the main unless steps were taken to ensure that this doesn't happen. Not sure if this is possible or not.

I know atleast one way, how that is possible: Play Co-Op at 5 AM. You will 99,99% of the times be in the same team together, if 2 guys click in.

@_Lupastro_ its a nice thought, but people would exploit even the smallest possible benefits. So, in a perfect world, I´d really like you idea. It would animate people to show teamwork, help each other out, and so on. In reality, we would see people clicking in, beeing afk and what else just to get some extra loot.

[HARF]
Players
315 posts
10,086 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I know atleast one way, how that is possible: Play Co-Op at 5 AM. You will 99,99% of the times be in the same team together, if 2 guys click in.

@_Lupastro_ its a nice thought, but people would exploit even the smallest possible benefits. So, in a perfect world, I´d really like you idea. It would animate people to show teamwork, help each other out, and so on. In reality, we would see people clicking in, beeing afk and what else just to get some extra loot.

That's what I was thinking,pretty much impossible to prevent abuse. Even if they limited 1 gift to the same player only 1 time in 12 months it would still be abused in some way such as contacting one another on 3rd party sites to arrange swaps. Maybe people will just arrange swaps in in-game chat. Either way I can't see a way to prevent abuse.

Shame because I like the idea in principle.

[W-C]
Players
423 posts
1,775 battles

Continuing the brainstorm...

It would probably kind of defeat the purpose... but having, for example, the container automatically 'gifted' to the first player you meet in game who get's a heroic achievement (on either team? or just on yours? what if this earned them more than 1 container from different players?)?

Bit of a shame to still miss the opportunity to manually choose to reward those rare considerate DD's that drop smoke for you or whatever.

hmmm...

[TOAST]
Players
1,990 posts
25,644 battles

I always say WP to any player that plays well and offer him/her a chance of a division or 2 games, and then maybe make some babies if we get on great.

Players
467 posts
245 battles

I can see the reasoning behind the post and its a nice idea, but like others have said it can be abused which is a shame because it's a nice idea.

shame that human nature prevents it.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Players
1,350 posts
10,812 battles
On 12/13/2018 at 3:41 PM, _Lupastro_ said:

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my bad English.:Smile_facepalm:
This Christmas spirit and Santa's Gifts gave me the opportunity to think a variation of the current  "karma system" that doesn't seem to help much at present.
I don't know if something like this has already been proposed in the past that if you'd already talked about pretend nothing :P.

The current system of karma will award a +1 karma to an opposing player or teammate to merits of skill or education, that is very cool but doesn't leave anything concrete.
Why don't we hit an opposing player or your team with an extra container? even small maybe.
Currently every 2000 12500 and over 30000 exp points you will be awarded with a container, maybe WG could add 2 bonus karma container reaching 25000 exp, one by donating and one for themselves, provided that, for the latter is necessary during a session of play giving to others the karma bonus container reached.

Doing so both would be awarded  and you would have a concrete motivation and a prize for education and commitment in game.

Of course we can discuss about  limits type like ban donate it to clan members to avoid a "close prize system to friends " or other.

Alternatively we could put step goals. for example, every 25 karma points a container ... Although I like most the first solution...
What do you think?

I know my English seems Klingon...:Smile_hiding:

Karma is a useless tool introduced only for "venting the frustration". It is so open for abuse and so subjective, that it can't be used as a measure for any rewards or punishments. 

WG simply doesn't want to devote resources for game administration, so they created worthless "reports" which go straight to /dev/null so everybody feels somehow relieved. And the "support", even if ticketed, can then happily limit their work to redirecting customers to the "report system". 

Players
30 posts
4,016 battles

A compliment in chat is the best reward for me. A +1 "karma" is good, but I use it when I fail to follow a good player in the game and I see the statistics at the end of the battle.

the real problem is in negative "karma". the players report everything that they dont like; a noob in the particular ship, a bad player, a "camper", a DD player who get early in cap and get killed, etc. 

We want a reliable system to ban the jerks. Not a bad player or a noob, but a real jerk that spam in chat or give the position of his team8 to the enemy or whatever u have face in the game. They r few, but they exist.

we need a way to report (with facts) those players and they must loose their accounts after the 3rd time they reported.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,350 posts
10,812 battles
23 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

A compliment in chat is the best reward for me. A +1 "karma" is good, but I use it when I fail to follow a good player in the game and I see the statistics at the end of the battle.

the real problem is in negative "karma". the players report everything that they dont like; a noob in the particular ship, a bad player, a "camper", a DD player who get early in cap and get killed, etc. 

We want a reliable system to ban the jerks. Not a bad player or a noob, but a real jerk that spam in chat or give the position of his team8 to the enemy or whatever u have face in the game. They r few, but they exist.

we need a way to report (with facts) those players and they must loose their accounts after the 3rd time they reported.

What you want needs some investment in human moderators. WG doesn't want to invest money in that. You can send your reports (to /dev/null) or write a ticket and receive semi-automated copied-pasted redirection to ... the reporting system. Or (lol) the forum. Cheap'n'fast. 

• Cool 1