You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

King of the Ring Competition - Get a Jean Bart! - Discussion Thread

37 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
550 posts
8,583 battles

There is just one problem with that - twilight battles are for ships out of tech trees, so you cannot grind a line there. 

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
Players
209 posts
12,144 battles

Yaay an other grind for the best players ....

Spoiler

A.K.A. sleepless accounts

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles

A free Speed flag after which I can forget about this? Guess I'll take it

Going to be too grindy to bother with it anyway

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2 posts
702 battles

Does this mean that update 0.7.12 comes out December 19? Since it says it will end near the update since the update is removing it. I really want to get my hand on the Musashi before it is removed, and i will be able to do so on Christmas day, is this too late?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles
1 hour ago, tobiadragon said:

Does this mean that update 0.7.12 comes out December 19?

20th

Musashi's removed on the patch after that, so you have another month to get her

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
2 hours ago, HappyViking8 said:

Jeeesus i really hate this type promotion. So people with normal lives have zero chance to win any of it. why not do the avg of the best 10 games

That is actually very good idea, but not 10 battles make them 50 and we have a winner:Smile_medal:

2 hours ago, tobiadragon said:

Does this mean that update 0.7.12 comes out December 19? Since it says it will end near the update since the update is removing it. I really want to get my hand on the Musashi before it is removed, and i will be able to do so on Christmas day, is this too late?

oooh you have enough time to get that useless piece of **** :Smile_great:

• Bad 2

Players
268 posts

I'll give it a miss. Too much playing time involved to even stand any chance of winning something decent like the Bart ship. Anyway, I currently have 37 doubloons saved now given free doing the RN missions and there's a new 20% discount coupon on ships coming on the 25th Dec. I'll wait for that now to appear in-game, then get the Cossack for free.

Players
53 posts
45 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

I don't know if it is useless now, I still don't have it, but considering the new CV rework (and if this ship stays the way it is now, with basically no AA) we could say that Musashi will be useless for sure when the new carriers go live. I have enough coal to buy it from Arsenal, but I really have my doubts if I should do so. I'm afraid I'll have a very expensive museum exhibit rusting in my port.

As for the competition - it sounds nice for people who can play a lot this weekend. Sadly (or luckily....), I'm not one of them.

Players
268 posts

I personally would not buy the Musashi . Most playing it tend to seem nervous of moving from the same spot they start the game on. Like they don't want to get spotted and just farm damage from 24k range (how boring a gameplay is that). CV love it because it's AA is rubbish, other ships target it as soon as spotted and it moves in range. Na, I'd sooner spend the coal on something like the T9 Salam Cruiser instead. More fun to play and not a bullet magnet to shoot at like the Musashi usually always seems to be. It gets too much attention really, same way the Nelson does and why I wouldn't get that either.

The Bart isn't too bad as a T9 BB, it doesn't suffer from the same fate as the Nelson/Musashi and has the speed to escape any trouble it gets into. It also has decent AA and decent secondary base range of 7k (not sure how good the secondary are though), but the AA is rated on it as being the best of the T9 ships. And it shoots 24k with a short reload of 26 seconds. Looks to be an well rounded ship in all departments to use... I think, for more enjoyable playing.

Players
38 posts

1. For people which enjoyed this type of battle i`m sure its just fine. You can not grind the tech tree but you get a lot of elite captain xp and that its something, no?

I, for one, will pass. "New" ships, new set of rules, new consumables, a little too much of everything.

And the prizes, one container of flags or camos (with a chance to win Krasny)... nope.

2. Musashi is not a bad ship, its baby Yamato with poor aa. The guns are awesome, armor fairly good, aa bad. And you can obtain the ship for "free", meaning playing a lot and harvesting free xp, easy to do within operations (like i do now with            chapayev or cleveland.... up to 20-25k, with flags and camo).

If you dont show the broadside and stay behind cruisers with good aa, you will be suprised. On a personal note, the sound of her guns is awesome.

3. Just my opinion, dont shoot the messenger :)

Dont forget to enjoy the game, the most important thing.

Good luck and have fun.

[SCRUB]
Players
962 posts
7,749 battles

Would be fine if it wasn't the freaking Twilight missions. 

I am sick to death of having Halloween content shoved down our throats for something like three months now, it was a one day holiday and deserved maybe a two week operation at best. Having missions right up until 5 days before Christmas just feels so wrong. 

Also would like to point out that once again running all these things constantly is another contributing factor to player burnout. 

Furthermore, slightly off-topic, can we please get simple xp missions like the dailys made completable in Clan Battles? Again, not doing so equals burnout, just fyi...

Players
7 posts
3,773 battles

I have been waiting to see the requirements of these Twilight Combat Missions - they're out now and they are plain ridiculous.

100,000,000 HP "Damage to Ships"

100,000,000 HP "Damage by Ramming"

10,000x "Set on Fire"

10,000x "Torpedo Hits"

1,000,000,000 HP of "Potential Damage"

3 days to fulfill objectives! I (wouldn't) say it is totally impossible, but even playing 24/7 Twilight battles for 3 days straight would hardly yield such results.

I've played at least few Twilight battles every day, since they were introduced. In a torpedo boat (Ghoul), I usually get 8 - 12 torpedo hits / battle, ~20 the most. Same for fires in a gunboat (Razorworm, Octopus), I have rammed no more then 2-3 ships during the whole event! Leviathan and Scrab are mainly AP shooters, and there are no "Citadel Hits" ribbons given as alternative to "Set on Fire", at least. Rasputin can hardly citadel anything, but a broadside CA, and Steel Rat's role is teamplay (healing, smoking), so very often I cause just a little damage, when using her, mainly in closing stages of battles (if not destroyed by then).

Moreover, objectives of different stages can't be fulfilled at the same time - results from the 1st stage are not counted towards the following one.

This "King of the Ring" missions seem a lot like "no go" - grinding Coal for Jean Bart is lots of times easier.

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
3,898 battles

OMG the amount of whine and complaining. I think its a great way to end the event and fun game mode. I will definitely partake. If you dont like it, no need for you to do so.

3 hours ago, _JesuS_LoveS_YoU_ said:

I have been waiting to see the requirements of these Twilight Combat Missions - they're out now and they are plain ridiculous.

100,000,000 HP "Damage to Ships"

100,000,000 HP "Damage by Ramming"

10,000x "Set on Fire"

10,000x "Torpedo Hits"

1,000,000,000 HP of "Potential Damage"

3 days to fulfill objectives! I (wouldn't) say it is totally impossible, but even playing 24/7 Twilight battles for 3 days straight would hardly yield such results.

I've played at least few Twilight battles every day, since they were introduced. In a torpedo boat (Ghoul), I usually get 8 - 12 torpedo hits / battle, ~20 the most. Same for fires in a gunboat (Razorworm, Octopus), I have rammed no more then 2-3 ships during the whole event! Leviathan and Scrab are mainly AP shooters, and there are no "Citadel Hits" ribbons given as alternative to "Set on Fire", at least. Rasputin can hardly citadel anything, but a broadside CA, and Steel Rat's role is teamplay (healing, smoking), so very often I cause just a little damage, when using her, mainly in closing stages of battles (if not destroyed by then).

Moreover, objectives of different stages can't be fulfilled at the same time - results from the 1st stage are not counted towards the following one.

This "King of the Ring" missions seem a lot like "no go" - grinding Coal for Jean Bart is lots of times easier.

If you had actually read the article you would know that these missions are not for completing, they are for tracking your progress. They have numbers that are impossible to fulfill on purpose. Besides you cannot grind coal, you can only get so much a day. But jean Bart is only really the first price for the really persistent and lucky ones. Of course it will be really hard to win, but i dont really see the problem. Something nice for those that actually play all day every day to aim for.

• Cool 1

[BOOBS]
Players
21 posts

I guess this is WG's way of saying "No one's playing Twighlight mode so we need to 'encourage' a load of battles to get some free data on it"

Jeeesh, if you want more play testers for a battle mode just say so

• Cool 4

Players
7 posts
3,773 battles
27 minutes ago, SmokingElement said:

OMG the amount of whine and complaining. I think its a great way to end the event and fun game mode. I will definitely partake. If you dont like it, no need for you to do so.

If you had actually read the article you would know that these missions are not for completing, they are for tracking your progress. They have numbers that are impossible to fulfill on purpose. Besides you cannot grind coal, you can only get so much a day. But jean Bart is only really the first price for the really persistent and lucky ones. Of course it will be really hard to win, but i dont really see the problem. Something nice for those that actually play all day every day to aim for. 

Thanks! for clearing things around this event, mate - and I'm sorry for overlooking! I've read the announcement, however (obviously) I've missed the part, that missions' objectives doesn't need to be fulfilled. Still, one thing in my post could be addressed for the next event of this type - the note I made about "Citadel Hits" ribbons, that could have been included, among other achievements in battle - now, when such are missing, all Scrabs, Leviathans and Vargs should stick to HE to get most rewards - which doesn't make sense.

I really enjoy Twilight battles - thy're a lot of fun and I definitely see more teamplay in this mode, compared to all others (except for Clan Battles). It is educational for new players as well - they learn how to use consumables and strong / weak features of their ships optimally, how they should command them and how they can best support team. I'd be really happy, if this battle mode is available in the future regularly.

Players
4 posts
3,898 battles
1 hour ago, _JesuS_LoveS_YoU_ said:

Thanks! for clearing things around this event, mate - and I'm sorry for overlooking! I've read the announcement, however (obviously) I've missed the part, that missions' objectives doesn't need to be fulfilled. Still, one thing in my post could be addressed for the next event of this type - the note I made about "Citadel Hits" ribbons, that could have been included, among other achievements in battle - now, when such are missing, all Scrabs, Leviathans and Vargs should stick to HE to get most rewards - which doesn't make sense.

I really enjoy Twilight battles - thy're a lot of fun and I definitely see more teamplay in this mode, compared to all others (except for Clan Battles). It is educational for new players as well - they learn how to use consumables and strong / weak features of their ships optimally, how they should command them and how they can best support team. I'd be really happy, if this battle mode is available in the future regularly.

I can see the problem that if you aim for the competition, you might not aim to win the match, and for example choose the wrong ammo in certain situations. And some boats are indeed better than others for the competition. So its not perfect, but what is? :D

And btw i dont get what you are saying about citadel hits...  the citadel hits counter is there as the others, and seem to work just fine?  Leviathans for example definitely has a better chance at winning a price if they shoot ap and aim for citadel hits than if they would be shooting HE for fires. I believe you might have missed that there are 2 missions in your personal assignments that track stats for you?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
4 posts
4,507 battles

But... Devs, contest, contest, prizes, Jean Bart, etc. All I want is... the Twilight FLAG: best flag ever! It's necessary a mission for the flag. This contest is similar to a World of Warplanes contest (ahahahah) and... it's ok, I like it, but after hundreds of battles, the only reward for us twilight players is the FLAG!!!

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
92 posts
6,884 battles
19 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

That is actually very good idea, but not 10 battles make them 50 and we have a winner:Smile_medal:

Useless piece of...

20181214_194113.jpg

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
349 posts
16,227 battles
On 12/14/2018 at 1:21 AM, MRGTB said:

I'll give it a miss. Too much playing time involved to even stand any chance of winning something decent like the Bart ship. Anyway, I currently have 37 doubloons saved now given free doing the RN missions and there's a new 20% discount coupon on ships coming on the 25th Dec. I'll wait for that now to appear in-game, then get the Cossack for free.

discount coupon cant be used for cossack..i wish it could be posible to buy Guineas with ingame doublons but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.