Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rabiator5

Shimakaze - unique upgrade - opinion

6 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
4,027 battles

I just finished the quest for this unique "upgrade" ... and IMO it is AT BEST ... a SIDEGRADE if not an outright DOWNGRADE. What point is there to "loaded torpedo tubes" ... if they dont point into the right direction due to the 80% SLOWER ROTATION OF THE TUBES? This happens all the time and even tiny changes in course are making it impossible to fire torpedoes because the launcher moves like a 90-year-old. The torpedo tubes have the turning speed of Battleship turrets ...

Why does the already limited "one-trick-pony" Shimakaze get such a bad non-upgrade upgrade? Other unique upgrades come without any downsides ... (and I dont care about the incapacitation bit).

I am going to dismount this "upgrade" after looking forward to it for a long time. This is a severe disappointment! Just give me a torped reload booster instead of smoke screen instead of this "upgrade" ... because smokescreen is useless for a DD due to "everybody and their grandmother getting radar" ... and I usually drop it for the cruisers further back (outside radar range).

• Boring 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,708 posts
20,684 battles

Is crap. Most of the legendary upgrades are crap, only a few of them are worth it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SERBS]
Players
74 posts
6,255 battles

It is a downgrade. Since i adore Shima, and i have played it much more then other ships, i can confirm that legendary module for it can only serv to be sold for, i think, 3 milion credits. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
19 minutes ago, Rabiator5 said:

Why does the already limited "one-trick-pony" Shimakaze get such a bad non-upgrade upgrade? Other unique upgrades come without any downsides ... (and I dont care about the incapacitation bit).

Almost all legendary upgrades come with severe downsides...

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
1,102 posts
9,326 battles
22 minuty temu, Rabiator5 napisał:

Are they? Most are sidegrades. You gain something, but you lose something else. Some trades are better, some are outright worse. Overall too much hype IMO with all these speshul upgrades. All depending on the play style, if someone is spamming 20km torps from the borderline I guess very slow rotation speed doesn't matter much.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,439 battles
10 hours ago, Rabiator5 said:

a SIDEGRADE

That's what they are supposed to be. They're not upgrades, they're just alternative modules

DOWNGRADE

This is what most of them are

What point is there to "loaded torpedo tubes" ... if they dont point into the right direction due to the 80% SLOWER ROTATION OF THE TUBES?

Same as BB guns - you aim ahead of time. Requires a bit of thinking, I know how hard that can be...

This happens all the time and even tiny changes in course are making it impossible to fire

You have 650 BB games, and yet this isn't familiar to you? Yes, it's on a DD now, but the idea (and timing) is the same

such a bad non-upgrade upgrade

They're not "upgrades"

Other unique upgrades come without any downsides

Their downsides often are the slot in which they are put in. Either that, or they actually have quite noticeable downsides built in them

I am going to dismount this "upgrade" after looking forward to it for a long time.

Literally everyone knew what that Legendary Module was about, it's nothing new. 5 min of looking it up would have given you all that info

Sign in to follow this