You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

WG plans to introduce bots in WoT, after WoWp. WoWs next?!

27 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veYZ1iiqOng

Number of players decreasing on WGs main title, WoT. On the smallest servers, Asia, +/-1 MM and bots introduction are tested for the lower tiers (1-5).

From what I know, WoWp is already mostly bots and only a few players.

Now, what will happen with WoWs?

• Boring 4

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles

There were always bots in low Tier when there are not enough players. Nothing new....

And please embed videos correctly. It is annoying that people have to click on them to find out what they are about.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
21 minutes ago, 22cm said:

It will. Mostly because the devs are too blind to the mistakes they are making and too arrogant to listen to feedback.

Maybe not next year, but it's not like the population is growing.

• Cool 2

Players
36 posts
5,994 battles

The population is growing. On peak moments it was for the last 1.5 years max 25 k players. Recently it topped 27k a few times. Not significant but certainly no decrease.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,999 posts

WG has utterly forked the matchmaker & population in WoT in the last years, making it so that there is hardly any influx anymore of new players there (they get clubbed to death by gold ammo and dedicated sealclubbers and leave in disgust, together with the veterans who also leave in disgust by the now obvious & blatant P2W mechanics that are now there in place). WoWS is not in that situation, so I doubt we're going to see official bots in PvP-environments soon, if ever.

• Cool 6

[DREAD]
Players
5,153 posts
5,081 battles

Left WOT long ago. Warthunder was simply better.

But I continue to play WOWS since late 2015 and still like it. The game keeps me interested and I think it is good easily for a couple more years!

Granted that WG doesn’t introduce Gold ammo of course.

Player numbers appear to be rather stable but I am assuming there are A LOT veterans. Potentially the game struggles with new players and retention of new players but I think it can count on a relatively large base of (a lot of times paying) veterans.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,967 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

Number of players decreasing on WoT... smallest server... +/-1 MM.... and bots introduction are tested for the lower tiers (1-5).

Nothing will happen to WoWs unless the player numbers suddenly nose-dive. The introduction of bots on ASIA is a logical consequence of the other things you wrote. As to why they are implementing +/- 1 MM, it's a panic move that tries to remedy the last 2 years of balance/gameplay mismanagement.

The developers of WoT have been far too complacent which is now hurting their player numbers. Who would have thought that taking ages to rebalance broken tanks, introducing even more dubious vehicles, ruining the MM and ignoring all feedback (well, feedback from players who know what they are doing at least) would result in negative consequences?

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot the casual attitude towards XVM (despite admitting that it leads to toxicity) and the failed artillery rework which hurt tanks with thin armour and lead to perma-stunning of slow-moving tanks. The latter would not be nearly as obnoxious if XVM (yes, the stat aspect of it, obviously) didn't exist but alas...

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

I created an NA account. Probably because I can't play at peak times there I did had quite a few bot filled up Randoms there. First I thought it was meant to protect me from Seal clubbers but they do keep appearing from time to time. Still at T5 though. Working my way to Helena. But I never saw it here in Randoms.

[AVRDM]
Players
1,402 posts
6,407 battles

Before that happens (something that is far from happening), they should merge EU and RU. Segregation makes no sense and a system like WT is more appropriate.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,292 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There were always bots in low Tier when there are not enough players. Nothing new....

From I know, bots could be in totally new players matches. Sometimes i play low tiers (II-IV) at night and get 3vs3 or even 1vs1 matches. I did not seen any bots in randoms on EU server.

22 minutes ago, Hesp said:

@Hesp

Before that happens (something that is far from happening), they should merge EU and RU. Segregation makes no sense and a system like WT is more appropriate.

Merging such servers is a bad idea. Firstly connection problems, secondly RU server have very poor attitude to people from EU countries, becouse various reasons. If You speak English at test server You will hear constantly a lot of unfriendly words. I know Russian well.

• Cool 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,402 posts
6,407 battles
24 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Merging servers is a bad idea. Firstly connection problems, secondly RU server people have very poor attitude to people from EU countries, becouse constant TV propaganda of spoiled West which conspire against them.

I do not know if you know how the WT system works. Connection problems do not exist because the player chooses in which regions to participate. For example, in WT I have EU, RU and NA activated. There are never playerbase problems.

On the other issue you mention, I have not experienced any difference between EU and RU players. So I think it's a subjective opinion.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,292 battles
23 minutes ago, Hesp said:

On the other issue you mention, I have not experienced any difference between EU and RU players. So I think it's a subjective opinion.

Subjective becouse you don't know what is written in chat to You. Ты вообще понимаешь русский язык? But I will not tell more about that, becouse ENG forum censorship.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
2 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

From I know, bots could be in totally new players matches. Sometimes i play low tiers (II-IV) at night and get 3vs3 or even 1vs1 matches. I did not seen any bots in randoms on EU server.

Yes. From what I remember last time when I played low tiers, it was this, low number of players per team, no bots in randoms. Unless all the idiots I see in high tier randoms are secret bots. 

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
8,078 battles
7 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

The population is growing. On peak moments it was for the last 1.5 years max 25 k players. Recently it topped 27k a few times. Not significant but certainly no decrease.

Its just winter though. Winter is always peak for gaming.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

However +/-1 MM with smaller teams/maps would help the fuked up MM in WoWs. 

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,500 battles

No, the +2 mm is acctually ok imho what we need is exactly what was in place all through the last year - always some t10 event so its nigh permanent for there is simply too many t10s around and they need to be bled out a bit from randoms, now that mm order was changed it should finally make t8 playable again

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
131 posts
7,051 battles

I would rather play with bots than fighting a battle with 3players each side, as it happend to me with Armored Warfare. Far too frustrating. One wrong move with such an setup (and the map sized is of course not changed for such a low player number) and you end up 1 vs 3, best with those spotting mechanics which means you got shot to pices without seeing your enemy. Then I rather play with bots and have fun.

Players
104 posts
8,364 battles

I would like to see bots on Tier1-5 if needed so games are always 7 vs 7 at least. (personal bias obviously)

I love how people are saying that WoT is this or that when it is WoWs forum. You wish to talk about WoT go to WoT forum.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I would like to see bots on Tier1-5 if needed so games are always 7 vs 7 at least. (personal bias obviously)

I love how people are saying that WoT is this or that when it is WoWs forum. You wish to talk about WoT go to WoT forum.

They are talking about it because both games are by the same developer and they are speculating what might happen.

It is not unnatural for any company to apply solutions from one product to another product. That is what WoT and WoWS are to Wargaming - just products.

Merry Christmas.

[_XII_]
Players
325 posts
2,497 battles

So far that I know you already can have bots in a random game.

At least I have played with them in the lower tiers.In a random game (Not COOP).

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,292 battles
26 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Why are you against bots? BOts play better than 50% of human players

I don't think so. ex. PvP stats of probably one of the most talented player or very often AFK one.

image.thumb.png.ed11445ac5f781912459871f05d39c7e.png

PvE ? Not that bad.

image.thumb.png.8985e6f176ce84910260d8d59b53c1b4.png

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, Aragathor sagte:

Maybe not next year, but it's not like the population is growing.

Well, I know a way to grow it rapidly and massively.

You "just" (tee hee) need to make it so that console players play the same game, on the same servers, with the PC crowd.

Of course for that to happen, you must not focus your development efforts on creating a largely different game that is incompatible from the very outset.

[DIKI]
Players
988 posts
295 battles
2 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

I don't think so. PvP stats of probably one of the most talented player or AFK one.

image.thumb.png.ed11445ac5f781912459871f05d39c7e.png

PvE ? Not that bad.

image.thumb.png.f1fbd441629eddf9202c0cdb15f620fd.png

sadly this probably is not a bot