Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Commander Snowflakes: Steel for all tier 9-10 and premium tier 8 ships. Coal for regular tier 5-8 and premium tier 2-7 ships.

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/videos/dev-diaries-snowflakes/

 

Normal ships tier 5-8 - coal.

Normal ships tier 9-10- steel.

 

Premium ships tier 2-7 - coal.

Premium ships tier 8-10 - steel.

 

How it works: only once for each ship, during the whole update, 0.7.12. Win any kind of battle, except Clan War.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
8,347 battles

Its a shame that they changed it and T8 wont give steel anymore but they say in the video that the "In the name of Highness" campaign directives will reward steel and of course there will be the "Steel Giants" purchasable campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

 

8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/videos/dev-diaries-snowflakes/

 

Normal ships tier 5-8 - coal.

Normal ships tier 9-10- steel.

 

Premium ships tier 2-7 - coal.

Premium ships tier 8-10 - steel.

 

 

 

I am at work (and very busy ATM)... did they mention the exact amounts of "Coal" and " Steel"?

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,404 posts
Gerade eben, Leo_Apollo11 sagte:

I am at work (and very busy ATM)... did they mention the exact amounts of "Coal" and " Steel"? 

nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

 

I am at work (and very busy ATM)... did they mention the exact amounts of "Coal" and " Steel"?

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

Nope, but I would say 150 steel per ship. According to this:

 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/12/11/wows-new-year-event-info-steel-coal-reward-values/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,404 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, 22cm sagte:

Nope, but I would say 150 steel per ship. According to this:

but this leak also claims 4 stages with 4 directives each for the PEF. And it doesn't differ between techtree Tier VIII and premium Tier VIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,341 posts
9,211 battles

Wonder what the total steel for the event would be, suppose that's a stupid question because it relates to how many ships I have in my port. Asked and answered, please ignore the old fart in the corner!

 

Apparently, I'm a schizophrenic...and so am I

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,360 posts
5,356 battles

As someone with zero steel already and no chance, after the end of the snowflake/steel-campaigns, to earn anymore via CW (I don't play CW), do we think there will be much benefit from keeping the steel earned, rather than converting it to Coal, just incase another Steel campaign/event happens?

 

I'm guessing the amount of steel earned would be so low that you couldn't earn a ship (the Flint is the cheapest) just from these Xmas events and would need to play CW to "top-up" any steel earned.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,410 posts
6,092 battles
14 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

As someone with zero steel already and no chance, after the end of the snowflake/steel-campaigns, to earn anymore via CW (I don't play CW), do we think there will be much benefit from keeping the steel earned, rather than converting it to Coal, just incase another Steel campaign/event happens?

 

I'm guessing the amount of steel earned would be so low that you couldn't earn a ship (the Flint is the cheapest) just from these Xmas events and would need to play CW to "top-up" any steel earned.

Pending the official news release, we basically don't know.

 

That said, the leaks (although some haven't been that accurate) have suggested that snowflakes + missions + paid missions *might* get you close to both Black and Flint (with coupons for both), depending on which ships you have in port.

 

I would hold onto any steel you earn until all aspects of the whole thing are announced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,416 posts

I can confirm the number of steels are the same per tier (Tier 10 gives the same as tier 9). Steel value was nerfed from 150 to 100/ship( T8 prem included), coal was nerfed from 500 to 200 per ship (for the rest). Steel from campaigns will be nerfed (no exact value yet, but expected total sum will be slightly less than Flint's steel value).

Steel giant campaign costs ~40 eur with some bonus santa containers.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,814 posts
5,688 battles
25 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

As someone with zero steel already and no chance, after the end of the snowflake/steel-campaigns, to earn anymore via CW (I don't play CW), do we think there will be much benefit from keeping the steel earned, rather than converting it to Coal, just incase another Steel campaign/event happens?

 

I'm guessing the amount of steel earned would be so low that you couldn't earn a ship (the Flint is the cheapest) just from these Xmas events and would need to play CW to "top-up" any steel earned.

I dont really play CW too much (got a little bit of steel from that and low level ranked). However I also have had 3x supercontainers with 1500 steel in them each.

So Im sat on about 6k steel atm even though I dont really do CW/ranked that much.

 

You always have the (chance) of steel in SC, and I would be highly suprised if this was the last steel event they did - they're pushing out more steel ships, and now a (paid) mission to get more steel.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
58 minutes ago, Darth_Glorious said:

I can confirm the number of steels are the same per tier (Tier 10 gives the same as tier 9). Steel value was nerfed from 150 to 100/ship( T8 prem included), coal was nerfed from 500 to 200 per ship (for the rest). Steel from campaigns will be nerfed (no exact value yet, but expected total sum will be slightly less than Flint's steel value).

Steel giant campaign costs ~40 eur with some bonus santa containers.

 

100 is kinda low... 

So a decent player with 10 tier 10 ships and 10 tier 9 ships (assuming he did not sell them to get those tier 10s) and no tier 8 premium ships (which are quite expensive) gets 2000 steel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,302 posts
11,602 battles
11 minutes ago, 22cm said:

100 is kinda low... 

So a decent player with 10 tier 10 ships and 10 tier 9 ships (assuming he did not sell them to get those tier 10s) and no tier 8 premium ships (which are quite expensive) gets 2000 steel. 

Compare this to a wallet warrior like me who is missing a lot of T9-10 silver ships, but has several T8 premiums, I will get 3000 out of this.

Spoiler

Beluga-1024x656.png

 

I wonder how much steel we will get from the directives, the numbers posted by armored patrol on their site don't match the most recent leaks and they claim it will be 500 steel per directive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles

More coal I'm never going to use. I have 310k and counting. 

I would spend it if any of the coal ships were actually interesting. But Alaska is set to be free xp, Musashi is a copy paste as is Salem, why buy Kron when Stalin exists...and I have the lower tier ones already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
548 posts
1 hour ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

More coal I'm never going to use. I have 310k and counting. 

I would spend it if any of the coal ships were actually interesting. But Alaska is set to be free xp, Musashi is a copy paste as is Salem, why buy Kron when Stalin exists...and I have the lower tier ones already. 

Well, there is the Jean Bart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well, there is the Jean Bart.

I'm getting a Bourgogne...so again, pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
8,347 battles
1 hour ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

More coal I'm never going to use. I have 310k and counting. 

I would spend it if any of the coal ships were actually interesting. But Alaska is set to be free xp, Musashi is a copy paste as is Salem, why buy Kron when Stalin exists...and I have the lower tier ones already. 

Special modules and captains.

Apart from that you are right, i have the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

So, it s 200 steel for premium ships tier 8-10, 50 steel for normal tier 9 ships and 100 steel for normal tier 10 ships. 

 

About coal, is 300 coal for tier 2-4 premium ships, 400 coal for tier 5 premium ships, 600 coal for tier 6 premiums, and 1000 coal for tier 7 premiums. For normal ships tier 5 gets 300 coal, tier 6 gets 400 coal, tier 7 gets 750 coal and tier 8 gets 1000 coal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles
On 12/12/2018 at 5:21 PM, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Musashi is a copy paste

Not buying T9 Yamato is big mistake, especialy when you have sources for it. Such caliber on T9 will never repeat. Musashi is most OP on its tier from these freeXP/coal ships so far in my opinion. In T7-9 battles its beast. 

 

On Salem I agree, its copy paste - same tier and nearly same ship as DM. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
419 posts
9,616 battles
1 minute ago, Quetak said:

On Salem I agree, its copy paste - same tier and nearly same ship as DM. 

No she is not and she has some specialities that make her desireable.

Musashi is a great adition but Missouri is still king of t9 premiums because she is not shotgunning her shells.

But anyway if accessable by coal get this premiums, it's a sound investment of playing time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles
32 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

No she is not and she has some specialities that make her desireable.

Musashi is a great adition but Missouri is still king of t9 premiums because she is not shotgunning her shells.

But anyway if accessable by coal get this premiums, it's a sound investment of playing time.

Salem is same tier as DM, same MM, and only few situation when has upper hand over DM. In 1v1 against another cruiser will his heal make difference. But in cap control DM is clearly better. 

 

Musashi is one tier lower than Yamy and that makes it so good. In T7-9 game you have no enemy except CV or another Musashi. You can tank whole game nose in without worries. In T8-10 games its not so much weaker than Yamy, just little worse sigma, sitting higher in water, but on other hand you are not focused so much like Yamy.  

 

Missoury is....Iowa with radar, nothing more. And is not available anymore so out of question.  

 

On topic: If I count right I will get 6,5k steel from snowflakes, thats quite lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,452 posts
7,841 battles

So T10 silver ships give you 100 steel each, T9 only 50, which is quite a big nerf to those previous predictions...

At the same time Premiums in T8-10 will still give you 200 each, so wallet warriors will get some goodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×