You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Diaries: Update 0.7.12 - Discussion Thread

52 comments in this topic

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,614 battles

Can anybody answer in short ?

HOW MUCH STEEL FOR TIER IX-X SNOWFLAKE ?

ARE JEAN BART, SALEM, MUSASHI AND KROHNSTADT "PREMIUMS" FOR THIS EVENT ?

HOW MUCH $ FOR THAT "PAID" STEEL-MISSION ? 

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,011 battles
13 minutes ago, radius77 said:

If it is the same as the PT you will get 100 steel for each applicable snowflake and 200 coal for the applicable snowflakes on the other ships 

• Boring 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,391 posts
6,118 battles
6 minutes ago, radius77 said:

For two of these I have to say just "Wait for the announcement", sorry, but cannot spoil the details right now.

As for the ships considered "Premium", Jean Bart, Salem, Musashi and Kronshtadt indeed do count :)

• Angry 1

Beta Tester
54 posts
14,392 battles

Where did they get that Prinz Eitel Friedrich? Sure, there was a ship by that name but being a mail steamer converted to serve as an auxiliary cruiser/merchant raider - but that barely qualifies as warship, certainly not as a battleship.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it's one of the Mackensen class battlecruisers

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,000 posts
37 minutes ago, Leutnant_Kramer said:

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it's one of the Mackensen class battlecruisers

It's a Mackensen-class battlecruiser, but with a fictitious "what if" upgrade if it was indeed completed, survived the scuttling of the German fleet at Scapa Flow for a miraculous reason and lived long enough to serve until WW2. 

Which is a shame IMHO, they could just went with the original plan. There are too little WW1-designs out here in WoWS.

WNGER_14-45_skc14_Mackensen_Model_pic.jp

• Cool 3

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,614 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

If it is the same as the PT you will get 100 steel for each applicable snowflake and 200 coal for the applicable snowflakes on the other ships 

I hoped those numbers are placeholders :cap_hmm:

There are 22 tech-tree tier X ships so 2,2k steel for somebody who has all of them ... nothing to :cat_cool:too much

Beta Tester
54 posts
14,392 battles
7 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

It's a Mackensen-class battlecruiser, but with a fictitious "what if" upgrade if it was indeed completed, survived the scuttling of the German fleet at Scapa Flow for a miraculous reason and lived long enough to serve until WW2. 

Which is a shame IMHO, they could just went with the original plan. There are too little WW1-designs out here in WoWS.

No need to be miraculous - the partial ship was floated (they needed the shipyard space) and scrapped in 1920 when the Hochseeflotte had long been scuttled.

It would be nice if there were more actual WWI (or pre-WWI) designs in the game. Of course they may have a problem against interwar ships and carriers. Some pre-dreadnoughts would be cool, too, and correspondingly armored and protected cruisers (and possibly old style torpedo boats - but those would be pretty small). Those old style cruisers and the one pre-dreadnought so far are kind of confined to tiers 2 and 3 alongside newer scout cruisers, early dreadnoughts and WWI destroyers. I certainly would like it if they chose (and managed) to kind of enhance the lower tiers and split them into somewhat distinct 1890 to 1906 / 1906 to 1912(1914) / 1912(1914) to 1920ish blocks (basically pitting ships of similar developmental phases against each other). But I guess there's too little demand for that and it doesn't work with the Tier I - Tier X system anyway...

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
Players
209 posts
12,144 battles
4 minutes ago, Gl0cK_17 said:

Paying to acces a campaign?

are you guys of the plot?

Welcome to the MMO DLC era!

Players
10 posts
10,738 battles

I guess that 370 million silver credits I have are going to come in useful now.  I scrapped a few t9's back in the day to fund my t10's. And as for premiums whooohooo.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
83 posts
5,255 battles
39 minutes ago, Gl0cK_17 said:

Paying to acces a campaign?

are you guys of the plot?

they plateaued and need new ways to create income

Players
62 posts
3,599 battles

Did anyone else misunderstand what they said about the 'Snowflake' he said "You can win a battle with a tier V-VIII ship and earn a snowflake"...So are Snowflakes not already on the ships? It doesn't come across clearly to me.

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
Just now, ReapingKnight said:

Did anyone else misunderstand what they said about the 'Snowflake' he said "You can win a battle with a tier V-VIII ship and earn a snowflake"...So are Snowflakes not already on the ships? It doesn't come across clearly to me.

they will be released with UPDATE 0.7.12
Only 1 snowflake per ship for the entire event, u can get reward only once per ship

[DREAD]
Players
5,155 posts
5,081 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

A Million +1 !!!!

[DREAD]
Players
5,155 posts
5,081 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like you kept the AA Gimmick on the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. Does not really fit the ship :Smile_sad:

Nope. This last iteration of the ship doesn’t do this design any justice.

We gave enough feedback - yet WG decided to continue with this very uninspired and artificial design.

A pity really 

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

Yes people! I just struck a deal with WG!!!! I rightfully noticed on this ship I have much more snowflakes! I demanded the steel for every flake. And they agreed! They will credit all the steel when I finish the complete mission on this ship. 5,33 * 10exp9 steel! Here I come!!! Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8285ed67a3f4826cb4c071b1a7523a58.jpg

• Funny 2

[TEAR]
Players
10 posts
13,131 battles

I think it is worth to take flakes, steel etc etc, because it is increasingly difficult to acquire ships due to so many different currencies and resources. I also think that they should be compatible, both the free xp, the flakes, the carbon steel etc. It is worth to rip us off, with so many currencies and resources, because every day you make it more difficult to acquire premiun ships

Edited by apache448
error

Players
45 posts

Now this is good news. Finally one can obtain also Steel outside clan matches and boost coal reserves. Now this is very good news. Thank you. Too bad I don't have time to grind: Prinz Eitel Friedrich. Meh, I will just buy her as I have to work the holidays. But this is one ship I have waited for months. Hoodesque style German battle cruiser. I really don't care even if it is What If style upgrades (but this game has way too little pre-dreadnought style ships IMHO or WW1 era ships) ... I have waited this ship for long :D

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1