Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Hook_

Kurfürst Triple turrets

20 comments in this topic

Players
947 posts
8,231 battles

@Tyrendian89

• Out of sheer principle and tradition, something about the Sikrit Russian Dokumints for the Kurfürst triple turrets... 

Proposed 45 cm and 50 cm turrets for H-42-class ff. The considerations include triple-turrets.

5ad36a65d9c1e_VermerkberschwereKaliberfrKriegsschiffsneubauten.thumb.jpg.992fe2a5212c9d15a2f14014797d277f.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

This has been discussed again and again. There will be no battleships with guns bigger than the Yamato's. Quite frankly, they are enough ships with guns that can exploit the overmatch rules in this game already.

• Cool 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,002 posts
8,019 battles
36 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

This has been discussed again and again. There will be no battleships with guns bigger than the Yamato's. Quite frankly, they are enough ships with guns that can exploit the overmatch rules in this game already.

Yes and there wont be tier9 ships to buy with money, there wont be Type59 and dont forget the year of the CV.

Besides, WG already made a second same class ship with the same guns.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
355 posts
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

There will also be no cruisers with  guns larger than 203 mm. Except Graf Spee, Kronshtadt, Alaska, Henry IV, Moskwa,Stalingrad, Azuma...

I honestly do not take those statements seriously anymore done by WG.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
238 posts
2 hours ago, dasCKD said:

I agree actually, It's mor of a problem in tier 6 and 7 where everyone can overmatch everyone else.

Acutally, It's fun  because people have to angle properly.

[10GO]
Players
350 posts
9,540 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Yes and there wont be tier9 ships to buy with money, there wont be Type59 and dont forget the year of the CV.

Besides, WG already made a second same class ship with the same guns.

Yeah and surprisingly her guns are NOT bigger than Yamatos.....

Conspiracy confirmed

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,709 battles
47 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

:Smile-_tongue:

...but there are still no subs in the game :Smile_hiding:

Btw, those 380mm guns were supposed to rotate 180° in 36s...so, pretty accurate in game.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts
7,167 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Hook_ said:

snip

Always interesting to see such pictures/data.

Do I read it right that C/42h2 is the twin 45 cm turret and C/42h3 the triple turret and so on? I might be blind, but where exactly does it state 45 cm/50 cm guns? By shell weights I can deduce that the C/42h must be the 45 cm gun and C/42i the 50 cm one, so are those C/42h+i some gun designations?

Do you have other such drawings/ design data you can share etc?

Players
947 posts
8,231 battles

You can deduce the caliber from shellweight.

Standardweight of german ww2 armor piercing shells was about

weight~14,6 x diameter^3[diameter in decimeter]

6.2 ~ 14.6 x 0.75^3.....

800 ~ 14.6 x 3.8^3

1330 ~ 14.6 x 4.5^3 ....

Except the 15 cm L/3,7 Panzersprenggranate wich is pre 1930.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts
7,167 battles
16 minutes ago, Captain_Hook_ said:

You can deduce the caliber from shellweight.

Standardweight of german armor piercing shell was about

weight~14,6 x diameter^3[diameter in decimeter]

6.2 ~ 14.6 x 0.75^3.....

800 ~ 14.6 x 3.8^3

1330 ~ 14.6 x 4.5^3 ....

Except the 15 cm L/3,7 Panzersprenggranate wich is pre 1930.

Okay thanks for this info.

By the diameter of barbette and turret weights one can also deduce which is twin turret and which one triple turret, but I still want to ask if you have any idea what those designations "C/42h2" etc. mean?

With logic I can just say that the last number should point out the amount of guns in turret.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles
3 hours ago, dasCKD said:

WG also said a lot of other things and later did it anyway.

Why should WG's statement about Yamato having the biggest guns ingame be any different?

[BYOB]
Players
3,047 posts
10,980 battles

Instead of larger guns I'd prefer to have better turret angles on the Kurfürst, so that I don't need to show my whole broadside and eat pens to make the ship perform normally.

Players
3,545 posts
7,307 battles
1 hour ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Sure, if the currywurst gets 50cm cannons, can I get the A-150 with 51cm pushkas? :fish_cute_2:

Considering Russians made 152mm nuclear warhead for ISU 152 assault gun, I want twelve of these in Chapayev, for extra fireworks obviously:etc_red_button:

Besides, 51cm PewPewKanones gives no overmatch edge, unless we count Fuso and her 35mm deck

Players
1,129 posts
8,974 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Captain_Hook_ sagte:

Surprisingly there are 45cm guns fitting into the <46 cm rule NOT used in se game.:cap_rambo:

As long as they retain that crappy dispersion, and the ship remains Kitakaze fodder - does it really matter that much?

• Cool 1

[PLPWR]
Players
10 posts
2,004 battles

well ... where Mega Zao fit in all these, seriously there so many weird ships .... new weird ships. I really hope USN and IJN will get some love soon. Yamato model is really old, Montana is more of punishment. And all that "special" hypothetical wonder ships from 1950 are just massive middle finger to anyone who doesn't have em. 

And yet still game after game it is my poor old weasel from 1930whos get all that love, nothing is more flattering when a child of great war get 3.millions of hoot affection in potential damage. 

No, I don't gonna cry for buffing mi ship waifu, Hotel Yamato is still capable of doing her part. But .... well all "old" ships need some love to. 

And that crazy idea of up-goned Yama to 510 ... well, why not :D, I would even vote for the optional UK submerged BB torp.launchers. Yes WG stated they would newwwwwwwwer add thous in game. A think about it ... WHY NOT.

We have ships with full auto guns without the need to change magazines, we have ships with magical armor who either deflect any shell or let pas trough ( Oi, captain we have 400mm hols in an engine but it was overpen so we are bloody fine ).

Yes, I em full aware of angling and how to counter it, but sometimes it's just ... really WTF situation.

Soooo folks have nice day and stay safe in these troubled times, I didn't mean in games of course

.......... in games mmmmm ...... IN-GAME ....... please don't stay safe, sunk and be sunken

Sign in to follow this