Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cometcruiser

Will old ship models be improved?

14 comments in this topic

Players
56 posts
3,938 battles

Having just seen the new premium ships being added to the game, and their amazing models.  With little details and intricacies.

I was brought back to the thoughts I keep having about the oldest models in the game.

Like world of tanks replaced the oldest models with HD ones.

Have wargaming ever indicated that they would start to do the same with ships?

I know there will be plenty of ships that people would jump to suggest.

The Fuso stands out most to me.  Its a great overall model of the ship, but its crying out for attention.  Some personality and flare somewhere.  

Just about all the first two lines USA and Japan need some love.  Nice new higher definition models.  

Thoughts?

Beta Tester
160 posts
11,952 battles
28 minutes ago, cometcruiser said:

Having just seen the new premium ships being added to the game, and their amazing models.  With little details and intricacies.

I was brought back to the thoughts I keep having about the oldest models in the game.

The Fuso stands out most to me.  Its a great overall model of the ship, but its crying out for attention.  Some personality and flare somewhere.  

Just about all the first two lines USA and Japan need some love.  Nice new higher definition models.  

Thoughts?

wot replaced all tanks with hd models ...

and before doing that in wows i hope they'l fix port interface  ...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

Well the difference between Musashi and Yamato is pretty big in my eyes.

WG want you to spend FXP or coal to get the updated model however :Smile_coin:

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles
2 hours ago, cometcruiser said:

Thoughts?

They plan to do it, .... when they have time.

Do not expect changes anytime soon.

Players
1,165 posts
9,136 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, hellhound666 sagte:

and before doing that in wows i hope they'l fix port interface  ...

As in "stop abusing player's PCs for bitcoin mining or whatever it is that they do with our systems while we're in port"

[-CC-]
Players
131 posts
12,012 battles

They have already done this, and will probably continue doing it. Those old ship lines are no longer using their original models. If you search through old updates, you will find several upgrades.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,431 battles

Maybe one day but don't expect anything soon. Some of the old models could be updated quite easy but seems like there is no hurry to do this. Fubuki is still using old model while new model was built for Shinonome. Kagero model is particularly ugly but even tho WG build a new model for imaginary Kagero class destroyer Harekaze, old model is still in use. Also this is Black in game model ...

800px-USS_Black_art.jpg

... and this is USS Black IRL ...

0566620.jpg

Black was a square bridge Fletcher, and while we already have it in the game in form of Kidd and Chung Mu, Black model is not changed.

[DREAD]
Players
5,139 posts
5,079 battles

It would be good to replace the horseshit the fantasy refits on Kaiser, König and Bayern are at the same time with anything remotely credible.

I would appreciate if WG keeps improving also the older stuff 

Cheers

Players
74 posts
4,229 battles
6 hours ago, Rosletyne said:

They have already done this, and will probably continue doing it. Those old ship lines are no longer using their original models. If you search through old updates, you will find several upgrades.

Yep, over the years I have seen several updates which have stated that various ships have had their appearance improved improved, they do do this but it doesn't tend to get noticed as it's included in updates

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts
9 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

(...) i hope they'l fix port interface  ...

Chat says: get in line!

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,113 posts
4,222 battles

In the CV rework test server, Ryujo model has been updated, but not the other CVs.

So I guess it all depends of WG priorities ...

[PLPWR]
Players
15 posts
2,027 battles

Well .. I know you been through a loot gentleman's... bit, if you find the time, would you kindly BLOODYDOSOMENTHINGABOUTAMAGYGUNS ( in the Thing Donald Moffat voice ).

Ok seriously now some old IJN and US ships really need some love. It would be nice, but it kinda looks like we probably getting U-Boots sooner.

[SCRUB]
Players
962 posts
7,749 battles
On 12/12/2018 at 3:15 AM, 1MajorKoenig said:

It would be good to replace the horseshit the fantasy refits on Kaiser, König and Bayern are at the same time with anything remotely credible.

I would appreciate if WG keeps improving also the older stuff 

Cheers

If PEF is anything to go by, Wargaming has not the slightest clue how to modernize Hochseeflotte Capital Ships as she simply continues the trends set by the older ships. 

Frankly as far as I am concerned those old dreadnoughts should not even be recognizable as WW1 ships after modernizations, I mean just look at Kongo and the GC/Conte di Cavore classes. Even the QE's/Warspite look entirely different. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this