You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CamoDrako

Thoughts on the stock DM range?

9 comments in this topic

[BOTS]
Players
2 posts
2,760 battles

I've not seen anything online in regards to the Des Moines stock range compared to other the TX cruisers, a potentially typical uninformed reaction to this.

I always ran the range mod until recently unlocking the legendary mod, and the difference in reach is very apparent.

Is there any particular reason stated anywhere that addresses this? I'm not sure if the US 203 AP justifies the lack of range.

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles

Balance?

Shell velocity is kinda slow, i dont think we need DMs that potentially could shoot >20km :Smile_teethhappy: (Stock Seattle however - thats pitiful range)

There are many other ships who got LUs that simply suck. A DM having ~17km or so stock range, with good reload, then the LU would just be a freebie. Sounds kinda wrong imo?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,431 posts
13,843 battles

Balancing reasons. SHAP shells, decent HE along with a ludicrous rof for a CA more than justifies the lack of range.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
13 posts
8,887 battles

I've never felt the need to run range mod on DM, if your are positioned correctly the range isn't an issue.

• Cool 1

Players
408 posts
4,215 battles

I don't run range mod on the DM. Shells are too heavy and lofty. Love the Leg mod regardless of what Flamu says.  I can basically sit in front of a BB and inflict a lot of dmg, especially if he's broadside and time it perfectly when he fires and just take off like a rocket. It also helps when dodging torps and poking between islands. There's no reason to play the DM like a long range cruiser.  That machine can punish anyone and everyone if played correctly.

[JRM]
Players
947 posts
13,484 battles

It has enough range with LU it gives sou options toa cctually dodge stuff and angle real time near caps

[300]
Players
5 posts
1,145 battles

In my opinion range is mostly useful on Tears of the desert, Ocean and Okinawa (B,C caps). LU works too if you keep them at 15km and gunbeat. Before I got LU I've been running reload for extra cap denial against DDs.

Build:

1 Main arm. Mod 1,

2 Fire ans flood %reduction

3 Dispersion (Its a gunboat, I can't stand stock dispersion)

4 Acceleration

5 Camo

6 LU ( used to be reload one, unlocked yesterday, fairly fun to play)

Captain:

PT

AR, Jack (used to run EL instead of Jack)

BFT, SI

AFT, CE

Yes, I run 6km AA DM with BFT and flag.(around 560 AA dps on 6km aura)... yes clueless CVs think it's a good idea to drop me thinking I have stock AA (bonus points for baiting them in chat) :cap_cool:

And yes I'm a potato :cap_tea:

Players
1,542 posts
6,483 battles

Nothing wrong with the Des what-so-ever.

Range or Reload is actually a tough choice and totally up to the captain.

In randoms I would always run reload.  In clans it's range (still like re-load better)

In randoms my Des captain skills and even mod and upgrades are quite different to what i play in clans.