Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger

WG can you please lower the xp reward for last 4 players

31 comments in this topic

Players
494 posts
5,602 battles

Lately ( last 10 month ) we have all see poor gameplay by a lot players and have some bad time with our favorite game BUT now add to that we have players that just rush and lose ship in first 3 min and at the end they are in last 4 place in team - but what is much bigger problem is that they can bet they will get from 200-700xp ( lost/win ) they will either be carry to win or will be just a start of *edited* what will end in 10 vs 2 lost..

So could you please fro your benefit and our benefit lower reward system for last 4 places in team to

( for the team that lost )

30-35xp for 12

45-50xp for 11

60-75xp for 10

100xp for 9th  

and also for wining but ofc use formula for win but also a lot lower..

It is a win/win situation , players will either start playing instead of just yolo-ing and die in 2 min to not get afk   or will do same but will than need to pay you more for xp conversion in real money ( I can bet they will stop yolo tactics and die in 2 min )

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 10

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles

Right now i believe you get some xp based on team performance(How else can afk bots get more than 0 xp?), Id say just remove all forms of team-based xp rewards, and reward xp only for your own performance.

That should slow the bots down.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,522 posts
5,859 battles

WG will never concider anything like that. They want you to gain XP, but no Credits. If you can advance through the tiers, but not have Credits, you are more or less forced to spent money on the game, either by Premium acc, Premium ships or straight up buy credits.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
14,634 posts
10,869 battles

When you sink early in a lost game, you already get few XP. That is punishment enough.

Your suggestion would also punish players who fought hard, but did not do that many XP worthy things than other players. There is no need for that.

• Cool 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
363 posts

Yeah, take the XP and credits from the last 50% of the team and distribute it amongst the better part of the team :cap_cool:

Furthermore, let the players ranking lowest pay for the repair of the highest ranking players on a team.

And if you're below the 50% line 10 battles in a row, or on the loosing team 10 times in a row, your captain will be relieved from command for 20 games.

If your on the loosing team, and spend more than 1 minut in the outer lines of the map, you captain will be executed for cowardness :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,185 posts
6,766 battles

I've seen plenty of cases where everyone in the team has done their part in a rather close battle - like noone in the winning team being below 1k xp. Why would the bottom 4 be punished there?

Alternatively anyone can get unlucky even very early on - DD taking a torp, CA getting deleted, BB getting CV dropped to death, someone detonating. You already get basically no xp due to that, why would you get even less?

And if you got some xp - you clearly you did something. Why wouldn't that count just because others did more?

And lastly - how about stuff that isn't rewarded in xp? I've had games where I go past 4mil potential on a BB tanking for my whole team, yet as I didn't have any decent chances to do dmg I finish as one of the bottom players. Or how about spotting? Denying (contesting) caps? Whatever else teamwork-based actin which isn't dealing dmg = isn't rewarded? Should you be punished for performing those?

Haven't really thought this through, have you?

• Cool 14

Players
3,318 posts
5,762 battles
28 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

30-35xp for 12

45-50xp for 11

60-75xp for 10

100xp for 9th  

So you want to give them MORE XP then they do right now? :cap_wander:

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[BFS]
Beta Tester
363 posts
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

Do you want to force people into a hunger games style fight against their own team?

Aren't we already? :Smile_trollface:

[_DIB_]
Players
88 posts
9,821 battles

Better yet, Just make it "You have to sink something, to get something"! Then there would be no pissen and whining from anyone. Just sink it and keep the pie hole closed is all that need.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles

Well in my humble opinion... The losing team shouldn't get XP at all.

Oh and for once I'am serious...

• Funny 1

Players
494 posts
5,602 battles

I only want yolo fast die tactics to end - it is especially exploited by dd players and that is a big problem for win or lose situation and why team fast lose or fast win ..

As all of you I had a game where i try to cap and eat a torp and died in 2-3 min but man that happened maybe once in like 25-50 games - you have players with bed stats that don give a f about win or lose or team or play, they just want to play as many as possible game in shortest time to get most xp and this is quite a effective tactics to get fast xp for a lot of ships ..

We also need award for pot.dam. and spotting dam. - WG should implement this in formula ASAP because as Wilkatis said you can tank whole game ( 3-4 mil ) and by that give a big chance to your team for a win and you will get 40xp at the end for it !?!?!?!

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
193 posts
5,634 battles
12 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

I only want yolo fast die tactics to end - it is especially exploited by dd players and that is a big problem for win or lose situation and why team fast lose or fast win ..

Erm, that's not an exploit to maximise xp, that's a side effect of destroyers having a very dangerous job in the early stages of the game and whether it be through bad luck or lack of skill some of them are going to come off worse. Whilst it can be frustrating to lose a bunch of your destroyers in the opening minutes penalising their xp either won't have any effect or will just encourage low skilled DD captains to avoid the caps entirely and float around the flanks trying to stealth torp.

• Cool 5

Players
494 posts
5,602 battles
50 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Erm, that's not an exploit to maximise xp, that's a side effect of destroyers having a very dangerous job in the early stages of the game and whether it be through bad luck or lack of skill some of them are going to come off worse. Whilst it can be frustrating to lose a bunch of your destroyers in the opening minutes penalising their xp either won't have any effect or will just encourage low skilled DD captains to avoid the caps entirely and float around the flanks trying to stealth torp.

no tell - I would never know until you tell me - my god :cap_book:

yolo have nothing with early cap on the close border of the cap - you will see dd going max speed trough cap full to the enemy side and die after he hit enemy dd for 2-3.000dam 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,340 posts
10,792 battles

Before limiting or increasing XP rewarding WG would have to actually implement XP rewarding correctly in the first place. So far it is idiotically far from fair, plus it is possible to BUY the experience (!) in form of ridiculous signal boosters/camos and/or simply premium account. 

Perfect contradiction of what "experience" means, btw. 

• Cool 1

Players
402 posts
4,179 battles
4 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Do you want to force people into a hunger games style fight against their own team?

that is already the attitude of this playerbase

Players
101 posts
8,339 battles

You will not force people to do what you want them to do.

The idea that would be as bad as yours would be to multiple battle fee.

You die in 1st minute you pay x10 battle fee, you died in 2nd minute you pay x5.

That would not work as people would just hang back for 2 or 3 minutes and then yolo and die.

Only solution to the problem is teaching players how to play correctly but WG is not interested.

Actually it is against WG interest to have people who can earn silver by playing good.

People are to be happy and feel the need to buy silver/premium as a remedy for their playstyle.

I am too agressive in anything I play, and that can be helped only by teammates yelling "go back", usually they yell much too late :(

Players
1,131 posts
9,001 battles
Vor 13 Stunden, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger sagte:

It is a win/win situation , players will either start playing instead of just yolo-ing and die in 2 min to not get afk   or will do same but will than need to pay you more for xp conversion in real money

Sadly, I need to point out this is what us Germans call a "milk maid's bill". It is not a win/win for WG because there is another direction that a fraction of players would take: getting frustrated and dropping out of the game.

Besides getting players to spend money, another of WG's goals is to keep the player population on the servers as high as possible so players can have short wait times and can have real people as opponents instead of bots when they want to.

Simplifying things(!), the key overall goal seems to be to keep some sort of balance between bad players dropping out in frustration and good players dropping out in frustration (while minimizing the overall drop-out rate and preferably gaining new players all the time.) Your suggestion might decrease the one but would increase the other. The question is to what point, and how it would affect the overall balance.

In addition to that, WG are in the process of introducing the CV "rework", which will more or less inevitably cull a fraction of the player base anyway, and a highly skilled fraction at that, namely the carrier mains, which are not interested in FPS gameplay. Now their hope is probably to make up for that by getting back a larger number of players who dropped out in frustration earlier - frustration over all the frustrating influence of CVs on the game. However, judging by some of the latest write-ups from testers, that is by no means a foregone conclusion because as things stand, players will keep getting blapped by overpowered carriers. Only it will be easier for the carrier players, so it will happen more often and carried out by greater morons.

[SHAD]
Players
241 posts

Sometimes a whole team plays well so it just wouldn't be fair.

My first game in the Dunkerque I did 89,000 dmg i with no fires and killed two ships

I was firmly in the lower half of the scores. For tier 6, I expected higher

Players
494 posts
5,602 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Sadly, I need to point out this is what us Germans call a "milk maid's bill". It is not a win/win for WG because there is another direction that a fraction of players would take: getting frustrated and dropping out of the game.

Besides getting players to spend money, another of WG's goals is to keep the player population on the servers as high as possible so players can have short wait times and can have real people as opponents instead of bots when they want to.

Simplifying things(!), the key overall goal seems to be to keep some sort of balance between bad players dropping out in frustration and good players dropping out in frustration (while minimizing the overall drop-out rate and preferably gaining new players all the time.) Your suggestion might decrease the one but would increase the other. The question is to what point, and how it would affect the overall balance.

In addition to that, WG are in the process of introducing the CV "rework", which will more or less inevitably cull a fraction of the player base anyway, and a highly skilled fraction at that, namely the carrier mains, which are not interested in FPS gameplay. Now their hope is probably to make up for that by getting back a larger number of players who dropped out in frustration earlier - frustration over all the frustrating influence of CVs on the game. However, judging by some of the latest write-ups from testers, that is by no means a foregone conclusion because as things stand, players will keep getting blapped by overpowered carriers. Only it will be easier for the carrier players, so it will happen more often and carried out by greater morons.

well ok,  I can tell you for sure that after I take steel from snowf. and CB and buy Stalingrad ( I'am at 16600 atm and have coupon )  that I will drop game and left until things change because this is unplayable atm -- there is at least 1/3 of players in team that will throw and lose there ship like they hate it, or will do it on purpose ( sometimes - in every 3-4 game there is even half of team in the same agenda of losing by choice )., I'am here from beta and spend over 300-400€ and hate to lose it but I can't do it anymore, my brain hurt every 8 of 10 games now -- you try to do all but players just don't care, they see that no meter what they will get very nice amount of xp, problem it's not even sniper BB that don't push but now we have DDs that speed boost in cap and go to other side to die and not oly dds but many BB that push for no reason and so on .....

All in all big amount is given for nothing and than you have gazilion flags to +xp and freexp and credits  and players just don't care especially T8 in T10 games, dd in cv games and so on 

• Boring 1

[POP]
Players
313 posts
7,665 battles

The easiest way to improve DD play is to start playing them yourself. Problem solved!

Besides you have so few DD games under your belt that it would be a welcomed change for you.

Sign in to follow this