Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HammerDance

Triggered

12 comments in this topic

[PVE-D]
Players
113 posts
6,135 battles

Loading screen occasionally hangs for me too, sometimes up to 3 minutes, even though I can see my teammates moving on the "setup" screen already. But 19 minutes? Dang, that's long.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,381 posts
13,776 battles

Kill the game via task manager if loading shows no progress after 2 mins max.

• Cool 2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,501 posts

And you didn't think it weird for the loading circle to run for such along time and never bothered to quit and restart your client?

If the loading circle is showing but you are not loaded into a match, after two minutes tops, you should restart the game or, if all else fails, your entire PC. Reconnecting to the game will enter you into the match.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,278 posts
9,496 battles

Infinite loading bug. Happens occasionally. If in doubt, kill the game and restart. Takes some time depending on your hardware, but it's guaranteed to take less time than trying for the game to uncrap itself and you might only arrive a bit late to the party rather than not arrive at all.

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,153 battles
25 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Infinite loading bug. Happens occasionally. If in doubt, kill the game and restart. Takes some time depending on your hardware, but it's guaranteed to take less time than trying for the game to uncrap itself and you might only arrive a bit late to the party rather than not arrive at all.

yep happens to me every few months
when it strikes i mess around in CO-OP to see if it is a 1 off, if not its a delete the game files and install again

[AS13]
Players
1,836 posts
2,013 battles

I'm quite sure that's W10 you are running?

My div-mate (happens to be my son, LOL) runs W10 and occasionally this happens.

What also happens, the program refuses to close when shutting down the PC.

I run W7 never had any trouble at all. Probably some stupid W10 update thinks it is unauthorised, until next restart... 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,173 posts
6,747 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Kill the game via task manager if loading shows no progress after 2 mins max.

1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

And you didn't think it weird for the loading circle to run for such along time and never bothered to quit and restart your client?

52 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

If in doubt, kill the game and restart.

If only...

Yesterday and today  - both times for the 1st game of the day, also played in a CV just like OP here (which I hadn't done in a while so I can't say when this started) - I did get further than the OP, that is, I got to the screen where I see team lineups, but that's it. Game flashed for like a second and then went back to the lineup screen (except that now it was laggy as hell) with game audio in the background.

Original loading + 4x restarts (including 2x safe mode) yesterday, original loading + 2x restarts (both safe mode) today. Didn't fix it. Stuck at the exact same point in the exact same way. Oh, and the map on the loading screen updates only caps, ship locations are updated once per restart.

I gave up on restarts and just waited to see what happens when the game ends - even after it ends (audio gives it away) solid 2...3 min passed before I got my post-battle screens (here's the one from yesterday:)

Spoiler

shot-18.12.10_21.13.20-0095.jpg

Still hellishly laggy, and when I went back to port it had 1 FPS at best. Another restart later I could finally start playing.

Also a funny thing about it - didn't get pink in either time despite literally 2 full games of being AFK. Oh, and XP / credits weren't set to 0. Not that I'm complaining about that

But yeah, there seems to be something fishy going on :fish_nerv:

Players
456 posts
245 battles

Ive had this in many games were the game wouldnt load so i just end up using task manager.

dont think ive ever played a game for awhile thats this buggy.

but then with some of the games i had i guess it was simply saving me from the pain lol.

Beta Tester
160 posts
11,863 battles
3 hours ago, Ham[edited]ance said:

Interesting yea,what's this any ideas?

shot-18.12.11_17.57.45-0113.jpg

amazing, waited for 25 mins and could not figure out to restart game ... really fcking amazing

• Bad 1

[ZEG42]
Players
1 post
6,345 battles

I have this happen about 4 or 5 times a sessions now since last patch. Loading into a match, after match making, and it just sits there without starting the battle. 

Using task manager to close the game, and restarting it, resolves the issue and I load into battle - but of course 2 min late. 

It's almost unplayable in some cases now. 

Sign in to follow this