You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Warships Premium Account - Discussion Thread

83 comments in this topic

[-ATF-]
Players
3 posts
8,402 battles

Whilst this is a great addition for those only playing WoWs, it will make high tiers game play worse since new players won't have time to learn the game as well as before. I feel lieke a boost for credit earning potential would have been a better move to give something to those players only playing WoWs, but also keep the game play at a higher level.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles
12 minutes ago, HelmiDC said:

Whilst this is a great addition for those only playing WoWs, it will make high tiers game play worse since new players won't have time to learn the game as well as before. I feel lieke a boost for credit earning potential would have been a better move to give something to those players only playing WoWs, but also keep the game play at a higher level.

I am a bit of an environmentalist and a hobby conservationist; seeing the seal population in the higher tier biome decline will be most saddening for me. I therefore promote this attempt from WG to introduce more seals to this thriving environment.

• Funny 7
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
23 hours ago, BombsAway said:

Good job admitting you're creatively bankrupt, WG. *edited*

EH? it's not forcing you to buy anything else, it's giving you the choice between two options, those who only play ships and those who play other titles too, plus any time you have when the patch hits gets converted to ships premium and normal premium for free so you get 2x premiums times at once...

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[HELSD]
Players
4 posts
4,566 battles

If I want to use global premium account,  bonuses in premium from WoWs will be in global premium, or dedicated WoWs premium?

I mean we must allowed to state what we prefer and receive premium gift time according to our selection.

[GREAT]
Players
9 posts
3,342 battles

Yeah, its a wonderfull idea. Congratulations wargaming. In addition to this; it is very good to have warships premium account for free if someone has wargaming premium account.

"with a duration equal to the remaining duration of your Wargaming Premium Account at the time of the update’s release"

Because of my current premium time (1200 days) i will enjoy eternal warships premium account. Good job WG.

• Cool 4

[S-M-V]
[S-M-V]
Players
9 posts
7,373 battles

Huh... I like it... Only because currently I only play ships... Bit more xp and free xp.. Small addition, but welcome one!

• Cool 1

Players
527 posts
59 minutes ago, dreambill said:

If I want to use global premium account,  bonuses in premium from WoWs will be in global premium, or dedicated WoWs premium?

I mean we must allowed to state what we prefer and receive premium gift time according to our selection.

^ This is something that concerns me too. If we happen to have both global premium account and WoWS premium running concurrently, would we actually gain the premium bonuses from both accounts simultaneously?

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
535 posts
8,503 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

would we actually gain the premium bonuses from both accounts simultaneously?

As stated int the article: nope, just the (better) one from Warships.

image.thumb.png.80870375c54786c59098a96d88eff5b3.png

Players
527 posts
2 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

As stated int the article: nope, just the (better) one from Warships.

image.thumb.png.80870375c54786c59098a96d88eff5b3.png

Well.. then for those of us who want to use global premium for WoT/WoWP this is not an enticing proposition....

• Cool 1

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
535 posts
8,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. then for those of us who want to use global premium for WoT/WoWP this is not an enticing proposition....

But no change for you at all. Still the same 50% bonus and the ability to use premium for three games simultaneously.

And even a benefit: Each day Premium you still have left when 0.7.12 hits, grants you the 65%-Bonus in Warships. If these days expire, you are back to 50% (as before).

Edit: Only drawback: Premium you can achieve in Warships can't be used for the other two games.

• Cool 2

Players
527 posts
Just now, Wizard27_1979 said:

But no change for you at all. Still the same 50% bonus and the ability to use premium for three games simultaneously.

And even a benefit: Each day Premium you still have left when 0.7.12 hits, grants you the 65%-Bonus in Warships. If these days expire, you are back to 50% (as before).

Ah.. :Smile_Default:

[_XII_]
Players
325 posts
2,497 battles

Premium 7 days costs 1250 doubloons.  But you only get 7x25 = 175 doubloons compensation when you have both premium accounts.

That's a lose of 1075 doubloons for me.  That doesn't seem right. Or do we get that new premium for free?

• Cool 1

Players
54 posts

Very nice! As a WoWS only guy I really like the idea! And it's nice that the premium time ill buy today will be changed to the new 65% one when 0.7.12 goes live!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,436 battles

Well to me this looks like more a marketing trick than an actual benefit. +15% more XP at the "cost" of locking yourself out of 2 other games - because a Warships Premium costs the same as the Global.

It would have been a bit nicer if the "one game only" Prem Account costs a bit less... say 10%.

I somewhat agree with the analysis of the Warships PODCAST guys on the subject that the Wargaming hidden agenda behind the change is to try to separate the games from each other so the different game managers (remember that Warships developers are not the Tank developers) can have more freedom in deciding on promotion efforts and prizes inside their "own" game, without upsetting the balance of another game that is cross connected....

Overall this is a step to separate Warships even farther away from the common economy of Wargaming's other titles - just remember the early day promise for FreeXP share :)))

It is bad as I was able to visualize the future in which the Global Map concept of Wargaming gets extended to all games: WoT players compete on land, WoWs players provide the supply lines for landing and WoWP players provide air cover for both :) would have been a nice global max MMO :)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
535 posts
8,503 battles
11 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

Premium 7 days costs 1250 doubloons.  But you only get 7x25 = 175 doubloons compensation when you have both premium accounts.

That's a lose of 1075 doubloons for me.  That doesn't seem right. Or do we get that new premium for free?

You won't have to pay for the "Warships-Premium-Conversation" - it's a gift.

So with 0.7.12 hitting (next week I guess) my 360 days left will be 360 days left for Tanks and Warplanes and 360 days left for Warships.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,156 posts
2,248 battles
16 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

You get the new premium time for free once upon release of update 0.7.12, this compensation is only applied if you actually buy Warships premium time on top of any existing Wargaming premium time after 0.7.12.

6 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Well to me this looks like more a marketing trick than an actual benefit. +15% more XP at the "cost" of locking yourself out of 2 other games - because a Warships Premium costs the same as the Global.

It would have been a bit nicer if the "one game only" Prem Account costs a bit less... say 10%.

If you however only play World of Warships, then not having the premium account for those games will not affect you at all. We did not want to change the overall pricing and concept so opted for a slightly better bonus unstead.

• Cool 2

[I401]
Players
21 posts
3,969 battles

i think its a fairly good thing for ppl who only play warships (and doesnt affect the others, so its a good thing overall), but i do wonder what the real reason behind this is.

would be nice to get an official explanation but i doubt it.

[SPAM]
Players
7 posts
8,095 battles

Like the way they use flags and cammos to make the 15% difference so much more attractive, as a balance a flat zero bonus example should have been used as well.

Another step further away from tanks and planes, next step will be stand alone accounts.

Doubloons where just a way to remove ships from the shared economy of the other 2 games, and generate a separate (extra) revenue stream

Not to mention the removal of the promise of sharing free XP among the 3 games,

Splitting the games from shared resources just hurts them, how is Total war Arena doing , I tried it, could have got into it but no shared premium time so that was that.

As it stands free 15% is always good,  IF you only play ships.

For the future I don't like the look of things to come, might be standard accounts for me,  

• Bad 1

Players
1 post

This is great for me because I bought the 360 days from the WoT advent calendar with the sole intention of using it for WoWS. I heard about this Warships Premium one-time conversion, but obviously had no idea when it would go live. I'm glad it's coming soon.

[SWYD]
Players
26 posts
9,967 battles

Even more Xp.... nowadays a new line comes out and fully flagged and camoed... you need 10-15 Games to get from T9 to TX.... with this now one game less ;))

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,436 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

[...]

If you however only play World of Warships, then not having the premium account for those games will not affect you at all. We did not want to change the overall pricing and concept so opted for a slightly better bonus unstead.

I may have been a bit misleading, but what I meant is that the "one game only" Prem Account should be cheaper by 10% AND having to provide the 15% more XP bonus.

I say this this because while the in-game economy benefit increases the value for the "one game only" prem the real benefit for Wargaming is that they do not need to split up the real life $$$ revenue among the developer companies (profit sharing), therefore the "gain" fully stays in Wargaming's pocket at the "cost" of creating an XP in-game economy inflation only that mostly will generate even more revenue through EliteXP-->FreeXP conversion.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against Wargaming's profit generation strategy, I just wanted to clarify that for a finance minded person the reasoning of this new account type is not the best to "believe in".