Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

well... it could be worst

19 comments in this topic

Players
773 posts
12,293 battles

What did you expect? There's a Spanish saying/warning against getting into risky businesses that goes as follows: "te van a dar la del pulpo" (you're going to receive/be spanked like an octopus), in reference to the custom of hitting them hard in order to make their flesh tender.

Salute.

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
1 hour ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

What did you expect? There's a Spanish saying/warning against getting into risky businesses that goes as follows: "te van a dar la del pulpo" (you're going to receive/be spanked like an octopus), in reference to the custom of hitting them hard in order to make their flesh tender.

Salute.

vão te dar como a um polvo? I didn't knew that one.

yeap, Sunday I was turned inside out like an Octupus :)

I played it twice, the first set one draw, one victory and eight or nine defeats, the second set wasn't much better.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles

well, today was slightly better, fewer battles than my original post but with the same numbers of victories.

But in one of the battles,  then there was only three, a division.

I was watching (after I was sunk) and there was a green Rasputine idle in the middle of the water receiving fire from behind but then I noticed two rats were firing at him, then the rasputine was under intense fire from the other team, and nothing, the rats were feeding the monster time and time again and the monster was sinking the entire red fleet one after another. without falling himself to the fires and floodings and stuff.

while I was in battle I did notice a remark from one of the red Leviathans to all.

- someone else have the feeling of being in a treadmill?

Then and only then I understood what he meant, it was like an horror story .

But my dismay was after the battle seeing the report.

rasp..thumb.png.7bc61237ba06cf8e16ea488e224f40e2.png

I never seen numbers so high as this ones, sure after the with the nº of existent buffs, signals and stuff, but never at base xp in the reports.

I've played with other rats and never saw this type of numbers either.

More important, apart of a division, how I can reach this type of numbers.

How  can i setup my rat to do the same or similar?

Players
104 posts
8,364 battles

Most problems with Octopus is fact that people who drive it really want to be nuked by Leviatans. You can warn them, ask to go back and so on, they will sail in straight line and die even before DDs. I found it impossible to carry game in Octopus. It is so much easier to do in Ghoul or Leviatan.

For me it was always, I take Octopus that means I need to be carried, no real influence on outcome.

Yes, you can radar DDs but someone need to shoot them, if you shoot them it can have grave consequences. You can hide, you can kite, but you cannot carry.

Weekend Tester
542 posts
4,965 battles
14 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Salute.

"You'll be spanked like an octopus".

What an excellent expression.

I've just culturally-appropriated it for the English language. It has the perfect blend of smut, innuendo and mystery to fit in well with the Anglo-Saxon argot.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
12 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

For me it was always, I take Octopus that means I need to be carried, no real influence on outcome

you can say the same about all the others ships.

For me it's scarab, very selfish ship. a team with one have less heals, even Rasputine has a consumable that the entire team can take advantage.

Octopus, IMO it's a solid ship, ok guns and can give to the team, especially if the team have rats.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles

it could be worst continues

def.thumb.png.88fd1dfdcf1b86fc4da83317fb219701.png

But this time I broke my personal record of 245k and changes, around 200 k don't cut it only 218 k upwards. Nevermind second or third place, it's a lot of work for a victory

Spoiler

octo.thumb.png.0c1d187cd8432f467bce01fcf8958068.png

Players
104 posts
8,364 battles

@Butterdoll why you actually bother with this game mode? Why you are doing it in Octopus?

I agree that Octopus is very team work oriented ship, but we are talking here WoWs not team game.

I have played Varg twice, hard to say anything, as everyone relevant died before I was in shot range and in second one we won before I was able to hit anyone (I am exaggerating but not by much).

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
48 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

@Butterdoll why you actually bother with this game mode? Why you are doing it in Octopus?

I agree that Octopus is very team work oriented ship, but we are talking here WoWs not team game.

I have played Varg twice, hard to say anything, as everyone relevant died before I was in shot range and in second one we won before I was able to hit anyone (I am exaggerating but not by much).

that's easy to answer, for elite xp , for my Shchohrs.

It's more than that, keeping your team alive will delay the certain defeat for a little longer and some games can be very fast.

this year I ignored this mode, but the elite points are handy, and now, until 20 th of December I have to play it if I want the much needed it points. 

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, Mr_Snoww said:

worse*....

thank you.

Need to vent a bit.

I''m hitting a wall.

Even when I do this it's like going to the dentist.

Spoiler

def1.thumb.png.605a7c62796a613624f5ec490b526ca3.png

As I said I'm trying to gather what I can of elite xp. before it's over (I started late). I'm playing only this for now and the games whatever defeats or victories, they are so fast, one sided. Not fun.

What is happening to MM?

When a team is wiped out and the other is complete at the end (I have been in both sides) or the victorious team has only two ships less.

There's something wrong with MM, where's the balance?

And I became so saturated to see Octopus heads, but the worst of them all is Rasputine, each time that freaking boat shoots, makes a sound, I'm so sick of that. I don't play mine because of it,

Can I disable those sounds?

Last year I had a lot more fun and the ships didn't bothered me as much.

And I don't even know why.

three more days of this crap.

Players
88 posts
3,609 battles

Did they just remove the Steelrat ship from the Twilight Battles? Everything else is still there but lost the steelrat and got back all the flags I had in it.

Players
2,371 posts
6,689 battles
3 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Did they just remove the Steelrat ship from the Twilight Battles? Everything else is still there but lost the steelrat and got back all the flags I had in it.

Probably got something to do with this:

On 12/12/2018 at 1:05 AM, Butterdoll said:

But in one of the battles,  then there was only three, a division.

I was watching (after I was sunk) and there was a green Rasputine idle in the middle of the water receiving fire from behind but then I noticed two rats were firing at him, then the rasputine was under intense fire from the other team, and nothing, the rats were feeding the monster time and time again and the monster was sinking the entire red fleet one after another. without falling himself to the fires and floodings and stuff.

while I was in battle I did notice a remark from one of the red Leviathans to all.

- someone else have the feeling of being in a treadmill?

Then and only then I understood what he meant, it was like an horror story .

But my dismay was after the battle seeing the report.

rasp..thumb.png.7bc61237ba06cf8e16ea488e224f40e2.png

I never seen numbers so high as this ones, sure after the with the nº of existent buffs, signals and stuff, but never at base xp in the reports.

I've played with other rats and never saw this type of numbers either.

More important, apart of a division, how I can reach this type of numbers.

How  can i setup my rat to do the same or similar?

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
4 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

yeap, I noticed that too and found very strange but I didn't care.

If WG did this, guess we won't see the rat anymore, at least as it were.

But as an Octopus I must say the extras heals were nice.

I always thought that the other consumable was a bit strange to say the least but changed my mind, having rats in a fight it's a plus to the team not only amplifies the Octopus but every other ship capabilities towards the team.

Scarab in the other hand...

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Rasputine, each time that freaking boat shoots, makes a sound

Using Niko... Errm Rasputin in randoms is (as i found out) the best way to get your karma to - 1000 and get called cheater/hacker/reported and anyother negative atribute you can think of. 

Gotta give it to WG, giving the biggest troll ship ingame the biggest troll cammo. :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this