Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
imElitez

For Snowflakes you need ships in port or 1st win ?

54 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
2,374 battles

Because i recall @MrConway said you only need ships in port right when patch is deployed. That means if you buy ships after those are no longer Snowflakes. I have no idea if i am inventing this or he posted this ?!?!

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,450 posts
13,843 battles

To knock a Snowflake off a ship, you need to win a battle of any type, except for Clan and Training Battles. The reward for knocking them off is resources for use in the Arsenal: Coal and Steel. During the Public Test, a victorious battle with Tier VI-VII ships brings you Coal while ships of Tier VIII-X will receive Steel.

Source:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0712/

Could still be subject to change tho.

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
1 hour ago, SaltyTheSeaman said:

Because i recall @MrConway said you only need ships in port right when patch is deployed. That means if you buy ships after those are no longer Snowflakes. I have no idea if i am inventing this or he posted this ?!?!

that was for the collectors club, not snowflakes

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,374 posts
4,167 battles

Two different events/things!

For the collectors club symbols you need the ships ( 100+ ) in port.

For the snowflakes you need to win a battle with the ship.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,001 posts
7,190 battles
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

You can only knock a snowflake once a moth right? or is it once a day?

Well, lets play a little thought experiment:

With PTS Steel rewards on Snowflakes, I'd get 5700 Steel from all my T8-10 ships. I'd need then just 10 days to get Flint + Black + Bourgogne if I could farm those rewards once a day. Sounds good? Too good even?

:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
594 posts
2,686 battles
8 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Well, lets play a little thought experiment:

With PTS Steel rewards on Snowflakes, I'd get 5700 Steel from all my T8-10 ships. I'd need then just 10 days to get Flint + Black + Bourgogne if I could farm those rewards once a day. Sounds good? Too good even?

:fish_aqua:

Makes sense ^_^ But does it say anywhere how many times i can do it? Cause it might be once a month, or a few times a month or anything between

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,001 posts
7,190 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Makes sense ^_^ But does it say anywhere how many times i can do it? Cause it might be once a month, or a few times a month or anything between

Snowflakes!

New Year: a time of miracles! And what could be more perfect for the New Year's festivities than a gift that can make you smile? That's where “Snowflakes” comes into play!

It’s a new festive special event that’s set to last throughout Update 0.7.12. You are probably well aware by now that your first win of the day with each ship scores an XP bonus, right? “Snowflakes” is a bonus you can claim the same way, but only once per update.

Source

Overall WG said this (missions to get Steel) was meant to be a special christmas thing. Would be also stupid to knock some Snowflakes in June.

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
2 hours ago, talpadragos said:

Once per update, it says.

it also says  set to last throughout Update 0.7.12. it's obviously a Christmas thing and will last for around one month, then it will end.

Why does everyone think it will be every month/week/patch WG isn't going to give that much steel away...

[NED]
Players
1,644 posts
6,144 battles
34 minutes ago, Salentine said:

it also says  set to last throughout Update 0.7.12. it's obviously a Christmas thing and will last for around one month, then it will end.

Why does everyone think it will every month/week/patch WG isn't going to give that much steel away...

Wishful thinking overpowering common sense.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,030 battles

English ain't my native tongue, but could to "knock a snowflake" be interpreted in another way that would assure us attention from the #metoo movement?

Players
20 posts
2,374 battles

i just cant get this out of my mind....the fact that i saw a post with @MrConwaysaying that they know it will be hard to play 50-100+ ships so they are changing the event to YOU must Own the ships right when the patck kicks in...

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
7 minutes ago, SaltyTheSeaman said:

i just cant get this out of my mind....the fact that i saw a post with @MrConwaysaying that they know it will be hard to play 50-100+ ships so they are changing the event to YOU must Own the ships right when the patck kicks in...

Its the collectors club he refers to

[PUPSI]
Players
6,248 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, hgbn_dk sagte:

Its the collectors club he refers to

and the reason for this was that it wouldn't be easy to have an overview if you have many ships...but with the snowflakes the ships that you haven`t used yet are clearly marked with a symbol...

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles

why is it too difficult to get your wins in under 5 minutes in co-op?

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
2 minutes ago, Salentine said:

I plan to go co-op when it goes live to cut it short time wise and ensure wins

Players
20 posts
2,374 battles
9 minutes ago, Salentine said:

because some of us are adults who dont have time to do what we want to do and we need shortcuts ?

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
4 minutes ago, SaltyTheSeaman said:

because some of us are adults who dont have time to do what we want to do and we need shortcuts ?

i was suggesting you do it in co-op, i was referring to you wanting it for not playing any games at all...

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
11 minutes ago, SaltyTheSeaman said:

You gotta work a little to get rewards...

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
8,078 battles

I read through the whole topic and hasnt anybody answered the original question: do the newly purchased ships also get the snowflake icon or only the ships you own when the patch hits?

@MrConway?

Sign in to follow this