You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NaanBread

Bored

27 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
251 battles

Sick of getting 1 shotted by tier 7 destroyers in my tier 5 cruiser which I HAVE to grind. Got bored. bye bye game, going to play wot or cs:go.

Both can be frustrating but at least my tank / character can make a contribution without being totally wiped out in one salvo after FOUR+ minutes of sailing around like a git.

Luckily, I was forewarned by wot 'cos I spent loads on that game, only for it to make my "premium" tank purchases obsolete.  This  stopped me from buying prem' ships in wows. Also, not being able to use gold / dabloons intergame.
Wow,  Thx WG for that insight. Saved me a few quid tbh. :)

• Funny 8
  • Boring 3

Players
1,679 posts
9,138 battles
2 minutes ago, NaanBread said:

Sick of getting 1 shotted by tier 7 destroyers in my tier 5 cruiser which I HAVE to grind. Got bored. bye bye game, going to play wot or cs:go.

Both can be frustrating but at least my tank / character can make a contribution without being totally wiped out in one salvo after FOUR+ minutes of sailing around like a git.

Luckily, I was forewarned by wot 'cos I spent loads on that game, only for it to make my "premium" tank purchases obsolete.  This  stopped me from buying prem' ships in wows. Also, not being able to use gold / dabloons intergame.

Somewhat trollish (not even the Omaha can be literally oneshotted by let's say a minsk) though I wouldn't be surprised that tier 5 is the breaking point for a lot of new players, let alone those who are foolish enough not to go for the masterrace immediately.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles
16 minutes ago, NaanBread said:

You are playing terribly, thats why you are dying. Now do you want help to get better, or do you just want to whine? Either way is fine.

Beta Tester
5,054 posts
2,939 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

not even the Omaha can be literally oneshotted by let's say a minsk

maybe he meant oneshotted by torpedoes. Who knows.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
3 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

maybe he meant oneshotted by torpedoes. Who knows.

I mean, he's playing the Emerald so it go could either way :Smile_teethhappy:

WG, build additional pylons ingame tutorials.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOAT]
Players
132 posts
2,155 battles

It's the way you're playing your ship(s) that has issues, not the game.

As a new player, maybe don't choose the squishiest cruiser line in the game to learn the game?

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles
3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

As a new player, maybe don't choose the squishiest cruiser line in the game to learn the game?

Well... the lines don't come labelled like that, and it does come as a shock to find that almost all Tier V cruisers are largely made of citadels. I know that was something I gave no consideration at all, with the inevitable results.

Some advice for the OP: when you hit Tier V and you play cruisers you end up with very fragile ships that can't lead the line and will be the priority target for Battleships the second you get spotted. You are their lunch. Don't charge forwards, don't fire first if you're not spotted,  don't try and get all your guns on target if they're looking at you, and most importantly don't fire and then and turn away showing your broadside - you know those shotgun Battleships they have at Tier III and IV? They're not around anymore - assume that BBs can aim and and are capable of taking half your health, or more, in one salvo.  Best play a few co-op games to practice manoeuvring around fire; the bots are pretty accurate and you learn quick that zooming around at Full speed is not the way to go (it's speed, not direction, that throws off their aim).

Best of luck and stick with it, it does get easier! 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,384 posts
7,746 battles
8 hours ago, NaanBread said:

You're thinking it wrong.

You think that by getting high tier ships make you stronger relatively to your opponents. It doesn't work that way.

The higher you climb, the more skilled opponents you face, but the ships are still balanced equally, so don't go to higher level until you learn the ships better. You think you know how to play well, but truth is you don't. It requires thousands of games to be good in this game. The game may seem simple to learn, but it's not. There is so much to learn from gameplay and most of it, you don't have anu clue of yet, after just few hundred games. I recommend you play many kind of ships to tier 5, before you progress past it. Learn how different ships work, study game mechanics and how to play against specific ships. You have to know the behaviour, weaknesses snd strengths of enemy ship, in order to defeat it. You can not just go towards the enemy and think that you can defeat them because you think you can aim well. Aiming well is just not good enough in this game.

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles
10 hours ago, NaanBread said:

I used to like WoT, played over 35000 games or so. Wot has massive power creep, artillery and worst of all it has premium ammo rendering all armour utterly useless. Those that can afford to run premium ammo all the time win, while others lag behind. The imbalanced games are more often than not imho and becomes frustrating.

I'd be wrong to call WoWS perfect, because we all know there is still lots in it to improve, but at least my tier 8 can fight a tier 10, and the equivalent of arty (cv's) is soon to be dismantled (sorry guys - I'd want it to stay, but they can't seem to balance properly in its current state). I know we have fun and engaging mechanics like detonations, and I know that even though you fight hard you are often punished in score when your braindead team loses, but all in all WoWS is far better than WoT in many respects

It has a steeper learning curve, and plays slower, but for old gits like me with slow brains I like to strategise how I'm going to ram a torp in a bb's bumhole and this game gives me time. In WOT you have no time, you either camp or get pawned if the enemy team is stronger (it's still fun at times though).

Oh, and let's talk about the obvious, WoWS is ships. I prefer the navy over a tank anyday (even though I like both) so go enjoy your tanks mate. Many of us have been there, done that and remember, WG created both games...so you're not actually punishing anyone by running from WoWS to WoT. You're still feeding the same bank account.

TTFN

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,354 posts
5,547 battles

And please let the door hit your back hard enough to make it straight.

Players
467 posts
245 battles
9 hours ago, NaanBread said:

You can get one-shotted in both games especially csgo quite easily.

Although at least my charles martel isn't completely useless in tier 10 game but im going to stick to mid tiers for longer so i can get more experience with the game.

[ETD5]
Players
268 posts
1,602 battles

You are grinding too fast. Return to tiers 3/4 and get more experience in a protected environment as at those tiers you will only face +/-1 MM. Also avoid RN cruiser line as it's the one with the highest floor skill.

Also, if instead of this kind of post, you made one requesting for help, you will be getting more messages providing help and tips instead of the messages that you are getting right now.

Players
1,537 posts
6,477 battles

Troll thread.

1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

I used to like WoT, played over 35000 games or so. Wot has massive power creep, artillery and worst of all it has premium ammo rendering all armour utterly useless. Those that can afford to run premium ammo all the time win, while others lag behind. The imbalanced games are more often than not imho and becomes frustrating.

I'd be wrong to call WoWS perfect, because we all know there is still lots in it to improve, but at least my tier 8 can fight a tier 10, and the equivalent of arty (cv's) is soon to be dismantled (sorry guys - I'd want it to stay, but they can't seem to balance properly in its current state). I know we have fun and engaging mechanics like detonations, and I know that even though you fight hard you are often punished in score when your braindead team loses, but all in all WoWS is far better than WoT in many respects

It has a steeper learning curve, and plays slower, but for old hits like me with slow brains I like to strategise how I'm going to ram a torp in a bb's bumhole and this game gives me time. In WOT you have no time, you either camp or get pawned if the enemy team is stronger (it's still fun at times though).

Oh, and let's talk about the obvious, WoWS is ships. I prefer the navy over a tank anyday (even though I like both) so go enjoy your tanks mate. Many of us have been there, done that and remember, WG created both games...so you're not actually punishing anyone but running from WoWS to WoT. You're still feeding the same bank account.

TTFN

this ^^

Premuim ammo is the single biggest killer and highlights P2W in the rawest form regarding WOT.

A tier 8 ship can still do very well against a tier 10.  In WOT most cant even pen the enemy, never mind anything else.  Anti Tanks included :Smile_teethhappy:

I hope to god they never bring that into WOWS.  So help me. 

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles
7 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Hmm a T7 DD oneshotting a T5 Cruiser. :cap_yes:

WG made/testing a new premium russian DD i'm not aware of? 

:Smile_trollface:

gib me naaau

• Funny 1

Players
147 posts
1,346 battles

It seems the game have one less potato in-game Yay, nothing really lost, on the contrary.

Also no destroyers one shot a cruiser, unless a unlucky detonation. What seems more plausible is the Noob was sailing straight line and was turned into instant giblet by torpedos

Players
425 posts
8,791 battles

Sorry to hear this Captain, I really am.  It took me ages to learn the game and I'm still mostly potatoe :Smile_hiding: It took a lot of looking at others play and then looking at my own actions.  Crikey I was p*ss poor, I can remember turning to my wife and saying ''I have no ruddy idea what's going on'' as I was repeatedly sunk again and again.  But I had a willingness to learn and stop doing what I knew to be fatal in the game.  I always feel a little sad when I see the 'I'm leaving, the game is sh*t' posts, especially when it's just a rant about how inadequate they are at the game.  There are loads of fantastic players of this game, some funny, some serious but with good skills that you might learn by and not get so frustrated, or learn it the hard way (wrong way) like myself or start looking at how good players play and their instincts for the game and emulate that.  I was glad to have some Youtubers inputs into my playstyle, taught me something that I didn't have to feel pain for the experience.   Anyhow good luck chief in whatever game you're going off to play :Smile_honoring:

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles
11 hours ago, NaanBread said:

Bye bye

[HUN]
Players
205 posts
2,178 battles
3 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Hmm a T7 DD oneshotting a T5 Cruiser. :cap_yes:

WG made/testing a new premium russian DD i'm not aware of? 

:Smile_trollface:

Nah, it's more likely the OP tried to play the cruiser like a tank in WoT, making a full stop as soon as the enemy was spotted, and started firing. Then got hit by torpedoes.

• Cool 1

Players
941 posts
8,495 battles
14 hours ago, NaanBread said:

The OP has to mean torpedoes...

OP for that extra special flare you should have posted thus:

Oh cruel world, "raising your voice" cruel game and even crueler DD's with their one shots, goodbye my Cruiser brethren of Tier 5 as I end my games with WOW's. How will you all survive without me? With a heavy heart, with the tears of frustration I go into the mists to be lost forever.... "In whisper" Goodbye forever.... "Door shuts" "Absolute silence.".... A scream!!! OP just rammed the door handle into his Buttox.

Now that's done, off you trot back to WOT...