You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shoot_Him_____

Stalingrad OP

88 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
12,485 battles

This ship is way overpowered.  Everytime we are up against 1-2 in CB they are very difficult to defeat.  with 72K hit points it is really a BB more than a cruiser.  I have broadsided them in a BB with little effect.  WOWs need to either MM with Stalin's on both sides or reduce its abilities.  Makes the games very repetitive and quite frankly boring.  Who agrees something needs to be done?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,159 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Your a beta tester, but you have only played 8k games.

I'm a beta tester too and I've played even less....what's your point?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
49 posts
12,485 battles

Just thought they would need a lot of games under the belt to be able to give concise, meaningful observations based on a lot of experience.

Or I was offended by MaxxyNL for what appears to him, a boring comment.

I was wanting to voice my concerns over this OP ship and hoping WOWs will do something about it in the interest of their players/customers.  Not marked off as boring.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
703 posts
8,124 battles

@Shoot_Him_____

30 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I have broadsided them in a BB with little effect.

image.png.f28830f44fb0fb16811f44e24906b125.png

If you cannot defeat stalingrads in the enemy line up you dont deserve to win since you didnt play well enough.

Altough the average player who owns a stalingrad is pretty decent, so it will not be easy.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts
7,167 battles

:Smile_smile:

I guess someone doesn't really understand what that "Beta Tester" group even means. It's just a forum group given to anyone who logged into forums during CBT + had access to it. This game doesn't have Beta Testers anymore per se. I.e. Alpha/Weekend/Beta Testers don't test anything anymore. This game has been released since September 2015.

• Cool 2

Players
49 posts
12,485 battles
3 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

:Smile_smile:

I guess someone doesn't really understand what that "Beta Tester" group even means. It's just a forum group given to anyone who logged into forums during CBT + had access to it. This game doesn't have Beta Testers anymore per se. I.e. Alpha/Weekend/Beta Testers don't test anything anymore. This game has been released since September 2015.

I misunderstood, my apologies.

• Cool 1

Players
49 posts
12,485 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

@Shoot_Him_____

image.png.f28830f44fb0fb16811f44e24906b125.png

If you cannot defeat stalingrads in the enemy line up you dont deserve to win since you didnt play well enough.

Altough the average player who owns a stalingrad is pretty decent, so it will not be easy.

Oh your right, I must be rubbish.  There will always be a better player.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles
47 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Stalingrad OP

Oh look, another one :fish_palm:

This ship is way overpowered.

No it's not. It's just generally sailed by very good players

Everytime we are up against 1-2 in CB they are very difficult to defeat.

Every time you play against OMNI, TTT, WGP2W and other high level clans they are very difficult to defeat. Your point here being...?

with 72K hit points it is really a BB more than a cruiser.

Even the closest BB to her has 10k more HP than any others. And that one itself is 10k behind the next closest one

Also 25mm plating - she's not a t6 / t7 BB, so no, she's not a BB.

What she is, however, is a battlecruiser - class which isn't separated out in this game. And - surprisingly (not really) enough - CBs fall somewhere between CAs and BBs. Just like Stalingrad does.

I have broadsided them in a BB with little effect.

As in shot a full salvo at them? Guess every shingle ship in the game is a BB then, because that can fit for literally anything

WOWs need to either MM with Stalin's on both sides or reduce its abilities.

Alternatively you could just git gud

Who agrees something needs to be done?

Swarms of potatoes, I'm sure

20 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Just thought they would need a lot of games under the belt to be able to give concise, meaningful observations based on a lot of experience.

Because Stalingrad exists since Beta instead of the last few months, right?

Also here's some clear evidence of experience based on number of games played:

Spoiler

tBepf4j.png

I wonder why is there so much red and orange, and yet so little light blue and violet? According to you these players should be the best of the best

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,309 posts
9,063 battles

The only thing OP about the Stalingrad is that Other People have it and I don't, because I don't have the time to play clan wars.......

• Funny 4

[NED]
Players
4,179 posts
11,667 battles

In 12 k battles you surely must have figured out behind which island the balansgrad will camp the entire game. Just move until you have angles to HE spam him to the next match or let him rot there being useless for the entire match. Granted S'grad is a strong ship in competitive. But in Random? It's just another camping behind the island noob waiting for his/ her moment of glory. With some more HP than a Moskva has.

• Funny 2

Players
779 posts
3,563 battles
51 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

Next....

33 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Or I was offended by MaxxyNL for what appears to him, a boring comment.

I was wanting to voice my concerns over this OP ship and hoping WOWs will do something about it in the interest of their players/customers.  Not marked off as boring.

Maxxy is a trolol birdbrain ignore anything he says

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,514 posts
5,846 battles

In before "Buff Stalingrad"-threads right after Xmas / New year when players can buy steel :cap_haloween:

Alltho, Stalingrad is certainly much stronger in CBs because of the 7vs7 environment with only 1 BB present.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,309 posts
5,737 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

In before "Buff Stalingrad"-threads right after Xmas / New year when players can buy steel :cap_haloween:

Well, then im in before "STALINGRAD HAS BEEN SECRETLY NERFED" threads.

• Funny 1

[DSW]
Players
3,772 posts
7,712 battles

looks like OP has a little minion in @Merlin851526 that up/downvotes every single comment in this thread according to their agenda... I wonder which kind of reaction I'll get from him...

More to the point though - Stalingrad isnt a particularly easy ship to deal with, especially in the hands of the players that have one. And I personally don't really like how it severely blurs the line between cruisers and BBs with its sheer alphastrike - the very reason why BBs are limited to one per team, because that kind of nuke threat constrains freedom of movement quite a bit. Doesn't make the ship necessarily overpowered, but whether it's good for the meta is a different discussion.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
49 posts
12,485 battles
52 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh look, another one :fish_palm:

No it's not. It's just generally sailed by very good players

Every time you play against OMNI, TTT, WGP2W and other high level clans they are very difficult to defeat. Your point here being...?

Even the closest BB to her has 10k more HP than any others. And that one itself is 10k behind the next closest one

Also 25mm plating - she's not a t6 / t7 BB, so no, she's not a BB.

What she is, however, is a battlecruiser - class which isn't separated out in this game. And - surprisingly (not really) enough - CBs fall somewhere between CAs and BBs. Just like Stalingrad does.

As in shot a full salvo at them? Guess every shingle ship in the game is a BB then, because that can fit for literally anything

Alternatively you could just git gud

Swarms of potatoes, I'm sure

Because Stalingrad exists since Beta instead of the last few months, right?

Also here's some clear evidence of experience based on number of games played:

Reveal hidden contents

tBepf4j.png

I wonder why is there so much red and orange, and yet so little light blue and violet? According to you these players should be the best of the best

I agree it could be in a different class and perhaps restricted to just one per side.  FYI: HMS Hood was a battlecruiser and that's classed as a BB in WOWs.  Perhaps an oversight on WOWs half.  Certainly an oversight with Stalin.  It is a strong ship and its not because I'm a rubbish player.  I'm not perfect but I have played over 12,000 games to know that Stalin is wrongly classed and shouldn't be allowed in CB until its more balanced with the rest of the ships.

Players
3,309 posts
5,737 battles
4 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I'm not perfect but I have played over 12,000 games to know that Stalin is wrongly classed

So... what should it be then? BB? DD? CV?

[WASP_]
Players
163 posts
7 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

looks like OP has a little minion in @Merlin851526 that up/downvotes every single comment in this thread according to their agenda... I wonder which kind of reaction I'll get from him...

More to the point though - Stalingrad isnt a particularly easy ship to deal with, especially in the hands of the players that have one. And I personally don't really like how it severely blurs the line between cruisers and BBs with its sheer alphastrike - the very reason why BBs are limited to one per team, because that kind of nuke threat constrains freedom of movement quite a bit. Doesn't make the ship necessarily overpowered, but whether it's good for the meta is a different discussion.

Here is the issue I have here. Anytime anyone has a point to be raised or a question to ask in these forums it is generally leaped upon and derided etc. I have noticed this for some time now and you are a perfect example of it. Name calling really? And your not alone it's always the usual subjects that troll threads. Always with smart alec snide comments. I have no doubt many people just simply say to themselves it's not worth the hassle asking a question because of this. I see this nonsense all the time here. You don't like a thread subject and have nothing valid to contribute  then don't post in it move on. Let the moderators of the respective forum "Moderate" thats their job. Let them worry about the amount of Stalingrad threads or questions.Oh and a bit of advice mate before I go. Try being helpful you might actually like it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
298 posts
7,610 battles

The only issue with Stalingrad is when it is in a CB environment as it essentially adds another BB to one team and not the other not to mention how tanky it is when angled, only punishable when broadside... which rarely happens.

I think that WG should disallow premiums in tier 10 Clan Battles, I know it will include the Salem which isn't OP but it will stop any future BC's into the mode (until they are counted as tier own class) as it really puts and advantage to the Clan that can Field them... most I've seen in one Clan Battle was 3... it was not fun...

• Cool 1