Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ive_got_the_ships

Clan battle divisions not getting full

35 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts
2,088 battles

Am I doing something wrong?

I thought I'd try a clan battle with one of the borrowed ships (Gearing), but I'll join a division and wait and it will get almost full after 5 minutes of people joining and then leaving and then the rest of the people will get fed up and leave to. It just seems like a complete waste of time.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,121 posts
18,176 battles

it needs to be a full team of players from the same clan, with one of em at least having recruiter status in clan................

if what u wrote is the case in ur clan, may consider to go elsewhere.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,121 posts
18,176 battles
6 minutes ago, Wardy_2018 said:

Well that's stupid, why does it let you join a division of players from various clans and then just sit there. 

@MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales

... on the other hand: why would u assume to be able to play with people from various clans in a cla. vs clan setting?

i though agree that the possibility itself might misleads.

• Cool 2

[BG-EU]
Players
68 posts
12,786 battles

Sure you’re actually in a CLAN battle and not a division for an operation? You can’t have non-clan in a clan v clan battle

Beta Tester
3,907 posts
13,842 battles
13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

*edited

Yeah, WG not being able to make it no option or to give their players enough information so this can't happen is really unbelievable...

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
78 posts
3,662 battles

Op is also in a rented Gearing which iirc you cannot mount camo on, with only a 10 point commander and 3 rented Hindi's :cap_fainting:

What a fail!!

@OP, just join a clan that participates in Clan Battles

• Bad 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
13 minutes ago, jcol said:

Op is also in a rented Gearing which iirc you cannot mount camo on, with only a 10 point commander and 3 rented Hindi's :cap_fainting:

What a fail!!

@OP, just join a clan that participates in Clan Battles

If you do not have T10 then that is what you get, 'lend-lease' (LOL). I'm in the same situation myself, someday I'll get to T10 though. 

My clan DOES participate in CB, always friday/saturday. Sometimes a bit hectic to get a full division. 

Also, we do regular divisions in randoms. You get used to the other players and know what to expect (and where it will go wrong).

I'd certainly advise to team up with regular div-mates and join the same clan (also: try operations! a great way to practise!).

No matter if you have to drive rented ships. You'll at least know who is best in BBs and DDs and such.

I did an easy 200k in Yamato, never drove the thing before. But I know (and so do my clan buddies) better not put me in a DD... 

Having your own 'old faithful' Tier 10 will probably be better... then again, maybe not... even in CB there's lots of potatoes.

I'm one of them heheheheheh!

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,319 battles
38 minutes ago, jcol said:

What a fail!!

Thats kinda unnecessary. If its all people have then ...

Should have posted only last sentence of your post. Problem here is that WG lets uninformed people create multiclan divs under clanbattle option.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
1 minute ago, Profilus said:

Should have posted only last sentence of your post. Problem here is that WG lets uninformed people create multiclan divs under clanbattle option.

It's also kinds BS, because on those rented ships you have to spend a few million credits to 'spade' them.

You could go to battle in a bog-standard Yamato and a 0-point freshly recruited captain, never mind the camo.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
745 posts
18,319 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

It's also kinds BS, because on those rented ships you have to spend a few million credits to 'spade' them.

You could go to battle in a bog-standard Yamato and a 0-point freshly recruited captain, never mind the camo.

Afaik you will get those millions in your inventory when ships are removed(as upgrades), so atleast money is not wasted.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
31 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

26 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Afaik you will get those millions in your inventory when ships are removed(as upgrades), so atleast money is not wasted.

Yeah, all modules you mount on rentals will be demounted for free and put into your inventory. After that you can just put them on other ships, you lose nothing

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles

To be honest WG should never have introduced the rentals for CB. Either you have your own T-X or you don't play CB.. And no it is not to bash smaller or new clans I say it. How do you expect those ships with inexperienced players to fair even decent, when they are already handicapped by not being able to mount a camo?? Our clan allowed rentals for the first season because everyone should have the chance to play.. What a mess the result became. The better half of the clan won and the other half threw it away. Now the Clan has been split into 2 sub clans the casual where everyone can play, only restriction is you have to have your own T-X. and the more ambitious where we have a smaller team selected by our two commanders. 

[BG-EU]
Players
68 posts
12,786 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Is it just me or does anyone else fancy forming a division from 7 different clans and then going into CB to see WTF happens?

Knowing WG, probably instagift of 7 Stalingrads 

[WTFNO]
Players
198 posts
4,708 battles
12 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

To be honest WG should never have introduced the rentals for CB. Either you have your own T-X or you don't play CB.. And no it is not to bash smaller or new clans I say it. How do you expect those ships with inexperienced players to fair even decent, when they are already handicapped by not being able to mount a camo?? Our clan allowed rentals for the first season because everyone should have the chance to play.. What a mess the result became. The better half of the clan won and the other half threw it away. Now the Clan has been split into 2 sub clans the casual where everyone can play, only restriction is you have to have your own T-X. and the more ambitious where we have a smaller team selected by our two commanders. 

Would disagree with that. Forcing newish players to grind T10 too soon just to be able to try clan battles doesn't seem a great idea to me.

As you said, it's up to each clan to decide who will take part. It' not like random/ranked where you don't get to choose your team.

Also some clans struggle to get the 7 people already, I don't think shutting them off from CB would benefit the game overall.

edit: by the way, I think a single clan can now field two clan battle teams via some port upgrade ?

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
78 posts
3,662 battles
12 hours ago, Profilus said:

I was a little harsh to the OP, but my point I was trying to get across was with a rented DD, his team would struggle as he will be out spotted all game.

Rented cruisers/battleships can cope somewhat but a rented DD will struggle.

Tbh WG should state when renting a ship that it can only be used with fellow clan members and not allow divs to be formed by mixed clans for CB's

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,179 posts
2,399 battles
16 hours ago, Wardy_2018 said:

Well that's stupid, why does it let you join a division of players from various clans and then just sit there. 

Because the mode is "Clan" Battles i.e. Clan vs Clan.

What you are asking for is simply 7 vs 7 Random mode with a restriction that only people who are in a clan can enter. 

Sign in to follow this