Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SgtPinback

What to spend my 10th British Destroyer point on

11 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
3,129 battles

So I'm at Tier 7 in the British destroyer line and about to get my 10th point. From what I've read the British destroyers are gunships at higher tiers and whilst I primarily play with torpedoes I do get into destroyer on destroyer fights.

My question then, should I go for concealment or the HE pen skill? Imagine that I need both but which first. Getting the next level 4 skill will take a very long time...

Players
3,313 posts
5,751 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtPinback said:

My question then, should I go for concealment or the HE pen skill? Imagine that I need both but which first. Getting the next level 4 skill will take a very long time...

Concealment Expert. Always Concealment Expert.

• Cool 5

Players
175 posts
5,316 battles

Well if you want to play torpedo boat then CE gives you a better chance of remaining undetected (7km torp range and 7km detection radius...)

If you want to play gunboat against red DD then CE gives you a better chance of out-spotting and drawing first blood.

Players
878 posts
7,272 battles

I'd take concealment expert -- in general I'd always, always take it unless it's an ultra-specialized long-range build.

Even if you're largely a gunboat (I have no experience with high-tier RN DD's), you still have a concealment advantage over most of your team mates. As such you'll still be relied on for spotting and capping. And doing these, CE gives you much more freedom to operate.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,221 posts
7,196 battles

concealment expert to allow you to get to strategic positions where you can rain ap hell down on enemy

a spotted british cruiser is usually a dead british cruiser within seconds (that's how it feels when your in one)

[KAKE]
Players
783 posts
2,949 battles

IFHE isn't really that important on the lower tier, 120mm-armed DDs. On the Jutland and Daring with the combination of lower calibre guns and more well-armoured opposition it's more worthwhile.

[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,368 battles

Even on jutland and daring its only really important if you are lazy to swich ammo, sAP makes short work of anything stupid enough to show you broadside under 10km

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,520 battles

Concealment expert always this as your 10 point in any DD except in certain Russian DD's... But save the next four points to get IFHE so you have it when you reach Jutland.  Its not about laziness to switch ammo, but the fact that even DD's can angle against Jutland/Daring AP 

Beta Tester
291 posts

You don't need IFHE on the Lightning. 

The reason you need IFHE on the Jutland and Daring is because they have a gun caliber of 113mm. 113/6=18.8, where DD armour is 19mm. This means that you cannot penetrate the armour of DDs. The Lightning has a caliber of 120mm which can penetrate 19mm without IFHE. :)
So pick CE, save up 4 points to get IFHE when you hit the Jutland.

Sadly the Wiki is slightly outdated.

Sign in to follow this