You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jon_Atherton

crashes to desktop

9 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
422 battles

hi, can any1 offer any advice, whilst playing ive been having issues where the game would send me to desktop, i can click back on tab at bottom of desktop to take me back in to battle but its very annoying having to do this all during the battle and in port., ive just uninstalled and reinstalled. running i7-7740x, rog strix 1080 ti, 16gb ram so performance shouldnt be an issue. thanks for any help

[AVRDM]
Players
1,403 posts
6,415 battles

It has been happening to me very sporadically these days. I have to say that it only happens the first time shortly after joining the game and does not happen again throughout the session. I do not have any hardware similar to yours, maybe it's Windows 10.

In fact sometimes Windows 10 notifications invade the game in full screen, something that should not happen and does not happen in others. I insist that it happens very rarely.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles

For me Windows alt tabbing itself has been happening for months now in every game I play. I tried to fix it several ways but nothing worked for me, so I just have to live with it I suppose.

I suspect it's an issue with Windows 10 itself.

As a workaround you can set your game to borderless fullscreen so that you do not need to deal with the delay of going between your desktop and the game.

Players
228 posts
7,229 battles

currently 2500 players on EU, try to launch into a match, server overloaded, not to mention the UI spazzing out where you have mission overlays in port and vice versa, what a quality game, top notch!.

Players
47 posts
21,165 battles

Make sure you are using windows 10 game mode (it's in windows settings, not 3rd party program). This is suppose to prevent windows focusing other programs or popups. For example free antivirus doing update and pops up advertisement won't take away focus from your game.

Also in windows Focus assist, tap "when I'm playing a game" rule on.

Players
228 posts
7,229 battles

Eeeew Windows 10.

Has nothing to do with external 3rd party programs, it's all in WoWs, WG need to stop hiring randoms off the street to do their engineering.