Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
crippsy99

Clan battles useless?

9 comments in this topic

[KIEL]
Players
5 posts
3,002 battles

Genuine question here, but whats the point in giving everyone tier 10 ships to use in clan battles, allow random divisions of people from different clans to form, but then not play the actual battle?!

Im in a clan, but ive NEVER seen anyone from it online at the same time as me, so forming a division is never going to happen..

Tonight is clan battles in my region..it appears a division can form of random people, but the start battle button never enables and says "A division may consist of its commanders clanmates only'...

I have tried to join several divisions, all reporting the same issue they can't start a battle..

Doesn't that make the point in giving us all ships to participate in them, when most of us can't, a bit pointless really? Or am I missing something??

• Funny 1

Players
3,346 posts
5,816 battles
3 minutes ago, crippsy99 said:

allow random divisions of people from different clans to form

You cant form divisions with random people / people from different clans. They need to be in the same clan. And only the clan commander or someone with similar rights can lead a division into a clanbattle. Thats why your battle button is always disabled.

4 minutes ago, crippsy99 said:

Im in a clan, but ive NEVER seen anyone from it online at the same time as me, so forming a division is never going to happen..

If that is the case and your clan isnt interested in clanbattles, while you are - you seem to be in the wrong clan. There are a lot of well organized clans around, that put their lineup together already a couple of days before the next clanbattle evening is happening. There is a forumsection, where people can look for clans or clans are looking for players. Maybe you find something there.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
153 posts
5,701 battles
11 minutes ago, crippsy99 said:

Or am I missing something??

You are missing an active clan.

If you want to play CB, get in an active clan that makes a point of playing.

Try here:  https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/507-clan-zone/

Post that you are looking for a clan, or look for a clan that is recruiting and advertising that they actively play CB.

[KIEL]
Players
5 posts
3,002 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

You cant form divisions with random people / people from different clans. They need to be in the same clan. And only the clan commander or someone with similar rights can lead a division into a clanbattle. Thats why your battle button is always disabled.

If that is the case and your clan isnt interested in clanbattles, while you are - you seem to be in the wrong clan. There are a lot of well organized clans around, that put their lineup together already a couple of days before the next clanbattle evening is happening. There is a forumsection, where people can look for clans or clans are looking for players. Maybe you find something there.

Regarding the first part, at the moment you CAN form a division with random people..and thats the issue..clan battles are on this very moment, but when you select 'looking for a division' and getting invites, almost everyone is for a clan battle at the moment..but then after everyone selects their ships, they cant start the battle, so the insults fly, people leave..try to join another, and same problem over again..

Im not usually online when clan battles are, just happens today I am, and since one of the special missions is to play a clan battle (and ive never fought as a t10 ship before) I feel im missing out because noone else is online. I just checked the clan roster and theres 10 out of 23 people active, me being one, 9 having played battles today, and 1 played yesterday..everyone else its been a few weeks or more..

[KIEL]
Players
5 posts
3,002 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you know, they're called Clan Battles for a reason... :fish_palm:

The point is, why allow random divisions to be formed in clan battle mode in the first place, then everyone getting angry with everyone else when battle can't start :fish_nerv:
Its like the option is there to play with randoms rather in a clan for once, but you only realise when a full division wants to start..

And given the amount of people trying to join them, and the butthurt people are getting when battle cant start, means im not the only one who thought anyone was able to join for this one..

Players
3,346 posts
5,816 battles
Just now, rage1750 said:

Top kek thread; would read again :Smile_popcorn:

Who would have thought, that there are obviously random people constantly forming divisions for CB, and they are raging at each other, because the game doesnt start? Seriously, its news to me. Then again - we are talking about wows-players so... :cap_fainting:

5 minutes ago, crippsy99 said:

Regarding the first part, at the moment you CAN form a division with random people..and thats the issue..clan battles are on this very moment, but when you select 'looking for a division' and getting invites, almost everyone is for a clan battle at the moment..but then after everyone selects their ships, they cant start the battle, so the insults fly, people leave..try to join another, and same problem over again..

Well, obviously you can not form a division, since you cant start a game? Maybe WG could have disabled the option to form a division, but I guess they thought, that CLANbattles would be enough of a clue?

6 minutes ago, crippsy99 said:

Im not usually online when clan battles are, just happens today I am, and since one of the special missions is to play a clan battle (and ive never fought as a t10 ship before) I feel im missing out because noone else is online. I just checked the clan roster and theres 10 out of 23 people active, me being one, 9 having played battles today, and 1 played yesterday..everyone else its been a few weeks or more..

I have to ask you again: why are you in that clan? In my two clans, that ive been part of, we have direct communication outside of the game. We know pretty much when we play, we see when someone is online and we form divisions all the time. So yeah, if your clan is inactive or incapable of communicating, you will obviously miss out on clan activities. If that bothers you that much ... get in an active clan? Get involved into communicating yourself? These things dont just happen by itself you know, its needs you too.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
153 posts
5,701 battles

Amusing as not only is the OP out there; but he has managed to pull a division of random like minded people together in order to play CB :Smile_coin:

I do agree with the OP, I think WG should allow it; those CB battles would be like taking out a triple Nikolai division - balanced.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this